Livingston - all the threads merged

Martindale couldn't care less that he has just relegated Livi and just moves onto next season already.

Wonder if family members will lose their jobs as a result on the less revenue coming in.

I am sure we will hear from the volunteer chairman soon on the plans for the club from here on in. I wont hold my breadth  

Looking forward to next season is the more useful mindset now but one final grumble about last summer. All Martindale had to do was continue believing in what he'd built. Just leave things ticking along as they were. Use a back 4 and for the two centre back positions he already had 3 competent options in Obileye, De Lucas and Boyes. Then he had Fat Tom Parkes as his back up. Such an almighty error to second guess himself and to rip it all up, to switch to a back 3 and sink the budget on two shite centre backs significantly worse than the two players their arrival forced out.

The funniest way to sum up this season is that the best moment was watching that Tete Yengi header splat into the mud at Partick then dribble over the line. 

17 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

Looking forward to next season is the more useful mindset now but one final grumble about last summer. All Martindale had to do was continue believing in what he'd built. Just leave things ticking along as they were. Use a back 4 and for the two centre back positions he already had 3 competent options in Obileye, De Lucas and Boyes. Then he had Fat Tom Parkes as his back up. Such an almighty error to second guess himself and to rip it all up, to switch to a back 3 and sink the budget on two shite centre backs significantly worse than the two players their arrival forced out.

The funniest way to sum up this season is that the best moment was watching that Tete Yengi header splat into the mud at Partick then dribble over the line. 

You know and I know we should be building for next season with a new manager.

Martindale should do the honourable thing and walk but looks like he's no honourable so we're stuck with him 

Tough luck lads. It might be a good year to be in the Champ next year with none of the big teams down there.

Thank f**k,confirmed at last,we've been absolutely dreadful. 

Highlight of the season was coming back from 0-2 down at Firhill in the Scottish Cup,Yengi's extra time header nestling in the partick net.

No matter the result and no matter what that result means for your team, a manager should always have the decency to acknowledge the fans for their support. Martindale went onto the park at FT today, berated the ref and then went straight down the tunnel. 

This angered me greatly, probably far more than it should have. 

25 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

No matter the result and no matter what that result means for your team, a manager should always have the decency to acknowledge the fans for their support. Martindale went onto the park at FT today, berated the ref and then went straight down the tunnel. 

This angered me greatly, probably far more than it should have. 

We disagree on somethings but we agree on this point you make about respect 

Championship is a massively enjoyable league, far more competitive than the Premiership. Glad it's finally confirmed now rather than hanging over our heads

Posted (edited)

Started typing up a long rant but can't be arsed now. It's shocking that we regressed so much from a comfortable finish last season (and not losing many key players) to this bin fire of a campaign. With all due respect to them as a football club, to be 10 points behind the worst side St. Johnstone have had in years is damning indictment on the Livingston management and players. 

Anyway, onto next season...

Goalkeepers
1. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Shamal George - 2026

Defenders
2. 🇮🇪 Shaun Donnellan - 2026
12. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jamie Brandon - 2025
14. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Miles Welch-Hayes - 2026
🇬🇧 Matthew Clarke - 2026
🇬🇧 Daniel Finlayson - 2025 (1 year extension clause)

Midfielders
4. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 David Carson - 2025
8. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scott Pittman - 2026
10. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Stephen Kelly - 2025
18. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jason Holt - 2025
20. 🇱🇷 Mo Sangare - 2025 (1 year extension option)
40. 🇳🇬 Samson Lawal - 2026

Forwards
7. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Liam Sole - 2026 (1 year extension option)
16. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Steven Bradley - 2025
33. 🇦🇺 Tete Yengi - 2026
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Ricky Korboa - 2025 (1 year extension option)
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Robbie Muirhead - 2026

In
Matthew Clarke - Linfield
Daniel Finlayson - Linfield
Ricky Korboa - Woking
Robbie Muirhead - Greenock Morton
Liam Sole - Maidstone United

Out
Daniel Mackay - Hibernian (Loan Return)
James Penrice - Heart of Midlothian

Out of Contract
Jack Hamilton
Cristian Montano
Mikey Devlin (2 year extension option)
Ayo Obileye
Michael Nottingham
Andrew Shinnie
Sean Kelly
Bruce Anderson
Joel Nouble
Kurtis Guthrie (1 year extension option)
Morgan Boyes

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Some facts in this article. There are no championship discounted legal fees unfortunately. 

Why is Ward and Martindale holding on screaming and shouting for something thats not their company 🤷‍♂️

e8f5e58e-ae2b-444d-bf22-88d1ea7b3199.jpeg

As much as the pitch was dubious I enjoyed my trips to Livi, found a food parking space up at the school and remember getting a free pie for some reason.  We’ll see you back in the next 2 or three years.

Unless we drop obviously.

56 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

With all due respect to them as a football club, to be 10 points behind the worst side St. Johnstone have had in years is damning indictment on the Livingston management and players. 

No respect needed. Our two managers this season, based on points per game, as the worst two we've had in the entire existence of the club.

Couple of questions.  1. Are your players more likely to down tools or try and throw a spanner in the works by beating someone between now and the end of the season?

2. what’s Daniel Mackay’s contract situation at Hibs?  I’ve never seen a more obvious County signing in my life.  

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

What’s Daniel Mackay’s contract situation at Hibs?  I’ve never seen a more obvious County signing in my life.  

I’d be surprised; his family are massive IC&T fans. 

1 minute ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’d be surprised; his family are massive IC&T fans. 

In my experience that doesn’t count for much.  The Highland derby is on of the least intense rivalries in existence.  

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

In my experience that doesn’t count for much.  The Highland derby is on of the least intense rivalries in existence.  

I understand. However (without trying to sound like one of those ITK wanks), I live on the same street as his parents and they absolutely despise us. I reckon he’d be disowned. 

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Couple of questions.  1. Are your players more likely to down tools or try and throw a spanner in the works by beating someone between now and the end of the season?

2. what’s Daniel Mackay’s contract situation at Hibs?  I’ve never seen a more obvious County signing in my life.  

We had the option to sign him after his loan deal was up, but i doubt he'll want to sign for us now we're relegated.