Livingston - all the threads merged

3 hours ago, Livi said:

Why is Martindale being afforded the opportunity to keep going?

Saw a fan put a thread together of Martindale's last 18 month performance and its a shocking read.

why is no-one absolutely no one challenging him?  

He’s the only person who affords opportunities, the only one who can challenge. Until he wakes up and sacks himself, or bankrupts the club trying and/or failing to get control of the ownership, he’s going nowhere.

I gather some members of his family now work at the club too. Will be interesting to see who does and doesn’t lose their job in the offices this summer.

55 minutes ago, CAL FERRIE IN GOALS said:

Alright Livi, who are yous most looking forward to play next season in the Championship?

Ayr away,Somerset park is looking impressive these days. 

4 hours ago, Livi said:

Why is Martindale being afforded the opportunity to keep going?

Saw a fan put a thread together of Martindale's last 18 month performance and its a shocking read.

why is no-one absolutely no one challenging him?  

Saw that on twitter/X

A very insightful look into what's been going on with DM,football wise.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CharlieWhisky said:

He’s the only person who affords opportunities, the only one who can challenge. Until he wakes up and sacks himself, or bankrupts the club trying and/or failing to get control of the ownership, he’s going nowhere.

I gather some members of his family now work at the club too. Will be interesting to see who does and doesn’t lose their job in the offices this summer.

I get that but there looks to be on the surface ZERO pressure from the fanbase. A lot of fans saying had enough but still going to fund the club with season ticket purchase. 

There seems to be ZERO media interest to the behind the scenes shenanigans of court cases.

I just don't get it any other club there would be some from of external pressure but seems there is nothing at Livi despite how many are feeling

Any news on the Trust asking hard questions of the club?   

Edited by Livi

1 hour ago, Livi said:

I get that but there looks to be on the surface ZERO pressure from the fanbase. A lot of fans saying had enough but still going to fund the club with season ticket purchase. 

There seems to be ZERO media interest to the behind the scenes shenanigans of court cases.

I just don't get it any other club there would be some from of external pressure but seems there is nothing at Livi despite how many are feeling

I’m not sure you can say there’s zero pressure when the fan post you mentioned seems to have gained universal support, both on Twitter and now on the FB Forum?

Giving season ticket renewal isn’t out yet, it’s not clear how fans can actively show their feeling.

Has the trust announced who’s been voted into positions?

11 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

I’m not sure you can say there’s zero pressure when the fan post you mentioned seems to have gained universal support, both on Twitter and now on the FB Forum?

Giving season ticket renewal isn’t out yet, it’s not clear how fans can actively show their feeling.

Has the trust announced who’s been voted into positions?

I guess i was just going by whats said here and on the FB forum. You are right i should have said minimum pressure being asserted rather than ZERO.

i seen on here and FB forum people say i will renew regardless. That was my point.

When are the Trust due to announce names for the committee roles? 

1 minute ago, Livi said:

I guess i was just going by whats said here and on the FB forum. You are right i should have said minimum pressure being asserted rather than ZERO.

i seen on here and FB forum people say i will renew regardless. That was my point.

When are the Trust due to announce names for the committee roles? 

Ah fair point - there does seem to be a weird mix of disappointment and excitement about moving into a fairly competitive league. I guess season tickets will be the biggest indicator

I’m not sure about the Trust’s plans going forward, however I’m not sure they’ve publicly announced the outcomes of their meeting last month  

1 minute ago, CharlieWhisky said:

I heard Don Paul has yet to relinquish control of the Trust social media accounts, website and mailing list. Not sure how anyone can get the message out otherwise.

Seriously thats whats holding up the Trust moving forward? 

2 hours ago, Livi said:

We've had this discussion on here already:

-There is fan pressure, boo's, abuse, social media posting etc. A number of fans aren't happy and in certain situations have let it be known. There is not much else can be done. Please enlighten us as to what you would like done.

-Of course fans will keep buying tickets because it's that money which now more than ever keeps the club alive. I for one would like to continue having a team to support.

-Of course the wider media isn't going into a frenzy regarding our off field issues because for the umpteenth time, the cases are ongoing. Various outlets have passed comment on it which right now is all they can do. 

7 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

We've had this discussion on here already:

-There is fan pressure, boo's, abuse, social media posting etc. A number of fans aren't happy and in certain situations have let it be known. There is not much else can be done. Please enlighten us as to what you would like done.

-Of course fans will keep buying tickets because it's that money which now more than ever keeps the club alive. I for one would like to continue having a team to support.

-Of course the wider media isn't going into a frenzy regarding our off field issues because for the umpteenth time, the cases are ongoing. Various outlets have passed comment on it which right now is all they can do. 

You are correct. We have spoken about it here before and it kinda falls on deaf ears. Its like we get the tambourine out and sing if your happy and you know it clap your hands kinda a cathartic approach 

i am talking about a more co-ordinated approach to the unhappiness. A boo here or there wont cut anything i'm afraid. There could be a co-ordinated approach to stand at the front door in silent protest with banners  "Martindale Out" "Resign" on the last home game of the season - might not change anything but at least he would be in no doubt 😂 (he said recently he's off social media) 

Copy what other clubs do when they have managers and volunteers boards like we have.

Not asking the media to report on live cases (albeit that happens every day in the criminal courts) but asking hard questions of ownership would be a start.

i accept we won't agree on this.

i'm away looking for the tambourine.  

25 minutes ago, Livi said:

You are correct. We have spoken about it here before and it kinda falls on deaf ears. Its like we get the tambourine out and sing if your happy and you know it clap your hands kinda a cathartic approach 

i am talking about a more co-ordinated approach to the unhappiness. A boo here or there wont cut anything i'm afraid. There could be a co-ordinated approach to stand at the front door in silent protest with banners  "Martindale Out" "Resign" on the last home game of the season - might not change anything but at least he would be in no doubt 😂 (he said recently he's off social media) 

Copy what other clubs do when they have managers and volunteers boards like we have.

Not asking the media to report on live cases (albeit that happens every day in the criminal courts) but asking hard questions of ownership would be a start.

i accept we won't agree on this.

i'm away looking for the tambourine.  

If Martindale can ignore the numerous shouts during a game, I doubt a silent protest will do much.

The two options, in my view, are season tickets and supporters trust. Giving most folk will renew out of habit, the Trust becoming more consistently vocal (and active) about all aspects of the club may have to do

11 hours ago, The Wrong Car said:

If Martindale can ignore the numerous shouts during a game, I doubt a silent protest will do much.

The two options, in my view, are season tickets and supporters trust. Giving most folk will renew out of habit, the Trust becoming more consistently vocal (and active) about all aspects of the club may have to do

With respect, we were told at the meeting that the transition would take a wee while to carry forward.Would imagine their currently making sure it carries on smoothly as possible.Call it deluded loyalty,but il be renewing my ST.Supporters of course have the right to do so if they wish.Personally,as long as the club is there,il be there,regardless of the turmoil currently surrounding us.

8 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

With respect, we were told at the meeting that the transition would take a wee while to carry forward.Would imagine their currently making sure it carries on smoothly as possible.Call it deluded loyalty,but il be renewing my ST.Supporters of course have the right to do so if they wish.Personally,as long as the club is there,il be there,regardless of the turmoil currently surrounding us.

It's only really a small number voicing hostile opposition to Mrtindale at games, and on the internet.  The majority of our fans aren't on FB or football forums, and probably just like yourself Troy, they'll renew their ST regardless of whether Martindale is still here or not.

12 hours ago, Livi said:

Not sure I'd waste my time at a protest but would most definitely sign an open letter from fans saying we think it's time he moved on. 

As you keep bringing up the lack of opposition to Martindale why don't you begin/lead this coordinated approach? 

1 hour ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Not sure I'd waste my time at a protest but would most definitely sign an open letter from fans saying we think it's time he moved on. 

As you keep bringing up the lack of opposition to Martindale why don't you begin/lead this coordinated approach? 

It needs a formal approach /group to take the lead not an individual but thanks 😀 I would certainly join in and like you sign an open letter. Protest was one example.

The facts are with a core fanbase of 800 and no real collective voice through a supporters club or supporters trust it is going to be very difficult.

Roll on the new season 🙄🥴🙄 

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

It's only really a small number voicing hostile opposition to Mrtindale at games, and on the internet.  The majority of our fans aren't on FB or football forums, and probably just like yourself Troy, they'll renew their ST regardless of whether Martindale is still here or not.

The village idiot strikes again.

Go and read the FB forum, Twitter its not just the same few voices. 

2 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

Your prerogative to renew thats the democracy we live in.

Lets hope your not funding more court cases and that the money is spent wisely 👍 

Posted (edited)

See us being linked with Robbie Muirhead, 12 goals in the Championship this season and 10 last season. Think he'd be a decent signing*.

That's assuming it is actually him, his name but Grant Gillespie's photo that the Record have gone for.

*If we can keep hold of Yengi that is, would prefer Muirhead as a different option rather than our first choice

Edited by LiviLion