Livingston - all the threads merged

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Iiir their manager even said pre match how we played, and during the game McNeil shrugged his shoulders at the fans shouting to him to stop passing it out from the back. He knew if he didn't follow instructions he'd be castigated, like Bobby Barr was, sent to East Fife. Even if we occasionally sent it long, just so we weren't so predictable, and the opposition strikers wouldn't know to stay up the pitch waiting for us to pass it our from the keeper. 

Lucky you, wish i had no memory of it too.

Yeah he's said that about Callum Carson before when i praised him for the coverage on Livi, best we've ever had. He obv had to have a certain amount of diplomacy reporting on all things Livi, and not be overly critical, but thought he was pretty honest in his critique, certainly very informative and gave a good match report on our performance.

I can only really remember one Livi fan having a proper argument with Callum Carson, I wonder if that's the same person we're dealing with here :D Would make a lot of sense actually given they're also fairly publicly critical of Ward and Martindale too.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

I can only really remember one Livi fan having a proper argument with Callum Carson, I wonder if that's the same person we're dealing with here :D Would make a lot of sense actually given they're also fairly publicly critical of Ward and Martindale too.

I've been outed as a few people over the last few months so lets throw that option in as well. 😀

Along with also being @Roger the cabin boy😀

Anyone know how the court cases went last week? 

The behaviour of some of your teenage 'young team' on Saturday was absolutely appaling! One thick eedgit with a dull on balaclava!!! Drunk, scaring the poor wee young kids travelling with Ross County.

Not even Celtic, Rangers, ICT or Elgin ever been as bad.

Hopefully CCTV captured that and some of your 'young team' get a chap on the door from the Police! Disgraceful and for that alone deserve relegation.

I will be keeping an eye on Google & your local papers for that.

43 minutes ago, Sonam said:

The behaviour of some of your teenage 'young team' on Saturday was absolutely appaling! One thick eedgit with a dull on balaclava!!! Drunk, scaring the poor wee young kids travelling with Ross County.

Hopefully CCTV captured that and some of your 'young team' get a chap on the door from the Police! Disgraceful and for that alone deserve relegation.

They don't belong to us, they're responsible for their own conduct. I walked through them goading the Ross County boys and it was annoying. At least it was only goading, though. St Mirren boys battered some adult Livi fans at Almondvale a few months back in an unprovoked assault. Aberdeen boys similarly battered adult Livi fans outside Pittodrie last season. There's a gen z thing going on where mobs of them like to batter spectators outside stadiums on matchdays. 

7 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

They don't belong to us, they're responsible for their own conduct. I walked through them goading the Ross County boys and it was annoying. At least it was only goading, though. St Mirren boys battered some adult Livi fans at Almondvale a few months back in an unprovoked assault. Aberdeen boys similarly battered adult Livi fans outside Pittodrie last season. There's a gen z thing going on where mobs of them like to batter spectators outside stadiums on matchdays. 

Horrible stuff by St. Mirren & Aberdeen fans too. 

6 hours ago, PogoStick said:

Rammy between our lot and Motherwell Boys on Saturday too.

Looked to be just ultra on ultra though (not that that’s ok either) given they were all dressed in identikit black hoodies and covered faces. No idea how they know whose battering who.

Wee fannies are getting out of hand. 

Totally! But there is limits...

On 27/04/2024 at 18:10, LIVIFOREVER said:

What if we start winning games and are having a good season?

I'll be there regardless, watched us in the bottom tier when we were demoted from the 1st division/Championship, just like going to the football and everything that entails, pre match meet up with mates etc.

I go to football for entertainment value only.  Watching Martindale's teams has become increasingly tedious over the past couple of seasons.  We need a change. 

Besides, no-one should be allowed to stay in a football manager's job after the level of incompetence shown by Martindale this season. 

9 hours ago, PogoStick said:

Looked to be just ultra on ultra though (not that that’s ok either) given they were all dressed in identikit black hoodies and covered faces. No idea how they know whose battering who.

I have wondered the same at times.

1 hour ago, East Calder Lion said:

I go to football for entertainment value only.  Watching Martindale's teams has become increasingly tedious over the past couple of seasons.  We need a change. 

Besides, no-one should be allowed to stay in a football manager's job after the level of incompetence shown by Martindale this season. 

It was entertaining on Saturday there, might be the same in the Championship next season. 

The entertainment over results is an interesting debate though.  Sometimes you lose playing decent stuff, and sometimes you win playing poorly, but stick away your chances, def come away feeling better after we win than being gallant/plucky losers. Course this season we've mostly played poorly and lost, esp defensively.

12 hours ago, Sonam said:

Aye not experienced it myself, but keep reading more and more about these incidents around grounds. Sure i read about County boys chucking stones at cars in our last match thread when we played you too. I was parked up by the Mallard and got away without any problems, so again didn't see anything myself.

Had a quick look, here it is.

On 24/02/2024 at 17:17, crispy said:

Just clocked a couple of County fans throwing stones at the Livi fans cars after pursuing them up Park Street. Not a good look County…

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

11 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

I disagree, we all have our part to play in stopping violence and it starts by taking responsibility. These are Livi fans and need to be told it's not acceptable, they do represent the club and the rest of us if they're wearing Livi colours etc....It needs to stop now, all clubs and all fans need to be on the same page

12 hours ago, Sonam said:

where was this? Next home game I'll going to wherever they are gathering and giving them a piece of my mind ! Not kidding !

3 minutes ago, larry the lion said:

I disagree, we all have our part to play in stopping violence and it starts by taking responsibility. These are Livi fans and need to be told it's not acceptable, they do represent the club and the rest of us if they're wearing Livi colours etc....It needs to stop now, all clubs and all fans need to be on the same page

In and around the stadium certainly, if this is becoming a problem Livingston should be discussing it at their match day briefs, and ensuring there is security looking out for these balaclava youths, and ensuring safe passage for visiting fans getting to their cars/buses. Needs to be reported to them too though, so they're aware of it.

Utter hypocrisy all round.........

When leaving Almondvale last season vs County (was one of the last out of the stadium/big flag to take down),myself and another adult Livi fan were set upon by the young County team.......

Its not just a Livi issue,aw these young ladz hav seen too much "Green Street" and YouTube vids of Ultras clashing all over Europe. 

It may stick in a lot of people's throats and by the way I ain't condoning it,but this culture has followed football for decades.

Skins+Punks  /then/Casuals  /now/Ultras etc etc.

Edited by Dav nan Gael

1 minute ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Utter hypocrisy all round.........

When leaving Almondvale last season vs County (was one of the last out of the stadium/big flag to take down),myself and another adult Livi fan were set upon by the young County team.......

Its not just a Livi issue,aw these young ladz hav seen too much "Green Street" and YouTube vids of Ultras clashing all over Europe. 

It may stick in a lot of people's throats and by the way I ain't condoning it,but this culture has followed football for decades.

Skins+Punks  /then/Casuals  /now/Ultras etc etc.

Yeah i don't think anyone is saying it's just a Livi problem, posters above have mentioned incidents by other fans, County, Aberdeen, St Mirren, and Motherwell, i've seen a lot of other match threads on P&B mentioning these hoodie and balaclava youths causing trouble outside grounds.

There has to be a common sense balance struck here,especially with anything to do with Livingston Football Club.

Reason: we're not exactly brimming with young men coming along to support our football club and that is a worry. 

Push these lads away and off they trot to the old firm or the Edinburgh 2.

But worse than that,off they trot,some of them who don't stay in Livi to their "local" clubs......too many Livi fans seem to forget outwith the big 4 clubs I've just mentioned,that we now have competition from the small clubs all around us,working they're way up the pyramid  !!!

Yeah they need reined in,but to totally discourage them could be fatal................

Edited by Dav nan Gael

to discourage them from what ? Committing criminal acts of violence?

I think that's an okay ambition;  your not suggesting their support should come with a caveat they can be violent to other people? I think I can safely say that if they only want to come to Livi FC to be aggressive and violent, we don't want them.

How many other people, families are they (all violent football fans) putting off coming down to the games.....?

Just calm it down, keep it non violent tribalism and enjoy supporting your team with your mates. 

I played rugby and did martial arts, none of this rubbish followed those sports around, what are they trying to prove?

Edited by larry the lion