Livingston - all the threads merged

Ledingham made some really good tackles but was getting turned far too easily at times and was also just as likely to slice a clearance or pass it straight to a Dunfermline player - but that last one could be said for everyone in a Livi shirt last night. Definitely tempered the expectation of him being some wonderkid, but I'd still rather see him finish the season in the first team ahead of Nottingham/Devlin.

I was actually most impressed with Rudi Bryce, thought he got up and down the wing well and looked like he could develop into a decent winger/wing back. For me our biggest problem was how easily we were being dispossessed, just weren't winning the physical battles and it just generally looked like the Dunfermline players had a couple extra years of proper coaching behind them; they were much better at making space and finding a pass, whereas I felt our lot were more likely to panic and punt the ball to no one.

Special mention to Rhappozzoh, came off the bench and looked like the second coming of Messi for a bit before playing a pass from the halfway line that almost went out for a corner and then fly-kicking someone. It's like Dolly Menga (for his unpredictability) and Cece Pepe (for his ability to toe poke simple passes all over the place) were used for some lab experiment, looking forward to seeing how he gets on.

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Ledingham made some really good tackles but was getting turned far too easily at times and was also just as likely to slice a clearance or pass it straight to a Dunfermline player - but that last one could be said for everyone in a Livi shirt last night. Definitely tempered the expectation of him being some wonderkid, but I'd still rather see him finish the season in the first team ahead of Nottingham/Devlin.

I was actually most impressed with Rudi Bryce, thought he got up and down the wing well and looked like he could develop into a decent winger/wing back. For me our biggest problem was how easily we were being dispossessed, just weren't winning the physical battles and it just generally looked like the Dunfermline players had a couple extra years of proper coaching behind them; they were much better at making space and finding a pass, whereas I felt our lot were more likely to panic and punt the ball to no one.

Special mention to Rhappozzoh, came off the bench and looked like the second coming of Messi for a bit before playing a pass from the halfway line that almost went out for a corner and then fly-kicking someone. It's like Dolly Menga (for his unpredictability) and Cece Pepe (for his ability to toe poke simple passes all over the place) were used for some lab experiment, looking forward to seeing how he gets on.

I'd be interested to see how Ledingham would get on in a first team game but I can't see Martindale giving any of them game time. 

Bryce for a while didn't put a foot wrong but then seemed to get quite tired which was understandable. 

As for Rhappozzoh, I myself made the exact same comparison to Dolly Manga during the game 😂 

42 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Martindale saying he wants to keep 12 or 13 of the current squad 🤮

Martindale OUT. Livi fans are to passive to even consider that as an option on a wholesale basis. 

Looks like it will be more of the same next year with ownership challenges continually being kicked into the long grass. 

Ho Hum

Edited by Livi

11 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Martindale saying he wants to keep 12 or 13 of the current squad 🤮

I don't think that's too outrageous, depending on the 12 or 13 he means.

Shamal George

Shaun Donnellan
Jamie Brandon
Miles Welch-Hayes

David Carson
Scott Pittman
Stephen Kelly
Mo Sangare
Samson Lawal

Steven Bradley
Tete Yengi

That's 11 there who are under contract, pending any relegation clauses, and I think that's a half decent starting point for next season. Jack Hamilton has done well when he's stepped in and Montano might regain functioning legs at some point. Not going to entertain the idea of Mackay choosing to join us in the Championship when I'm sure he'll have offers to play in the top flight.

There's 12 or 13 (depending on Montano's fitness) who I'd be fine with us keeping, though I'm almost certain he'll keep Guthrie and probably Nottingham and Devlin too.

Going to be a fun summer anyway.

38 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Shamal George

Shaun Donnellan
Jamie Brandon
Miles Welch-Hayes

David Carson
Scott Pittman
Stephen Kelly
Mo Sangare
Samson Lawal

Steven Bradley
Tete Yengi

That's 11 there who are under contract, pending any relegation clauses, and I think that's a half decent starting point for next season. Jack Hamilton has done well when he's stepped in and Montano might regain functioning legs at some point. Not going to entertain the idea of Mackay choosing to join us in the Championship when I'm sure he'll have offers to play in the top flight.

There's 12 or 13 (depending on Montano's fitness) who I'd be fine with us keeping, though I'm almost certain he'll keep Guthrie and probably Nottingham and Devlin too.

I agree, if we can keep 75% of that list then we'll be fine in the Championship. Assuming that we don't also being Nottingham and Devlin with us.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Shamal George

Shaun Donnellan
Jamie Brandon
Miles Welch-Hayes

David Carson
Scott Pittman
Stephen Kelly
Mo Sangare
Samson Lawal

Steven Bradley
Tete Yengi

Yes; when I first saw the numbers 12 or 13 I thought "who" and then I looked at the squad list.

I'd like to try and keep Jason Holt and Morgan Boyes but would expect Teto to be around as well.

As shite as we've been this season, we've beaten Raith and Partick Thistle in cup games, that's 2 of the current top 4 teams in the Championship, keeping 12 or 13 of our best players and adding a few that are able to play at that level and we'd be competitive enough to stay up.  Would have to see what shape we're in at the start of next season before getting my hopes up for anything more than that. 

Even the Sun is no wanting to ask the hard questions of the Livi manager.

In this interview he talks about if Livingston wants me I'll be here. He never talks about the owners or the board or a person as it would lead to the obvious point that he is the "Livingston" he talks about in his interview.

The current Livi manager has no shame.

On 23/04/2024 at 18:37, CharlieWhisky said:

Future first team stars (for East of Scotland League teams)

IMG_4303.jpeg

I can't see how Martindale can be given the job of bringing any of these players through. 

He does not have to technical competence or the required emotional intelligence to do so.

We are going to need someone who knows how to introduce young players into the team and develop them.  

He said he’d be losing players out of contract and others who want to leave, which I imagine is Stephen Kelly. My understanding is that everyone except the goalkeeper has the option to leave for free if they want to.

46 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

He said he’d be losing players out of contract and others who want to leave, which I imagine is Stephen Kelly. My understanding is that everyone except the goalkeeper has the option to leave for free if they want to.

So is that "they want to leave if we're relegated" or "they wish to leave irrespective"

Doesn't sound much like playing to the last game to me.

1 hour ago, CharlieWhisky said:

You can't do this to me. 

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

So is that "they want to leave if we're relegated" or "they wish to leave irrespective"

Doesn't sound much like playing to the last game to me.

Said some might stay if we remained in the Premiership.

Martindale back talking about alot of the off field activity again? 

McIlvogue, the owner? i thought the court put a halt to that in the ownership battles that are ongoing? 

Livi fans are being taken for a ride and many will continue to buy it.

4d9fe5b9-64bd-4427-ab5a-aa4fb7f76487.jpeg

Edited by Livi