Livingston - all the threads merged

It's coming to that time of the season where we have to pick our poty and ypoty, tough choice this year. 
Ive done a wee poll on twitter @Andrewandylivi if you got twitter go vote. 
I selected Liam Buchanan, Craig Halkett, Scott Pittman and Shaun Byrne as my 4 nominees for poty, do you agree ? Who would you choose ? 
As for ypoty, I went for Craig Halkett, Nicky Cadden, Jackson Longridge, Danny Mullen, again are those the correct nominees ? Who would you choose ? 
My selections would probably be Liam Buchanan for poty and Craig Halkett for ypoty. 

Was quite shocked to see Byrne winning it on your poll was expecting Buchs to be strolling it.

7 minutes ago, AMC13 said:

Was quite shocked to see Byrne winning it on your poll was expecting Buchs to be strolling it.

I think there has possibly been a few family, and Dunfermline fans voted on the poll, it was retweeted by someone close to Shaun, so makes it quite difficult to judge. 

Before it was retweeted there was nothing separating Buchanan, Halkett and Pittman. 

On 3/26/2017 at 11:19, Livithegreat said:

Is Ged Nixon still a shareholder? 

I know he was banned from being a director but I've never heard if the rest of Livi 5 bought his shares back off him or if he has shares in his own right too, from years ago and whether he still has them too?

I don't know where to find an updated list of current shareholders? Someone on here maybe knows how? @Skyline Drifter Or maybe the meeting will clear this up too.

33 minutes ago, Phantoms Livi Lass said:

I know he was banned from being a director but I've never heard if the rest of Livi 5 bought his shares back off him or if he has shares in his own right too, from years ago and whether he still has them too?

I don't know where to find an updated list of current shareholders? Someone on here maybe knows how? @Skyline Drifter Or maybe the meeting will clear this up too.

It was my understanding that Nixon's shares where bought out but I've no idea if that's the case or not. 

I believe that Gordon Ford is selling his shares 40 % he's got I think, maybe someone can confirm ? No idea who the buyer is though but all rumours point to someone local. 

Edited by andylivi1

28 minutes ago, Phantoms Livi Lass said:

You cant. Shareholder info is only required annually. Livingston 5 own a vastly controlling interest in Livingston FC. It last filed a confirmation statement at Companies House in August 2016. At that point Ged Nixon still owned 20%. Robert Wilson and Neil Hogarth also owned 20% each and Gordon Ford owned 40%. The next update is not required until August 2017.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You cant. Shareholder info is only required annually. Livingston 5 own a vastly controlling interest in Livingston FC. It last filed a confirmation statement at Companies House in August 2016. At that point Ged Nixon still owned 20%. Robert Wilson and Neil Hogarth also owned 20% each and Gordon Ford owned 40%. The next update is not required until August 2017.

Thank you very much you are a star. :)

34 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

It was my understanding that Nixon's shares where bought out but I've no idea if that's the case or not. 

I believe that Gordon Ford is selling his shares 60% he's got I think, maybe someone can confirm ? No idea who the buyer is though but all rumours point to someone local. 

Ok, cheers. Going by the facts supplied by Skyline Drifter then Gordon Ford can only sell 40%, are we therefore assuming that the Mystery Buyer is also buying Nixon's shares so that will take it up to the 60% you heard about? Or are Wilson & Hogarth selling theirs too? 

45 minutes ago, Phantoms Livi Lass said:

Ok, cheers. Going by the facts supplied by Skyline Drifter then Gordon Ford can only sell 40%, are we therefore assuming that the Mystery Buyer is also buying Nixon's shares so that will take it up to the 60% you heard about? Or are Wilson & Hogarth selling theirs too? 

I wasn't sure if he had 60% or not, was just off the top of my head so going by SD's knowledge that he has 40% then as far as I'm aware it's his share he's selling, so his 40% again no idea who too though, and at this stage it is just rumours. 

I would love if it was someone with no previous ties to the club, either direct or indirect, but sadly, I'm fearing it'll be someone linked to those already in the frame. 

As an aside, what's the odds of some sort of special PATG deal for this weekend's game, followed by a concerted effort by the club to advertise the fact we're about to win a league title?

Prob too late now but would've been good if Livi got the free school tickets out for this game to get 2 or 3 hundred school kids in to make plenty noise and hopefully see the team win the league and join in the celebrations. Would maybe drown out all the moaning c***s that would  be complaining to Hopkin that we didn't beat Alloa 25 nil and win the league by 60 points.

Craig Halkett wins young player of the year by getting 53% of the votes on the unofficial poll, Danny Mullen 2nd on 34% with Nicky Cadden on 10% and Jackson Longridge getting 3% of the votes. 

Still 24hrs to run on the player of the year poll but nothing separating Craig Halkett and Liam Buchanan who are both on 31%, Shaun Byrne has 23% and Scott Pittman 15%

IMG_5432.PNG

Edited by andylivi1

1 hour ago, Afro said:

I would love if it was someone with no previous ties to the club, either direct or indirect, but sadly, I'm fearing it'll be someone linked to those already in the frame. 

As an aside, what's the odds of some sort of special PATG deal for this weekend's game, followed by a concerted effort by the club to advertise the fact we're about to win a league title?

Exactly Afro,surely there will be something in the Courier for example advertising the fact the title could be won at home this weekend !!

9 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Exactly Afro,surely there will be something in the Courier for example advertising the fact the title could be won at home this weekend !!

To be fair to the Courier, they've done a not bad job of advertising the club over the years. The problem is, how many folk are going to look at the back page first? Would be ideal if the splash on the front page below the header was advertising this game and not some post office in Bathgate celebrating it's 80th birthday.

Bit late in the day now for planning anything except print media and perhaps social media; but they need to try something or it'll be an excellent opportunity passed up as per.

It couldn't really have happened at a worse time either, regular sports reporter Callum Carson is on holiday, he would've had a lot going on for it, the guy who's editing the sports pages for the next fortnight is just standing in. 

Id like to think that the club may be looking at letting under 16s in for free or something like that.