Livingston - all the threads merged

Don't have to say much everyone else has pretty much covered it. Hoppy's ripping the arse out of this and I still have the feeling he'll leave meaning all he's done has delayed time for us to get players in/replace players that will leave. Think most are just fed up now.

I don’t think the news about Josh Mullin leaving has helped matters. 

No one knows if there is a correlation between him moving on and us not having our management team sorted yet so naturally people are going to put 2 and 2 together and say he left because of that. 

That is frustrating but we don’t know if he was leaving anyway. 

Time will tell if this works out or not, I’m worried but I truly hope Hoppy stays and we can move on from this by next week. 

1 hour ago, Afro said:

It’s all set up nicely for us to end up with Jim fucking Duffy.

I have had that in my head for a week or so now.

If he decides to stay after his holiday, it will probably work out fine without too much damage done. If he leaves after his holidays, we may be looking at a dire situation where we have to hire a manager then build half a squad in the space of two months.

Unless Martindale is working behind the scenes on this, I suspect the better players will likely sign for rivals soon.

Sounds a bit more positive going by Callum Carson’s tweet who has spoken to Hoppy. 

Says he’s actually still contracted to the club as he didn’t sign a deal until July last year and is working on signings for Livingston. 

Also regarding Josh, I’m told he’s quadrupled his wages and Ross County have a budget of 2 million next season, we simply can’t compete with that kind of money. 

8 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I have had that in my head for a week or so now.

If he decides to stay after his holiday, it will probably work out fine without too much damage done. If he leaves after his holidays, we may be looking at a dire situation where we have to hire a manager then build half a squad in the space of two months.

Unless Martindale is working behind the scenes on this, I suspect the better players will likely sign for rivals soon.

Agree with pretty much everything that has been said! Really need to get this sorted or we are going to end up with dross. If DH does go I'd seriously consider offering the job to Martindale - knows all the players and what we are good at. Who else would we get tbh??

I want Hopkin to stay, i don’t really want to discuss replacements tbh but if I had to I really wouldn’t be against someone like Jim Duffy, plenty experience, knows how we play and holds himself well. 

I can see why it wouldn’t be a popular move but I really wouldn’t have a problem with him at all. 

3 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Aye Robbie Nielsen for me if hoppy walks away.....

There is no way Robbie Neilson would take it - budget will be far too small for him. Lowest budget he's worked with would have been at hearts! And his salary will be huge. Its a non-starter for us...

3 hours ago, velo army said:

Slightly dismayed to read that Hopkin may not stay at Livi. I get that he'll have offers elsewhere, but it just seems hugely unfair that you guys would fight so hard to get up to the Prem, only for the manager and a huge chunk of the playing staff to leave. 

Is it simply the case that the club didn't budget for the Premier division (f**k naming it "the premiership" by the way) and don't want to risk another plunge into admin by paying premier wages?

We're like a lottery winner who hasn't come to terms of what to do with all the money, and are trying to get our head around it all. Pretty amateurish looking but although we had full time playing staff, to save money we were operating like a PT club everywhere else. Now we're having to upgrade and adjust to running it like a FT club.

I actually called it last Thurs about Hoppy going on his hols next and having to wait till he comes back before getting a decision, good news is that I doubt St Mirren will be waiting a fortnight before sorting out their managerial vacancy, so that should take that job offer off the table for him. Just hope nobody has his mobile number while he's on his hols.

Duffy and Martindale, L Miller and Martindale, Alexander and Martindale. 

If Hoppy does go I'd take Jim Duffy. He has the spine of the team left in players already signed and he knows how we play. I think he could work with our budget in a way others like Neilson and McKinnon, McIntyre  etc wouldn't be used to. 

Martindale knows the club and could work with the other two as player managers.

Hope Hoppy stays though.

6 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

I want Hopkin to stay, i don’t really want to discuss replacements tbh but if I had to I really wouldn’t be against someone like Jim Duffy, plenty experience, knows how we play and holds himself well. 

I can see why it wouldn’t be a popular move but I really wouldn’t have a problem with him at all. 

Yep it would be Duffy for me too, has plenty of experience and has worked besides Hoppy at Morton, I don't think there would be much disruption if we got him as a replacement. Like you say though, hopefully Hoppy will stay. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER