Livingston - all the threads merged

28 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

2 years. Wow.

Davie Martindale pulling the strings like a tampon thief. 

There's nothing he can't steal,be it tampons, or young people's futures, even their lives. 

You must be so proud... 

Tracking him for a number of years?  Since when you were in the seaside leagues  Martindale still on the drugs obv.  In all seriousness good luck to Sibbs. He owes us nothing. He is a very gifted player. But he has no pace at all. Hes not as good as a lot of our fans make him out to be if he was he would have left yrs ago. Couldnt get a gig at Luton last season. If u can get runners off him and just let him pass it about he will do well. Sometimes u will wonder if he's on the park. Not sour grapes just fact. Wish him well. 

This is amazing! What a signing. Just hope we are not overstretching the budget to make it happen.

Livingston can give 5k tickets at the TM to Celtic/Rangers/Hearts and Hibs next season that will sell out easily due to the location of the town. Aberdeen and Dundee will also take big crowds through plus the prize money is a lot better. You’ll be aryt. f**k knows how you’ve got to where you are, you could so easily be in the position Airdrie are just now. Fair play to you.

Just now, hoobahabba said:

This is amazing! What a signing. Just hope we are not overstretching the budget to make it happen.

Rumour has it Hartley did us a solid telling Sibbs to f**k off when he heard he had been in contract talks with us, if true then cheers Paul.:thumsup2

Just now, ebobsboy said:

I dont know what you guys think you are getting in Sibbald you must have saw enough of him last season in games v us. Did he standout? Did he dominate the game?  

Did Miller? Lee Miller was superb when he joined us but Falkirk fans said he was past it.

I've seen enough in Sibbald to know he's a cracking player, just needs to be used properly, same as Miller was.

2 minutes ago, Lothiangamer said:

Wonder if that's the negotiation breaking down I heard about :)

We offered him a years option on his 1yr deal last year which the club held and could have forced him to sign it and on more money. Hartley only wanted players who wanted to play at the club. Sibbald made it clear he wanted away so Hartley said dont let the door hit your arse on the way out. 

4 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I dont know what you guys think you are getting in Sibbald you must have saw enough of him last season in games v us. Did he standout? Did he dominate the game?  

I’ve seen Sibbald lots since he has been in your team and he will add some quality to the squad. I have never seen players that are more fit or get through more work than Pittman and Byrne (assuming we manage to keep him, of course) and Sibbald might work very well in that group.

Not expecting him to turn into Messi or the like but definitely adds some technical quality to the group. Excellent signing.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Did Miller? Lee Miller was superb when he joined us but Falkirk fans said he was past it.

I've seen enough in Sibbald to know he's a cracking player, just needs to be used properly, same as Miller was.

Miller suits your style. Unless your planning to get the ball on the deck Sibbald wont. He cant header. 

Just now, ebobsboy said:

Miller suits your style. Unless your planning to get the ball on the deck Sibbald wont. He cant header. 

Our midfield are mostly short arses, they don't need to header balls, they play it on the deck in the final third.  Sibbald will fit in fine.