Livingston - all the threads merged

At least we didnt need to wait until next week for Hoppy to ditch us. Just a shame that we stuck-by him during the relegation but he's jumped at the first sniff of a better deal... ah well!

Not exactly a surprise, and provided that the back room staff remain the same, this shouldn’t have too much of an impact on us. I would imagine Hopkin’s departure may sway the likes of Byrne and Halkett towards the exit door.

Was trying to come up with names that aren’t the regulars 

Jamie McAllister :- would be an interesting one, probably outwith our price range but has connections to the club, has been assistant at Bristol City and may just fancy being his own man now, would be an interesting one. 

Dave McKay :- Again has ties to the club but certainly would be within our price range. Would it be too early for him though ? 

Stewart Petrie :- Done an incredible job at Montrose last season, but it’s one season, again very little experience and like Dave McKay probably too early to make such a step up. 

John Hartson :- Linked to the club just now, whether he wants to step into management I doubt it, probably wouldn’t be worth it. 

Stuart lovell :- No management experience at all, but spoke very well on BT sports, clearly a very intelligent man and would deman respect from the players instantly, a club legend to boot but would he want to risk all that and come into management ? Probably not. 

Fwiw I can’t see us appointing someone as risky as above just a few left field names, I particularly like McAllister, it would be intriguing to say the least but I can see us going for someone who’s done the rounds in Scottish football already. 

Edited by andylivi1

18 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Stuart lovell :- No management experience at all, but spoke very well on BT sports, clearly a very intelligent man and would deman respect from the players instantly, a club legend to boot but would he want to risk all that and come into management ? Probably not.

Stuart Lovell was our caretaker manager for about 2 - 3 weeks in between Iain Scott and Ian McCall in late 2005.

Given he is also gainfully employed with the PFA Scotland as well as his media work I can't see him chucking it all for an insecure gig in management.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Stuart Lovell was our caretaker manager for about 2 - 3 weeks in between Iain Scott and Ian McCall in late 2005.

Given he is also gainfully employed with the PFA Scotland as well as his media work I can't see him chucking it all for an insecure gig in management.

No I agree, just a name I had thrown in tbh. 

1 hour ago, orco said:

Jim McIntyre has not proved himself at a club with limited finance so he's far too much of a risk for me. Sacked twice at Dunfermline and Ross County. 

No, we only sacked him once.

Would like to thank hoppy on getting us back to back promotions,last season in particular was fantastic!!

Who do we go for now.....,Jim Mcintyre,Billy Reid,Jim Duffy or Danny Lennon?

On an interesting side note,Linlithgow Rose have applied to join the East of Scotland senior league...,anyone up for a West Lothian derby game between Livi and the Rose in the years to come..

45 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Jamie McAllister :- would be an interesting one, probably outwith our price range but has connections to the club, has been assistant at Bristol City and may just fancy being his own man now, would be an interesting one. 

Dave McKay :- Again has ties to the club but certainly would be within our price range. Would it be too early for him though ? 

Stewart Petrie :- Done an incredible job at Montrose last season, but it’s one season, again very little experience and like Dave McKay probably too early to make such a step up. 

John Hartson :- Linked to the club just now, whether he wants to step into management I doubt it, probably wouldn’t be worth it. 

Fwiw I can’t see us appointing someone as risky as above just a few left field names, I particularly like McAllister, it would be intriguing to say the least but I can see us going for someone who’s done the rounds in Scottish football already. 

Callum Davidson at St Johnstone too?

53 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That's right, we were absolutely rolling in cash when he did a great job here.

Jim McIntyre would be a terrific appointment for Livi. Whether he'd take it is another question of course.

When was Jim McIntyre at QotS?

4 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

When was Jim McIntyre at QotS?

From June 2013 to September 2014. He got the job when Allan Johnston departed for Kilmarnock and was headhunted by Ross County with us battling it out with Rangers and Hearts at the top of the Championship at the time.  To be fair he inherited a right good squad but he also refined it well and did a cracking job with us imo, though there are certainly Queens fans who think he tinkered too much with Johnston's team and we got where we did partly in spite of him. I think they are wrong but there is certainly a substantial group of people who thought that way.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Not unduly concerned by this. Seems strange to leave on such a high and not try and continue his good work. Would be disappointed if he went to somewhere like Shrewsbury as although its England its not a huge step forward for him.

https://www.mcbookie.com/en-gb/sports/3/meetings/126456098/events/951069100

James McPake is an interesting suggestion. Mark Burchill, less so.

I think John Hartson would be a good option. Already on good terms with the players and would be unlikely to change the system too much. Continuity would be great for us.