Livingston - all the threads merged

41 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

ANOTHER midfielder emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Actually I'm in favour of taking any good prospect on trial irrespective of playing position so long as it doesn't take focus off positions we're obviously short in.

It takes a lot of effort to spot a Pittman or similar; there's a lot of players out there looking for clubs so it makes sense to see if we've missed someone. In most cases it costs very little and a few days training will show whether they at least have the hunger to try and make it work. 

It has been frequently stated that a number of clubs, with significantly larger budgets than ours, have been watching some of our players. Our scouting process needs to be fully active to be able to fill any gaps quickly.

Actually I'm in favour of taking any good prospect on trial irrespective of playing position so long as it doesn't take focus off positions we're obviously short in.
It takes a lot of effort to spot a Pittman or similar; there's a lot of players out there looking for clubs so it makes sense to see if we've missed someone. In most cases it costs very little and a few days training will show whether they at least have the hunger to try and make it work. 
It has been frequently stated that a number of clubs, with significantly larger budgets than ours, have been watching some of our players. Our scouting process needs to be fully active to be able to fill any gaps quickly.
I know what your saying, but if we do pick up another Pittman or Byrne they won't be happy to sit on the bench or playing meaningless reserve football for the rest of the season providing both of these players are here till the seasons end.

20 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:
22 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I know what your saying, but if we do pick up another Pittman or Byrne they won't be happy to sit on the bench or playing meaningless reserve football for the rest of the season providing both of these players are here till the seasons end.

True - so we should only sign those that have a real chance of competing for first team place or developing into an excellent prospect. 

1 hour ago, orco said:

If I remember correctly Pittman and Byrne weren't first picks right away. They worked for their chance and got it. That route is open to anyone we sign.

I remember Miller #1 was ahead of Byrne

As far as i recall Pittman was behind O'Brien and the Jacobs brothers.

I think we’re all in favour of us looking at new faces on an ongoing basis. Over the years, I think we’ve done a good job of improving the squad and moving on players that don’t look like they are going to establish themselves. 

Also, excited that we have a bit more offensive guile now.

Question - will we achieve more or less total points in the final 19 fixtures of this season (vs. the first)? 

35 minutes ago, crispy said:

I think we’re all in favour of us looking at new faces on an ongoing basis. Over the years, I think we’ve done a good job of improving the squad and moving on players that don’t look like they are going to establish themselves. 

Also, excited that we have a bit more offensive guile now.

Question - will we achieve more or less total points in the final 19 fixtures of this season (vs. the first)? 

Difficult to know, if Hardie stays and with Raffa and Miller back from injury, along with us moving players on and bringing in some new signing to strengthen us, we look like being a lot stronger. However we're now seen as a decent side that can't be taken lightly and opposition managers know what to expect against us, so games will prob be a lot tougher for us to get points in.

Looking forward to it anyway, i'd love to get past Hearts and have a good cup run along with a chance of a top six spot. It has been an unbelievable couple of seasons for us, and this season has the potential of keeping that crazy mad trip we're on going a little bit longer.:bounce2

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

The Falkirk Herald,

”East Stirlingshire lost to Livingston under-20s on Tuesday night. And in the Lions side was Camelon defender Ryan Lockie. The Premiership side ran the rule over the trialist full-back in the bounce game at Almondvale. Derek Ure’s Shire side lost 2-0.

Read more at: https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/premiership-livingston-assess-camelon-defender-1-4857580

Buzzing for Sunday, feels like forever since we’ve had a game! Just wondering how we’ll line up though and if any of the new boys or players coming back from injury will get a start. Nice to see De Vita making a return with a goal in the reserves and Lamie got game time in Portugal we’ve been desperately missing him.

Aberdeen have offered Craig Halkett a contract, according to the same journalist who claims they've offered Joe Shaughnessy a deal.

The Shaughnessy rumour has been confirmed as true, so sounds like the Halkett one is too.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aberdeen have offered Craig Halkett a contract, according to the same journalist who claims they've offered Joe Shaughnessy a deal.

The Shaughnessy rumour has been confirmed as true, so sounds like the Halkett one is too

Don't think this will be a surprise to anyone really. Only surprise will be if Aberdeen are the only side to offer him a contract. 

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The Shaughnessy rumour has been confirmed as true, so sounds like the Halkett one is too.

Blackburn have offered a deal to take him now apparently, 28 clubs interested so they won't be the only ones. Cardiff interested as well, we've got their u23 captain on trial as part of the deal

Edited by ATLIS

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Blackburn have offered a deal to take him now apparently, 28 clubs interested so they won't be the only ones. Cardiff interested as well, we've got their u23 captain on trial as part of the deal

If he’s going anywhere I’d prefer it to be outwith Scotland. Small change from an English top flight club is bound to be at least 7-figs, right? RIGHT?! :unsure2: Does the contract running out really matter that much, for the fee, when there are so many teams in for him?

Edited by crispy

20 minutes ago, crispy said:

If he’s going anywhere I’d prefer it to be outwith Scotland. Small change from an English top flight club is bound to be at least 7-figs, right? RIGHT?! :unsure2: Does the contract running out really matter that much, for the fee, when there are so many teams in for him?

It matter because if he accepts a pre-contract no other team can sign him

20 minutes ago, crispy said:

With all the teams in for him we could see them perhaps bidding to get him in this window which could drive his price up...however, if they are all content to wait until the summer it's just going to be whichever club offers him the best deal. If the Cardiff deal sees the boy that's been on trial join us then I wouldn't be against it.

8 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

With all the teams in for him we could see them perhaps bidding to get him in this window which could drive his price up...however, if they are all content to wait until the summer it's just going to be whichever club offers him the best deal. If the Cardiff deal sees the boy that's been on trial join us then I wouldn't be against it.

Why would teams bother negotiating with Livingston first?

They'll all be trying to secure the player first.

Edited by RandomGuy.