Livingston - all the threads merged

3 minutes ago, Durnford said:

He's down as a midfielder and, with the recent return of Burns and Kaja to their parent clubs and the injury to Robinson, I think he's pretty apt as cover. Knox might have been able to step up but, for whatever reason, they believe he's still not ready.

Wylde seems to score one goal in about every ten appearances which is pretty much on par with Lawless

Because he's shite and has an attitude problem...?

17 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

I still think that Lamie's only first choice LWB while Halkett's still here.

But yeah, where would he even play? We don't need a traditional left winger, and I'd be surprised if Holt was planning a formation change over the winter break

Nothing wrong with them working on a back up plan.

Will definitely be interesting with De Vita back to see the pecking order on the left. Definitely gives us a good amount of options anyway. 

46 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

I still think that Lamie's only first choice LWB while Halkett's still here.

But yeah, where would he even play? We don't need a traditional left winger, and I'd be surprised if Holt was planning a formation change over the winter break

I like the idea of us having a wide left midfielder. Holt used the back 4 against Rangers for example and (with a 4-4-2) maybe having two bodies on the left might stop the annihilation  we suffered in the second half at Pittodire. Lawless seems pretty versatile across the midfield so think we are in a good position to adjust shape. I'm excited by the signing of Wylde.

Would be a tad nervous seeing Toddy as a CB in the Premiership,  he got exposed terribly against the Pars in our 3-1 defeat, was fine in most games being used as cover in defence right enough but at this level you'd expect more teams would test him in defence. 

Killie and Aberdeen have been the teams to rip us down our wings, Lamie wasn't playing against the Dons though so hopefully we'll be a bit better when he's back again. Also looked very thin on options from the bench against Aberdeen so Wylde should give us a bit of quality coming on as a sub, or starting when tactics dictate a change of formation.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

4 hours ago, Mpire said:

Not sure Cadden can cut it tbh. Has moments of class but they seem to be few and far between. Would have rather kept Josh Mullin but not sure he got an offer or wanted more money so left...

Looked like Mullen jumped ship with the uncertainty of what was happening after Hoppy left. Was never a great defender but fantastic going forward, I think he's being played as a winger at County too so prob was a better move for him, may well be on better money there too. 

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Looked like Mullen jumped ship with the uncertainty of what was happening after Hoppy left. Was never a great defender but fantastic going forward, I think he's being played as a winger at County too so prob was a better move for him, may well be on better money there too. 

Mullin quadrupled his wages at County compared to what he was on at us

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Mullin quadrupled his wages at County compared to what he was on at us

Do they still think they're in the top flight?:lol: Crazy money to be paying in the Championship, think we doubled our players wages when we got promoted, quadruple that would prob take it to teams like Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen level.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Do they still think they're in the top flight?:lol: Crazy money to be paying in the Championship, think we doubled our players wages when we got promoted, quadruple that would prob take it to teams like Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen level.

Took him to about 1.2k p/w afaik. His signed a two year deal at 300 p/w with us in League 1 if I remember rightly

38 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Would be a tad nervous seeing Toddy as a CB in the Premiership,  he got exposed terribly against the Pars in our 3-1 defeat, was fine in most games being used as cover in defence right enough but at this level you'd expect more teams would test him in defence. 

Yes; he struggled in defence in the championship against the faster teams but did offer that degree of cover if you were bolstering up the defense whilst still keeping your attacking options open. Up front he lacked speed but was good at holding the ball up - and he's cheep and loves the Livi.

Actually I was only sort of joking about bringing him in but he could offer us options; that being said Van Schaik has been looking more and more settled and could be a very useful asset going forward. With Lamie back we should be covered but with McMillan as well.

Didn’t Mullin already have his move sorted before Hoppy left? To me it looked like he’d agreed a move in January, he went right off the boil compared to the first half of the season. He stepped it up again in the play offs though and I’d liked to have seen him have a crack at the premiership with us!

There had been rumours of him leave for about 6 months before he actually did. We very rarely saw the spark of his attacking bursts down the right wing akin to the one that set Pittman up for "that" goal.

I thought he'd already had a bit of a falling out with Hopkins or Martindale over not being picked/starting more often.

Don't think Hopkins leaving had any baring on his choice to leave actually. An excellent; exciting player when he wants to be - I do feel he could have cut it at this level but then again a footballer's career is a short one and they need to maximise their income (so long as that doesn't include sitting on the bench for a BB match).

Slightly off topic but Kilmarnock squad taking an absolute battering this window! Greg Stewart now left back to Birmingham, Brophy looks like he might be going and the lad whose away to Rangers already and putting out WATP tweets whilst he's still at Kili for 6 months (i'd be furious if one of our players did that - no class). Lets hope our lads stick together! Mon the Livi!!

7 hours ago, Shaun De Bruyne said:

Didn’t Mullin already have his move sorted before Hoppy left? To me it looked like he’d agreed a move in January, he went right off the boil compared to the first half of the season. He stepped it up again in the play offs though and I’d liked to have seen him have a crack at the premiership with us!

Dunno for sure but I doubt RC would have approached him when they were still in the Premiership, and I think more likely they looked at players after going down. He was unsettled for a while in about the Jan transfer and rumours were going about but he still stayed, so I don't think there were any offers made on him. I don't think there was anything def arranged before the play offs. The way he played and celebrated us winning them looked like he was focussed on staying, same with Longridge.