Livingston - all the threads merged

3 minutes ago, Eassy said:

With Burns and Hardie away we definitely need a few capable players in to bolster the squad.

From what I hear aswell, a lot of interest in Halkett and he could move this month or agree a pre contract for the summer, Gers interested in him also.

Sad if he goes there, especially with them being tied to the centre-halves they already have. Little to no chance of a game.

14 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Sad if he goes there, especially with them being tied to the centre-halves they already have. Little to no chance of a game.

Halkett is probably the one who I’d back to get in any Scottish side just now,  couldn’t hold it against him but I’d hope we at least get some sort of fee for him, should maybe think twice about rangers though seeing as how they binned him first time round.

6 hours ago, Livilion28 said:

Morelos is Rangers main man! Probably their best player

McGregor could also make that claim...

6 hours ago, Eassy said:

Cannot see Hardie being used at rangers given they’ve just signed Defoe,  fingers crossed he ends up back at us when they do loan him back out.

He'll be back at Livvie for the rest of the season, just Gerrard wanting to check him over before deciding on a new contract is the news coming from Sevland.

5 minutes ago, Eassy said:

Halkett is probably the one who I’d back to get in any Scottish side just now,  couldn’t hold it against him but I’d hope we at least get some sort of fee for him, should maybe think twice about rangers though seeing as how they binned him first time round.

You'd like to think that but they'll need to play Worral due to loan terms and the others cost millions.

Not doubting his ability but I don't think he starts for a fully fit Aberdeen either.

29 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

You'd like to think that but they'll need to play Worral due to loan terms and the others cost millions.

Not doubting his ability but I don't think he starts for a fully fit Aberdeen either.

I agree tbh. I think he would after 6 months and/or a preseason, but with the McKenna hype and the partnership he's made with Devlin, Halkett's not getting in there without an injury.

I could still see him going to Rangers on a PCA and sticking around until the summer. Also Hibs will be looking for an Ambrose replacement right about now, don't think they could do much better tbh.

5 minutes ago, Mpire said:

Halkett a wee bit small to make a big impact at CB. Always thought he'd be better as CDM... just a thought.

Rarely gets beat in the air to be fair to him, don’t doubt him defensively at all, not sure about his ball playing ability though.

10 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

I agree tbh. I think he would after 6 months and/or a preseason, but with the McKenna hype and the partnership he's made with Devlin, Halkett's not getting in there without an injury.

I could still see him going to Rangers on a PCA and sticking around until the summer. Also Hibs will be looking for an Ambrose replacement right about now, don't think they could do much better tbh.

From what I've seen so far, I'd happily see him replace McKenna if he's off.

Is he left footed though? Derek loves a bit of balance at the back.

46 minutes ago, Mpire said:

Halkett a wee bit small to make a big impact at CB.

Depends how big an impact you're talking (e.g. top European leagues) but otherwise I completely disagree with this. Dominance in the air has never been an issue in any of the games I have watched him play.

He is also exceptionally good with the ball at his feet. There were so many times last season where he would intercept in defence then start an attack through the midfield before releasing to a winger or striker. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Halkett is one of the best CB's we've ever had at Livi, such a good temperament too, nothing gets to him and he just gets up from being fouled and gets on with it. You can see why he got the captaincy at such a young age. If it wasn't for Halks you'd see Dec getting a hell of a lot more yellow cards, steps in and calms things down and talks the ref around from getting their cards out.

1 hour ago, Mpire said:

Time will tell - was a promising youngster once. Dunno what he's like now...

Wylde sounds like a Livi kind of player: promising youngster maybe lost his way a bit. Hopefully he is hungry. I see him being the player we thought Kaja might've been.

A couple of nice goals on YouTube - I particularly like the goal against Motherwell.

Edited by crispy

18 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

He is also exceptionally good with the ball at his feet. There were so many times last season where he would intercept in defence then start an attack through the midfield before releasing to a winger or striker. 

Yes, I am impressed at the composure he shows. So often I think 'he'll smash that clear' and instead he'll maybe nod it down or take a touch and play a nice ball down the line.

Also, is it possible to edit a post and include a new quote? I keep posting doublers....

Edited by crispy

14 minutes ago, crispy said:

Yes, I am impressed at the composure he shows. So often I think 'he'll smash that clear' and instead he'll maybe nod it down or take a touch and play a nice ball down the line.

Also, is it possible to edit a post and include a new quote? I keep posting doublers....

Click the + sign next to the quote to include multiple quotes at once.