Livingston - all the threads merged

19 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Would rather Oduwa over Wylde tbh. 

Everything seems quiet on the rumour front, a few out and none in 

Oduwa was saft as shite who absolutely vanished if he was clattered. He, literally, ran away from people instead of trying to dribble past them against us once.

Hardie to Dundee could be a real possibility btw...

Been thinking, Rangers will want Kamara now rather than the summer, in order to get him without paying a fee they may offer them Hardie on loan for the rest of the season to get the deal done. 

Hope it’s shite though but can’t help but worry. 

Been thinking, Rangers will want Kamara now rather than the summer, in order to get him without paying a fee they may offer them Hardie on loan for the rest of the season to get the deal done. 
I don't think Dundee have much leverage in that situation given that Kamara hasn't really been putting in the effort with them anyway (says a lot about his professionalism). Rangers will surely value the consistency we can offer Hardie. No guarantee that he will fit in as well at Dundee as he has done here. Anyway, no point worrying about it without any indication that it's happening.

5 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

I know footballers can be a bit fickle  and obviously don't have the loyalty to a club that fans do but I genuinely think Hardie has enjoyed being at Livi. He has been more successful than he was on loan at other clubs  and he knows the fans have really taken to him. I am hoping that his thoughts will be taken into consideration re the rest of the season and that he's not just told where to go and that's that. 

Maybe clutching at straws a bit here though.  :unsure:

Edited by orco

10 hours ago, orco said:

I know footballers can be a bit fickle  and obviously don't have the loyalty to a club that fans do but I genuinely think Hardie has enjoyed being at Livi. He has been more successful than he was on loan at other clubs  and he knows the fans have really taken to him. I am hoping that his thoughts will be taken into consideration re the rest of the season and that he's not just told where to go and that's that. 

Maybe clutching at straws a bit here though.  :unsure:

I know what you're saying but am also aware that Hardie often referred to us in the third person i.e. "I was glad to come and help them to reach the play-offs" and I felt he always considered himself a the rangers player rather than a Livi one.

Shame really as he seemed to work really well with whoever he was partnered with whether it was Miller; Robinson; De Vita; Menga or Cadden - don't think he's played more than five or ten minutes in the same side as Hamilton but even so I'm sure they would have gelled.

If he does move on then least-way its nice to know that he isn't the type of player to repeatedly fall over in the box

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/17341002.steven-gerrard-admits-further-rangers-arrivals-could-depend-on-ibrox-exits-this-month/

Tl;dr: Hardie's probably being shipped back out on loan for the second half of the season. You'd have to assume that we'll be the most likely destination for him.

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/17341002.steven-gerrard-admits-further-rangers-arrivals-could-depend-on-ibrox-exits-this-month/

Tl;dr: Hardie's probably being shipped back out on loan for the second half of the season. You'd have to assume that we'll be the most likely destination for him.

Can but hope.

Regarding a couple of other posts on this page,  that I'm too lazy quote - but Kamara. I'm happy to be proven wrong or eductaed notherwise by Dundee fans, but what on EARTH are Rangers thinking? What do they see in him?  

I hope Livi fans like players who run very fast in a straight line (sometimes he even manages to keep it in play!) and absolutely shites it out of any sort of physicality. 

You'll get a good first six months out of him but next season when it's full on second season syndrome, you'll get his true ability.

Edited by djchapsticks

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

I hope Livi fans like players who run very fast in a straight line (sometimes he even manages to keep it in play!) and absolutely shites it out of any sort of physicality. 

Do we like Dolly Menga? Except he has the physicality down :D 

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You'll get a good first six months out of him but next season when it's full on second season syndrome, you'll get his true ability.

Ryan Hardie was supposed to be shite as well according to you lot.

Some Pars fans said Byrne went into hiding when games got tough, nothing could be further from the truth when he's played at Livi. Chases down every ball and never hides. Have to trust that Holt and Martindale know the right type of player who'll fit in at Livi, done a good job so far anyway.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Ryan Hardie was supposed to be shite as well according to you lot.

The Midden bloke is half right in that Wylde does have a tendency of playing football like a dug chasing a ball in a park.  BUT he is also capable of real quality.  I'd say he'd be a good signing for you.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Can’t believe you’re worrying about our second season syndrome, least we’ll be here another season...

As long as Wylde comes in and puts the same effort in as the other lads he’ll be fine, if Cadden can just about cut it, am sure he can.

15 hours ago, Eassy said:

Can’t believe you’re worrying about our second season syndrome, least we’ll be here another season...

As long as Wylde comes in and puts the same effort in as the other lads he’ll be fine, if Cadden can just about cut it, am sure he can.

Not sure Cadden can cut it tbh. Has moments of class but they seem to be few and far between. Would have rather kept Josh Mullin but not sure he got an offer or wanted more money so left...

My main concern with Wylde is, where does he fit in? I’m guessing Lamie isn’t far away from full fitness and he should absolutely be first choice at LWB in a 3-5-2. Unless Halkett is leaving and we move to a 4-5-1/4-4-2, then somebody has to drop out.

42 minutes ago, Afro said:

My main concern with Wylde is, where does he fit in? I’m guessing Lamie isn’t far away from full fitness and he should absolutely be first choice at LWB in a 3-5-2. Unless Halkett is leaving and we move to a 4-5-1/4-4-2, then somebody has to drop out.

He's down as a midfielder and, with the recent return of Burns and Kaja to their parent clubs and the injury to Robinson, I think he's pretty apt as cover. Knox might have been able to step up but, for whatever reason, they believe he's still not ready.

Wylde seems to score one goal in about every ten appearances which is pretty much on par with Lawless