Livingston - all the threads merged

14 minutes ago, J.domingo said:

I’m delighted to announce the player is currently enjoying success in the French professional leagues and would be open to another move to England. 

1) 3rd tier of French football

2) He's never played in England

Just having a wee browse of your thread, and loving the guy who's appeared with the inside track and bigging up of possible foreign signings. Obviously has some form of insider knowledge  but heavy imposter vibes !!

Will never be a patch though on the one by the name of Hammerfist who appeared on the Motherwell thread about 10 years ago to laud the imminent arrival of Esteban 'The Goal Machine' Casagolda who was going to take the league by storm. (I think he turned out to be his actual agent).

Casagolda signed in due course, and was obviously a chancer of almost Ali Dia proportions, whilst the agent was exposed as a Scottish convicted paedophile fantasist, who later turned to Islam before being found dead in his flat.

Disclaimer :

Obviously in no way insinuating anything sinister or unsavoury about your guy, but always adds a bit of interest and intrigue when new posters pop up from nowhere with a hot take on some obscure foreign talent and their market potential !!

1 hour ago, J.domingo said:

I know where he has and hasn’t played - I speak with his agent on a daily basis and I got him the move to Livingston in the first place. 

The man dreams of playing in England - Scotland is a great shop window for this market which is why Livingston is such a commercially promising club to young African stars. A season in Livingston would be great for Ibrahima - he’s a great guy! 

By all accounts Savane was a failure though. Came, looked shite against Forfar (a side two leagues below us) as a second half sub in the cup and then left due to being homesick. In comparison we got Nicky Devlin in who was miles superior. I'm not entirely sure Livi care too much about commercially promising players if they won't settle or aren't good enough as has been the case for Savane, Souda and Cece Pepe. Menga and Lawson were the only semi successful that joined us but even then neither of them were first team starter quality. Lawson was wildly inconsistent and Menga's personality stopped him from being a success as he was just very lazy in the end.

Edited by ATLIS

4 minutes ago, J.domingo said:

Souda was commercially satisfied but didn’t bond well with coaching and playing staff. By all accounts he was livingstons most gifted player, but they didn’t play him to his strengths. He’s flourishing well in France and has off-field commercial investments which means his soccer playing isn’t too important.

Savane was not so commercially satisfied and struggled to adjust to Scottish weather and the day to day culture which his renumeration package could afford. With a more lucrative contract, he could settle easier and would be a great asset to the Scottish soccer leagues.

That much is clear as he threw two tantrums after getting subbed off, kicking a wall against Hamilton in one instance. I really don't think he was our most gifted player at the club at that time either, any player with an attitude that bad will fail at this club as there's zero place for egos. 

Again though, if players are coming to Livingston for a 'lucrative contract' then they're being very poorly advised. We're well known for paying lesser wages in order to give players their chance at a higher level than they've ever played at. In the limited minutes he had with us, he showed nothing close to the level required. 

I would imagine a lot of these players are being poorly advised in signing for a side who, at the time, played a high intensity pressing game focused on not having the ball for large periods of time. Souda in particular never decided to knuckle down and work hard enough

18 minutes ago, J.domingo said:

Souda was commercially satisfied but didn’t bond well with coaching and playing staff. By all accounts he was livingstons most gifted player, but they didn’t play him to his strengths. He’s flourishing well in France and has off-field commercial investments which means his soccer playing isn’t too important.

Savane was not so commercially satisfied and struggled to adjust to Scottish weather and the day to day culture which his renumeration package could afford. With a more lucrative contract, he could settle easier and would be a great asset to the Scottish soccer leagues.

No he wasn't, step over king that took the huff when he got subbed in a game we were cruising, that was the beginning of the end of his Livi Career. Sibbald is a more gifted player, so was Lawless, Dykes too for that matter.

3 minutes ago, J.domingo said:

The onus is on the players agent, and even more so the club manager to motivate these players to success. They all use Livingston as a stepping stone to a big club. I get them to where they need to be, not to where they ultimately want to be, but it’s on the right path. 

Mwila is huge missed opportunity. Both commercially and on the soccer front. He’s a bigger and better player than what you’ve had in recent seasons and the club let it fall away for a sum which wasn’t even worth 4 figures over a monthly period. I would be advising the club to operate more efficiently and commercially! 

He really is nowhere near Lyndon Dykes, and this is the point I'm absolutely certain you're talking shite :D Enjoy your day

8 minutes ago, J.domingo said:

He was absolutely the clubs most gifted player. This isn’t my opinion as I’m not an expert on soccer otherwise I’d have held the position Gary Holt did. This was Gary’s opinion. 

Absolutely wasn't, the 3 i mentioned were much more gifted than him. Dykes went for a couple of million pounds, Lawless was lauded by all our players as the best baller in the team, and Sibbs is just all round a better player than Souda ever was.

7 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He really is nowhere near Lyndon Dykes, and this is the point I'm absolutely certain you're talking shite :D Enjoy your day

Aye he's talking pish.

20 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

This is boring as f**k.

When are we signing a defender?

I don't think we are. There was a piece that Callum Carson did where Davie said he's happy with how Fitzwater and Ayo have settled at CB and I must agree with him. We then have Parkes, Kelly and McMillan as backup. He said Ayo was brought in to be a midfielder but would find his chances there limited, he's looked really impressive at CB though

Just now, Cptn Hooch said:

I don't think we are. There was a piece that Callum Carson did where Davie said he's happy with how Fitzwater and Ayo have settled at CB and I must agree with him. We then have Parkes, Kelly and McMillan as backup. He said Ayo was brought in to be a midfielder but would find his chances there limited, he's looked really impressive at CB though

I'm clinging on to the hope that he's said that to help their confidence.

5 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I'm clinging on to the hope that he's said that to help their confidence.

I've got to say, I've been fairly impressed by Ayo and Fitz as a pairing. Fitzwater is clearly a very smart defender but can be found out when the ball is played in behind....Ayo is an absolute athlete with strength, aerial ability, pace and is a great partner for him. I heard that the team did a run round Livi on the first day of preseason (5k or so) and Ayo was back a solid 5 minutes before anyone else and as impressive as he's been at CB just think how good he'll be in his natural midfield role when he gets his chance. I think Fitzwater relied a bit on Jon Guthrie to be the focal point last season and we might see the making of him this year but lets not forget that he's still young and can improve. 

10 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

as impressive as he's been at CB just think how good he'll be in his natural midfield role when he gets his chance.

This is why I'm wanting another defender in, I'd like to see Ayo as a sitting midfielder in time, and wouldn't mind a Fitzwater-Parkes partnership if it can develop. My problem is I don't think Kelly is good enough to be a reliable back up.

Just now, LiviLion said:

This is why I'm wanting another defender in, I'd like to see Ayo as a sitting midfielder in time, and wouldn't mind a Fitzwater-Parkes partnership if it can develop. My problem is I don't think Kelly is good enough to be a reliable back up.

I don't think we have the money to bring in a top quality defender as a backup though. Kelly will be fine i'd imagine and that's all he has to be just like ATS was

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I don't think we have the money to bring in a top quality defender as a backup though. Kelly will be fine i'd imagine and that's all he has to be just like ATS was

Hasn't stopped us before, we'll just stick Kelly out on loan somewhere and bring in a CB. 

Wonder if Marv will be playing tomorrow, read he was suspended for two games, and is available now.

6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Hasn't stopped us before, we'll just stick Kelly out on loan somewhere and bring in a CB. 

Wonder if Marv will be playing tomorrow, read he was suspended for two games, and is available now.

Just read he shouldn't have even been in the dugout in an assistant managerial role, so they've given him another 2 match ban for breaching their rules.

It just applies to League games though, so he'll still be ok for this cup game against St Mirren.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER