Livingston - all the threads merged

If you haven't seen it, go watch his goal against Hearts for us when we beat them 5-0. It's utterly hilarious, he genuinely will make fans panic when he's on the ball

His goal is around the 3.30 mark...I still laugh that he has two team mates open in front of him who have a tap in and he does a 180 and goes the other way [emoji23]

Menga's role in our 18/19 season goes a bit underappreciated, for me. He arrived fully fit having just left Charlton and he gave the team an enormous lift with his energy from the off. He was hugely important in that early season run of wins and draws which created an initial platform for what the team has done in the subsequent seasons. That coming back into the Premiership with a bang was so important psychologically for the club and Menga played a role in it. 

We all remember the fat waste of space he was when returning from his Angola stint but his 18/19 contribution was as vital as it was enjoyable.

9 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:
10 hours ago, Lothiangamer said:
With the first home League game tomorrow anyone hear anything about season ticket sales for this season, All I seen was that the club were likely to overtake last seasons which in and of itself isn't telling much as we never seem to know how many emoji4.png

Davie mentioned roughly 750 on the Talk Livi Podcast

Listened to the interview tonight, enjoyed it I always like the way Davie talks, he almost sounds like he's just chatting to his mates about football at times. 

Absolutely gutted about the season ticket numbers if accurate, and no reason to think it couldn't be. Hearing him say we were at 1200 a few seasons ago why on earth have we lost almost 400 season ticket holders the last few years when we are doing so much better. I wonder if we lost that amount last season and some have not renewed yet, waiting to see how things go this season. Hopefully get at least another 600 -700 through the gates. 

21 minutes ago, Lothiangamer said:

Listened to the interview tonight, enjoyed it I always like the way Davie talks, he almost sounds like he's just chatting to his mates about football at times. 

Seconded, was a really interesting listen. Thanks for providing that for us Talk Livi, if any of you are reading.

4 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Menga's role in our 18/19 season goes a bit underappreciated, for me. He arrived fully fit having just left Charlton and he gave the team an enormous lift with his energy from the off. He was hugely important in that early season run of wins and draws which created an initial platform for what the team has done in the subsequent seasons. That coming back into the Premiership with a bang was so important psychologically for the club and Menga played a role in it. 

We all remember the fat waste of space he was when returning from his Angola stint but his 18/19 contribution was as vital as it was enjoyable.

Aye he gave us an out ball, bullied defenders with his power and big arse, and was relentless driving forward, i loved him that first season with us. Used to find it hilarious watching defenders faces when they caught up with him, thinking he'd turn back and pass it to someone, only for him to just burst forward again, and again if they managed to catch up with him a 2nd time. You could almost see them thinking, oh for fucksake he's going again.😂

Would be a brilliant signing for Accies in the Championship, total maniac with the ball at his feet, and must put fear into defenders seeing him on a run.

13 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

His goal is around the 3.30 mark...I still laugh that he has two team mates open in front of him who have a tap in and he does a 180 and goes the other way emoji23.png

That fucking team man ❤️

Whole team with the exception of Longridge did really well today. Longridge absolutely stinking but I'll put that down to Martindale having such a threadbare squad to choose from and having to bring him back too fast. Not convinced by Kelly either, should have had a lot more composure rather than booting the ball away when he was under no pressure. 

Gutted for Stryjek who looked completely assured until 94th minute. Even Sarkic had a shocker against Motherwell so hoping that's his one for the season out the way. 

Didn't deserve to lose and the performance was extremely encouraging. With a bit more quality in the crucial moments, we would have scored 3 and won the game comfortably.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Whole team with the exception of Longridge did really well today. Longridge absolutely stinking but I'll put that down to Martindale having such a threadbare squad to choose from and having to bring him back too fast. Not convinced by Kelly either, should have had a lot more composure rather than booting the ball away when he was under no pressure. 
Gutted for Stryjek who looked completely assured until 94th minute. Even Sarkic had a shocker against Motherwell so hoping that's his one for the season out the way. 
Didn't deserve to lose and the performance was extremely encouraging. With a bit more quality in the crucial moments, we would have scored 3 and won the game comfortably.
You can't single out Longridge and not mention how Pittman's piss poor finishing cost us AGAIN today. Longridge made one bad mistake but was decent enough today. The whole team looked much better, Hamilton was encouraging when he came on too. Thought Fitzwater was superb but Bruce Anderson was my MOTM

I really don’t see where the goals are going to come from. We can’t build up the play well enough, we can’t get Anderson into the right places and Hamilton doesn’t have the pace to run in behind. We really need to switch up these tactics again and find something that works, fast. 

I’m not all that convinced based on the game today that we are all that good. Thought we were lucky to be 1-0 up at HT and once Aberdeen got their stuff together we were on the ropes 

37 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Now see we're apparently in for a winger from Birmingham - Odin Bailey on loan. 

There better be another defender on the radar. 

Looks very injury prone.

Hope to f**k we just get Popescu done and ready for the next game 

6 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
28 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

You can't single out Longridge and not mention how Pittman's piss poor finishing cost us AGAIN today. Longridge made one bad mistake but was decent enough today. The whole team looked much better, Hamilton was encouraging when he came on too. Thought Fitzwater was superb but Bruce Anderson was my MOTM

Yeah, Pittman should have put away at least one of his chances. Really poor finishing but his energy in the midfield was good.

Disagree totally on Longridge, he almost lost the ball in his defensive corner twice in the first half then probably should have been sent off for two extremely cynical pullbacks in the second half. Looked well of the pace. 

Fitzwater was immense. My man of the match.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

6 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Thought we were lucky to be 1-0 up at HT

On what basis? We were the better team and Pittman should have scored one, if not two goals. Aberdeen had almost nothing in the first half.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

8 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

On what basis? We were the better team and Pittman should have scored one, if not two goals. Aberdeen had almost nothing in the first half.

Really didn’t see our build up play as being that good. A lot of broken runs of play and then a punt up to Anderson. Thought the goal, which was a bit fortunate, masked the performance a bit. 

Pittman, and I hate to say it, is needing dropped badly 

We were easily the better team in the first half; was slow to start for the second half (schoolboy error) but other than that it was pretty even in the second half. 

How we managed to pick up seven yellow cards to go with the five we picked up lst week and yet neither of our opposition have picked up a single card?

A sore as the manner of the loss is; I'm more concerned on how this will impact Max. hopefully he'll be able to pick himself up again.

Poor display from both teams
Livi plenty of energy but no quality, continual fouling, giving the ball away, again ball control and passing was shocking.
This team has no decent midfielders,lack of players willing to run from midfield
Longridge,Fizzywater,Pittman,Holt,Penrice,Reilly,Hamilton,Kelly,Sibbald,all look to be struggling at this level.

I said 1 or 0 points in their first 6 games,and I'm not often wrong,it's heading that way.....

Stryjek    3/10
Devlin     4/10
Obileye    4/10
Fizzywater 3/10
Longridge 2/10
Pittman   3/10
Holt      2/10
Penrice   3/10
Sibbald   2/10
Anderson  5/10
Forrest   5/10

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Really didn’t see our build up play as being that good. A lot of broken runs of play and then a punt up to Anderson. Thought the goal, which was a bit fortunate, masked the performance a bit. 

Pittman, and I hate to say it, is needing dropped badly 

As a matter of interest were you in the south stand? Just wondered because for the first half we were repeatedly giving Gallagher a torrid time on the left wing. Time and again we were creating chances for ourselves.

Was disappointed by Hamilton's real lack of pace; playing in a partnership with Anderson and utilising his pace will likely be the way to go.