Livingston - all the threads merged

14 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Is the Scottish record paid still not Tore Andre Flo? Was that about 12m?

Yep to both and, staggeringly, they pretty much made their money back when they sold him on (Sunderland I think?).

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It's against St Mirren, you'd be allowed a retake. 

Sure we had a retake against Hibs last season and missed that too. Think it was Nicky Devlin. But aye, we have to score a penalty sometime surely, may as well be against St Mirren. Just for the comedy seethe.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Sure we had a retake against Hibs last season and missed that too. Think it was Nicky Devlin. But aye, we have to score a penalty sometime surely, may as well be against St Mirren. Just for the comedy seethe.

The Boxing Day game we had 2 penalties quickly; first one (Isma's desperate attempt for a goal) was saved and the rebound ended up with a handball and another penalty (which Fitzwater saw saved). Not sure if there was a retake in there though, wouldn't surprise me.

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/danny-lloyd-the-latest-lion/

Happy to have another body in the door especially with Montano now out injured for a good bit however can't help but wonder if there's someone on the way out as if you go by Martindale's comments we are operating a 1 in 1 out policy due to the budget.

23 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

How could Martindale possibly know which club is run the best in Scottish football? 

He doesnt, it was just his opinion. He's previously stated the same about celtic

6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

It was against Motherwell. Nicky had his penalty saved but scored the rebound, then a retake was ordered as he'd used his hand but there was also encroachment from Motherwell. Nicky hit an identical poor penalty and it was saved again

24 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

He doesnt, it was just his opinion. He's previously stated the same about celtic

It was against Motherwell. Nicky had his penalty saved but scored the rebound, then a retake was ordered as he'd used his hand but there was also encroachment from Motherwell. Nicky hit an identical poor penalty and it was saved again

Lol, so he basically just blows smoke up the arse of whoever Livi are playing next 

2 hours ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Happy to have another body in the door especially with Montano now out injured for a good bit however can't help but wonder if there's someone on the way out as if you go by Martindale's comments we are operating a 1 in 1 out policy due to the budget.

Rangers quarter final tie helping to finance this, hence the short term deal. I do still hope that a couple go, to free up a bit of cash, but with only 48hrs to go looks very unlikely.

2 hours ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

To be fair he's pretty clear that this only happened due to getting Rangers away in the cup. With it being a 6 month deal I don't think it's impossible to say it's paid for it entirely. It wont be based on someone going out. 

Although nice to see we have an extension option on the deal too

41 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Daniel Mackay scored a penalty today in the reserve game (4 goals total along with a double from Bradley and a goal from Lawal).

If he does it in a Premiership game he should get the next PoTM award, don't care what anyone else does next month i'd still give it to someone that can score from the pen spot.

43 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Why is Martindale trying so hard to get rid of Nouble?

Money. He's trying to avoid him signing a PCA in January and mentally checking out for 6 months while we get nothing for him. 

I love him enough that I'll allow it.