Livingston - all the threads merged

On 03/12/2023 at 12:41, LIVIFOREVER said:

Earliest we can reschedule the County game would be Tues 12th Dec, everyone bar us and Dundee are playing midweek games this Tues/Wed. Hopefully we'll have Montano fit by then, and Obileye should be ok to start against Hibs, having had an extra 7 days to get fit for it.

Why were you not playing this midweek, was the game played earlier in a gap week or is it scheduled further on?

8 hours ago, ropy said:

Why were you not playing this midweek, was the game played earlier in a gap week or is it scheduled further on?

Brought it forward as Livi and Dundee had a free Saturday in November 

Some movement on the recent club sale i think to Baycup.

As i understand  it Hogarth has managed to get an interim interdict preventing Ward and Cullen (not sure who he really is?) selling Opcco’s shareholding in LFC to Baycup, so who knows what happens with the club sale now

I understand  Martindale , Ward and club CEO served papers by Sheriff Officers at club today in light of this action being taken

17 hours ago, Livi said:

Some movement on the recent club sale i think to Baycup.

As i understand  it Hogarth has managed to get an interim interdict preventing Ward and Cullen (not sure who he really is?) selling Opcco’s shareholding in LFC to Baycup, so who knows what happens with the club sale now

I understand  Martindale , Ward and club CEO served papers by Sheriff Officers at club today in light of this action being taken

Where did you get this info from ?

Not knocking it,just curious to know 👍

1 hour ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Where did you get this info from ?

Not knocking it,just curious to know 👍

It might be shite but its what I have heard on the grapevine. 

Was listening to Radio Scotland sportsound today Martindale alluded to ownership issues behind the scenes pre match. Came across as if he didn't know to much about it  can't see how that can be the case. 

interestingly Tom English and Preston from sportsound team were also alluding to big issues at Livi behind the scenes around court cases and ownership issues that need sorted.  

2 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Martinindale's post match interview

"We've got enough at this club to get us out of this situation"

This coming from the same man that shouted back at fans during the game saying that he put Sangare on because "I've got nobody else"

Edited by Livi La Vida Loca
Typo

1 hour ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

"We've got enough at this club to get us out of this situation"

This coming from the same man that shouted back at fans during the game saying that he put Sangare on because "I've got nobody else"

To be fair, who did he have to stick up front? Nouble wasn't fit

It was a lot better, but we need Anderson on from the start, not coming on when Guthrie is knackered and ready for coming off. A fortunate break for Hibs got them their goal, but also quality from Boyle to score, that's why we need Anderson starting, to give us some quality to score when we're on top. We put plenty balls into the box relying on Pitts getting in there, but it wasn't enough.

Play like that against Killie and start Anderson and it'll at least give us our best chance of getting something, not point waiting will we're a goal down, chasing the game, lets try scoring first.

I wonder why they can't play the Ross County game midweek,all these postponed games should be played the nearest following mid week

Kilmarnock home ,Aberdeen away Celtic away,don't know where the points are coming from there

The first 20 minutes today at least  Livi  had more players  in the Hibs half, Guthrie is a centre forward, playing too deep,doesn't create any shots,flicks the ball into empty spaces

Martindale is  helpless ,as he doesn't have the quality especially creative quick players

He continually plays  Shinnie,Pittman,Sean  Kelly,Guthrie,Holt. The only way I see out of this is to bring in 3 new midfielders  and a striker, if that doesn't happen, they'll need Anderson,Stephen Kelly , and some of the younger players brought in because the boat is sinking fast.

Raith Rovers  v Patrick Thistle watching it on Friday 2 teams with much more talent than Livi.

We lost and we’re 5 points adrift.

on the performance front, reading the match thread, i think it’s clear that both sets of fans think we were in the game.

anderson (and probably st Kelly) is going to have to feature more but I don’t think we should be throwing in the towel yet. Hibs have received plaudits lately and IMO they were celebrating exetensively at hanging on against a team bottom of the league after a a goal from a lucky break!

11 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

We put plenty balls into the box relying on Pitts getting in there, but it wasn't enough.

So much this. First half and early second half, particularly Penrice but also Brandon put in multiple decent crosses. That all happened before Anderson was on the pitch and by the time he did get on, our attacking structure had broken down a bit and those crosses were no longer coming in.

Our last goal (against Motherwell) was Anderson nipping in to finish a low cross. He's excellent at getting free in the box and anticipating crosses. 

Anderson must start every home match. In away matches, there's occasionally logic to starting Nouble at centre forward instead of Anderson but never Guthrie.

On 27/11/2023 at 13:12, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Without knowing much if anything about the court cases. The issues raised in them are some what historical? So doesn't reflect how the club is "currently run"

Losses? Well they are expected with a cost of living crisis and prices of basically everything increasing. We have also started up the academy again and that won't come cheap. 

Rumours of discontent will always come when a teams in a slump so to believe them is stupid imo. 

New owners. I'd be more concerned if they came in and threw money at it because we all know how that turned out before. They've come in and said they'll cover losses thus offering stability and I'd assume a reassessment will come at the end of the season.

Why would anyone throw money at Livi? If they won the league, they would still attract about a thousand home fans. There is no potential whatsoever. I really hope a proper club takes your place soon. 

6 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Why would anyone throw money at Livi? If they won the league, they would still attract about a thousand home fans. There is no potential whatsoever. I really hope a proper club takes your place soon. 

We could say that about Queen's Park, Hearts and Aberdeen could say it about your club then Rangers and Celtic could say it about them.

You must be thick as pig shit to have not realised this yet.

34 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Did you get bored to go a little bit back to quote that? 

Absolutely fed up of the elitism mentality of some clubs and their fans. How boring would football be if just the "proper" clubs did well and remained in the premiership. 

If other clubs are so much better then how did little ol' Livi even get here never mind continue to punch well above our weight? Maybe these so called "proper" clubs could look to Livi in order to better themselves. 

Take your attitude and do one.