Livingston - all the threads merged

19 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

I think he can do better than Dundee but I am fully expecting him to be away in the summer because his contract is up. 

I think he would be away in January if it was down to him be interesting to see if Livi let him

Anyone remember Livi 0-2 Dundee? It was the key match in our season so far. It began Dundee's ascent up the league and our descent down it. Montano's sending off was crucial but I want to highlight what happened before that.

Martindale picked a stinking team for that game. It was a 3-4-2-1. He actually got it very right with Montano at left centre back who was MotM until his red card. However, Sean Kelly at centre mid ahead of Shinnie, Pittman and Sangare was an abysmal choice. Then the two attacking mids were Nouble inside left and Bradley inside right. I've gone over at length before why that inside left attacking mid position is the worst place you can play Nouble. It stations him exactly where the opposition find it easiest to deal with him. Then Bradley, firstly he shouldn't have been randomly chucked into the starting line up having hardly featured prior to that match. The idea was for him to playmake centrally and for McKay to overlap on his right. Except Bradley hasn't the confidence and composure to playmake (only Stephen Kelly and Shinnie do in the squad). He was so lost in that role and then subbed soon after half time.

Had Martindale picked the right team we'd have been winning and Montano wouldn't have been so wound up. Even if he'd still got himself sent off, holding onto a lead would've seen us probably concede an equaliser at worst and still get a draw.

We should've been playing 3-4-1-2 that day. Have Nouble and Anderson as a front pairing. That was done for all of 5 minutes at the end of the recent St Mirren match and they almost combined to score. They compliment each other perfectly, Anderson a "no.9" who prefers to stay high and central, Nouble more of a second striker who likes to drop off or drift wide. Why the f**k Martindale has not been playing them as a duo each week, only he can tell us.

You have Stephen Kelly behind them. If he's unavailable you use a different style of attacking mid - Pittman or Sangare, less creativity compared to Stephen Kelly but more thrust. At centre mid you have Holt alongside either deep playmaker Shinnie or if you need more defensive bite, Pittman or Sangare.

Right wing back is Brandon or if you want a more attacking option, this is where you play Bradley. He could be like Lawless used to be for us, a left footed right wing back. 

McKay should've been converted into a forward, able to switch in for Nouble or Anderson if needed. Playing in a front two would allow him to drift into high wide spaces where he could make the most of his pace. His lack of defensive ability at wing back cost us, especially away to Killie. Don't play him there.

The players are good enough. Martindale just needs to pick the correct ones in the correct places.

Still posters on here with rose tinted glasses syndrome, praising Martingale's  signings and lone deals

I totally agree  with Atlis assessment on these duds. He's coming round to my way of thinking 🙂

Trust me here! !!  I will reiterate my thought s on the useless midfield that will be the downfall of Livi,.

I don't care what Pittman's done in the past he's done at this level , the and the quicker Martindale See's this the better

I don't care what Martindale thinks of Shinne he's useless at this level

Stephen Kelly will need to show a lot more willingness, and alertness,to make up for his  lack off pace

Sangare, Guthrie,Shaun Kelly,Bradley, were never the standard needed for the Premiership

Holt  holds down  a roll that's insignificant ,and brings nothing to the attack,and causes endless free kicks

Nouuble had  us all fooled ,great for  3 or 4 months ,and then totally crashed,he's had plenty of time since his injury to impress

Penrice,Montano,and Anderson are the only players with  any ability when on form 

So there is the problem!!! ,no Creative midfield runners,player's that simply  can't play in these positions

Martindale's  has no attacking style,his main focus is containing  the opposition, stringing 7 players along the back,lack of belief  in the players or his setup.

On 03/12/2023 at 12:41, LIVIFOREVER said:

Earliest we can reschedule the County game would be Tues 12th Dec, everyone bar us and Dundee are playing midweek games this Tues/Wed. Hopefully we'll have Montano fit by then, and Obileye should be ok to start against Hibs, having had an extra 7 days to get fit for it.

Why were you not playing this midweek, was the game played earlier in a gap week or is it scheduled further on?

8 hours ago, ropy said:

Why were you not playing this midweek, was the game played earlier in a gap week or is it scheduled further on?

Brought it forward as Livi and Dundee had a free Saturday in November 

Some movement on the recent club sale i think to Baycup.

As i understand  it Hogarth has managed to get an interim interdict preventing Ward and Cullen (not sure who he really is?) selling Opcco’s shareholding in LFC to Baycup, so who knows what happens with the club sale now

I understand  Martindale , Ward and club CEO served papers by Sheriff Officers at club today in light of this action being taken

17 hours ago, Livi said:

Some movement on the recent club sale i think to Baycup.

As i understand  it Hogarth has managed to get an interim interdict preventing Ward and Cullen (not sure who he really is?) selling Opcco’s shareholding in LFC to Baycup, so who knows what happens with the club sale now

I understand  Martindale , Ward and club CEO served papers by Sheriff Officers at club today in light of this action being taken

Where did you get this info from ?

Not knocking it,just curious to know 👍

1 hour ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Where did you get this info from ?

Not knocking it,just curious to know 👍

It might be shite but its what I have heard on the grapevine. 

Was listening to Radio Scotland sportsound today Martindale alluded to ownership issues behind the scenes pre match. Came across as if he didn't know to much about it  can't see how that can be the case. 

interestingly Tom English and Preston from sportsound team were also alluding to big issues at Livi behind the scenes around court cases and ownership issues that need sorted.  

2 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Martinindale's post match interview

"We've got enough at this club to get us out of this situation"

This coming from the same man that shouted back at fans during the game saying that he put Sangare on because "I've got nobody else"

Edited by Livi La Vida Loca
Typo

1 hour ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

"We've got enough at this club to get us out of this situation"

This coming from the same man that shouted back at fans during the game saying that he put Sangare on because "I've got nobody else"

To be fair, who did he have to stick up front? Nouble wasn't fit

It was a lot better, but we need Anderson on from the start, not coming on when Guthrie is knackered and ready for coming off. A fortunate break for Hibs got them their goal, but also quality from Boyle to score, that's why we need Anderson starting, to give us some quality to score when we're on top. We put plenty balls into the box relying on Pitts getting in there, but it wasn't enough.

Play like that against Killie and start Anderson and it'll at least give us our best chance of getting something, not point waiting will we're a goal down, chasing the game, lets try scoring first.

I wonder why they can't play the Ross County game midweek,all these postponed games should be played the nearest following mid week

Kilmarnock home ,Aberdeen away Celtic away,don't know where the points are coming from there

The first 20 minutes today at least  Livi  had more players  in the Hibs half, Guthrie is a centre forward, playing too deep,doesn't create any shots,flicks the ball into empty spaces

Martindale is  helpless ,as he doesn't have the quality especially creative quick players

He continually plays  Shinnie,Pittman,Sean  Kelly,Guthrie,Holt. The only way I see out of this is to bring in 3 new midfielders  and a striker, if that doesn't happen, they'll need Anderson,Stephen Kelly , and some of the younger players brought in because the boat is sinking fast.

Raith Rovers  v Patrick Thistle watching it on Friday 2 teams with much more talent than Livi.