Livingston - all the threads merged

10 minutes ago, Durnford said:

If the story about Martindale telling those, that weren't up for the fight, to call their agents; I wouldn't be too surprised to see a number of replacements coming in.

TBH the way Devlin's gone off the boil recently makes me wonder if he's one of the ones seeking an out.

You could be right on Devlin although there's also indications against that. He only came to us last summer due to lack of other suitors and I wouldn't expect his time here so far to have changed that. He's getting regular football which is probably all he was looking for after not getting that last season at Fleetwood and Hibs. Also I assume he must've convinced Martindale of his commitment for at least this season to have been given the captaincy.

2 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

However, Martindale said he's looking to bring in another centre back which might indicate he's sticking with the back three/five.

Would hope he's going 4 at the back and looking for another CB because Devlin & Parkes are injury prone and then both Obileye & Nottingham have had injuries too.

I'm assuming Martindale doesn't rate Boyes or we don't have a recall clause in his loan? Should add I've no idea how he's been doing at Inverness. Would think he'd work hard though given he's out of contract and will be looking for a new deal / club. 

What with the way he’s been ranted at after some games (poor performance or not), there’s no way that picture is real, if only for the reason that George would be within his rights to be even more dismissive than he allegedly is there.

Someone on a Livi forum saying Parkes is training with Hartlepool, and will be signing for them in this transfer window.

image.thumb.png.cdc91475c0ef3cf85657f9d7943fbb0d.png

Hartlepool must oblivious to how much time he's spent being out injured. If true that's 2 CB out this window, take it we'll be bringing at least one in. 

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Someone on a Livi forum saying Parkes is training with Hartlepool, and will be signing for them in this transfer window.

image.thumb.png.cdc91475c0ef3cf85657f9d7943fbb0d.png

Hartlepool must oblivious to how much time he's spent being out injured. If true that's 2 CB out this window, take it we'll be bringing at least one in. 

That would be a godsend. I’ll drive him myself. Unbelievable how much we’ve been paying this chancer, and that he’s had his deal extended twice!

If there was one player we could ship out of the club this window, it would be Parkes. Not that he's a bad player or influence, but we're apparently paying him an absolute shitload. 

if Bahamboula & Bitsindou also go then that's a great start.

Just now, Livi La Vida Loca said:

I just hope that someone isn't Andy Halliday.

I wouldn't mind Halliday in at CM with Holt and Shinnie tbh. Just not at anything above 1k p/w. From what I've heard though that deal with Halliday isn't happening anyway.

7 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I wouldn't mind Halliday in at CM with Holt and Shinnie tbh. Just not at anything above 1k p/w. From what I've heard though that deal with Halliday isn't happening anyway.

Yeah good player with great work ethic but I just wouldn't want a huge chunk of our wage bill spent on him. He will undoubtedly have a better offer than us on the table.

1 minute ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Yeah good player with great work ethic but I just wouldn't want a huge chunk of our wage bill spent on him. He will undoubtedly have a better offer than us on the table.

Think this is shaping up to be our busiest January window in a long time. Good to see Martindale getting stuck in with us, doubt he's really going to take any time off at all during the break.

Just now, ATLIS said:

Think this is shaping up to be our busiest January window in a long time. Good to see Martindale getting stuck in with us, doubt he's really going to take any time off at all during the break.

Doesn't usually, can remember when we got promoted he was on his hols doing business with his laptop and phone, signing players, doing the new strip deals, never stops. Usually months ahead when targeting new signings too.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Doesn't usually, can remember when we got promoted he was on his hols doing business with his laptop and phone, signing players, doing the new strip deals, never stops. Usually months ahead when targeting new signings too.

At this point he'll not be sleeping ffs :D Hopefully we come back at the end of January absolutely flying - we need to.

21 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

At this point he'll not be sleeping ffs :D Hopefully we come back at the end of January absolutely flying - we need to.

Lets hope he is 100% focussed on the football and not on the court case thats happening in January. 

47 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

That'll be a massive chunk of wages off the clubs back. Should allow us to push the boat out for someone 

30 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

We’re staring huge financial difficulties in the face, whether that be court action or relegation. 

Because of that, the notion that we replace  underperforming players in a bloated squad with yet more players, is surely for the birds?