Livingston - all the threads merged

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jack McMillan is rumoured to be signing a PCA with us. Partick Thistle fans reckon he's brilliant. Why didn't it work out with you lads?

Was always better players ahead of him, but his versatility made him an ideal utility player, able to play RB/RWB & LB/LWB equally well. He's bound to have improved further getting a few seasons of regular starts at Partick, albeit in a league below. Was always a good solid player for us.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jack McMillan is rumoured to be signing a PCA with us. Partick Thistle fans reckon he's brilliant. Why didn't it work out with you lads?

Looked best at CDM for us funnily enough. Can play RB/CB/LW as well. Felt he was a bit of a victim of his versatility, he couldn't find a spot to make his own and there was always players ahead of him. Think RB was his 'primary' position, which based on recent showings we could be doing with as well. 

I always felt his lack of pace was a barrier to him being a success at this level to be fair, he struggled to get up and down the wing against a better standard of player. I reckon he should be solid enough now at this level (with a few years more experience under his belt) but not a standout. 

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

A lot of fans seemed to think the sun shone out of this guys arse while he sat on the bench most weeks. In reality he had a couple of decent games playing, unusually, in midfield. Other than that he was okay when coming in to cover, but never got in the team for long.

Of his 52 Premiership appearances for us, he only completed 90 minutes 12 times.

He reached a time where he wants to play every week and wasn’t going to get that at Livi. I can’t imagine a scenario where Partick weren’t offering more money than us. No brainer.

edit:

obviously I would take him back now as he has obviously developed considerably since moving on.. and we’re shite.

Edited by CharlieWhisky

On 10/01/2024 at 15:34, CharlieWhisky said:

Seems a strange location after John Ward publicly offered them the Almondvale Suite. Would make more sense to me to organise it before or after a match when the vast majority of the potential members already have time and location set aside for the purpose of supporting the club.

Ward can't offer up Almondvale Suite as it's not his to offer up.

Agree with the point of before or after a game. It would be difficult as the current operators of Almondvale Suite have it open to make money either with Old Firm fans or to Livingston fans.

As i understand it the Rankine case against the club os due to kick off on 23rd January.

On 12/01/2024 at 14:51, Ludo*1 said:

Thought he was a decent player just needing more development. 

3 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

How long does court cases of this nature take?

its also not that clear to me exactly what the nature of the case is

As long as it takes to hear the evidence. 

I understand 3 days have been pencilled in for this case.

The nature of the case = £££'s 

2 hours ago, Livi said:

As long as it takes to hear the evidence. 

I understand 3 days have been pencilled in for this case.

The nature of the case = £££'s 

Is this different to his previous case where he was told the club could pay him when it could afford to do so?

On 14/01/2024 at 09:39, Livi said:

Ward can't offer up Almondvale Suite as it's not his to offer up.

Agree with the point of before or after a game. It would be difficult as the current operators of Almondvale Suite have it open to make money either with Old Firm fans or to Livingston fans.

As i understand it the Rankine case against the club os due to kick off on 23rd January.

So 'we' don't own the Almondvale Suite? Who does ? Another short sighted bit of shitemongery ....welcome to Tory Britain where every Tom, Harry and total Dick middle-man scrabbles for a slice of someone else's pie....

Edited by larry the lion

41 minutes ago, larry the lion said:

So 'we' don't own the Almondvale Suite? Who does ? Another short sighted bit of shitemongery ....welcome to Tory Britain where every Tom, Harry and total Dick middle-man scrabbles for a slice of someone else's pie....

Why would we when we don't own the stadium? It's operated by Simon Preece's Food Creations as far as I'm aware - they're quite happy to shite on Livi fans and deny entry when it's Rangers/Celtic on their way to us. Wasn't it them that also let an 'IRA song book night' be booked for the same suite, it was cancelled once a few people raised the issue to the club. That may hint at the club having a say in how it's used.

46 minutes ago, larry the lion said:

Sure we gave them the lease for the Suite and Bar, was when we were in the lower leagues and struggling to run it. The place was really run down. Food Creations leased it out and revamped the place, putting in big tellies and such, plus the beer isn't left from one game to the next now, and haven't had a dodgy pint since. The Massone era in particular was murder for having an apple flavoured beer. We get a percentage of the takings as well, without the running costs.

Same with the serveries i think, everything got streamlined to save money.

Doh ! Yeah, its obvious, I just didn't think about it properly... (before having a rant)

Still, hate how its all split up and not just under one central control.

So if someone wanted to 'buy the club' how would it work with the bar and Suite? Are they both owned by the council? 

38 minutes ago, larry the lion said:

Doh ! Yeah, its obvious, I just didn't think about it properly... (before having a rant)

So if someone wanted to 'buy the club' how would it work with the bar and Suite? Are they both owned by the council? 

I would imagine so with the stadium being owned by the council too. It'd continue under current operation unless they want to buy that or the stadium all in one

34 minutes ago, larry the lion said:

Not sure how the commercial businesses outside of the football works, the niteclub got sold off for builders to start putting houses up, and didn't want a niteclub putting buyers off. Flynn made 1M pounds for himself. So that wasn't owned by the council.

1 hour ago, larry the lion said:

The stadium is owned by the Council, my understanding is that the club leases the stadium from them (everything except for Stadium House), and sublets the Almondvale Suite, Stadium Bar and kiosks to Food Creations. They sublet the club shop to Soccer Shop; Direct.

The vast majority of professional clubs do this with the kiosks and club shop to eliminate risk. I expect the Club gets a flat rental fee for the spaces and will make a commission on club shop sales. Probably 5%, I wouldn’t be very surprised if it’s higher.

I support this approach as it mitigates all the risk of holding stock, employing people etc and the club can set the terms on what the subcontractors have to provide, including penalties if they don’t meet those terms.

1 hour ago, CharlieWhisky said:

The stadium is owned by the Council, my understanding is that the club leases the stadium from them (everything except for Stadium House), and sublets the Almondvale Suite, Stadium Bar and kiosks to Food Creations. They sublet the club shop to Soccer Shop; Direct.

The vast majority of professional clubs do this with the kiosks and club shop to eliminate risk. I expect the Club gets a flat rental fee for the spaces and will make a commission on club shop sales. Probably 5%, I wouldn’t be very surprised if it’s higher.

I support this approach as it mitigates all the risk of holding stock, employing people etc and the club can set the terms on what the subcontractors have to provide, including penalties if they don’t meet those terms.

Unless you want to run it like a proper bar and conferencing facility like it used to be. Some clubs also take that approach.

The club used to run its own events and some of them were very good in the past. At one point you could book lunch daily at the club. I guess you need a decent chef for that kind of operation.

FC will likely lose a lot of revenue next season if Livingston are in the Championship. 

1 hour ago, Nadroj said:

We’ve signed Anderson on a PCA apparently. What is the general view of him amongst Livi fans? Granted, it may be a bit clouded this season. 

He's the best finisher at the club, and his all-round game has improved while here

He's been underused this season, however I'd say him (and Stephen Kelly) have became better players the more they're out the team. He's definitely under performed this year. A good signing for any Premiership team, in any case.

Edited by The Wrong Car

2 hours ago, Nadroj said:

We’ve signed Anderson on a PCA apparently. What is the general view of him amongst Livi fans? Granted, it may be a bit clouded this season. 

There was a period where his goal scoring record was only a couple short of what Dykes achieved. At that time he was, in my view, indispensable. 

There’s always been rumours about him having a poor relationship with the manager, so his lack of playing time and supposed departure are both depressing and unsurprising. 

Good guy, good player (when on form), hope he thrives with you (apart from against us, obviously). 

Edited by mozam76