Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, Livi said:

Anyone on here attending the court case today? 

Would be good to get an update 

I refer the honourable gentleman to the comment I made a few days back.

Seriously though, if you're interested, you're welcome to go along you might need to convince the courts that you're a member of the media though).

Also it will likely involve a number of guys in suits referring to a line of text in a submission which you have no sight of whilst another group of guys in suits refer to another document. This will go on until the presumed break for lunch and you'll be left sitting there thinking WTF.

Its probably also the case that the protagonists will not attend in person.

If you're really really lucky the findings might be given although its just as likely they could be delayed for further submission or investigation.

Alternatively you could wait for the court papers in a couple of days time?

EDIT - not having a go at you pal; just based on my pervious experience; certainly not like the court cases on the telly.

Edited by Durnford

With the Teto back in South Africa thing; I'm not sure it is completely dead in the water.

With him in the country under a visitors permit there was virtually zero chance of getting a proper work permit. If he really is a Livingston Employee (i.e. we're paying him some wages) then presumably he can be loaded back to his team in South Africa for the rest of the season and then apply for a pucka work permit as an existing company employee in the summer?

A huge amount of supposition here but who knows - leastways I take hope by the fact that he is still listed as a squad member although I doubt the SFA would share that viewpoint.

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I don't want to talk down to Maley but he's probably very underqualified to be a Premiership goalkeeping coach and Shamal looks to have regressed since arriving. If he can get some quality and experienced passed down to Shamal then that's a bonus.

Tony Caig leaving was a bit of a worry at the time, Gary Maley being his replacement hasn't helped at all IMO. He's a cult hero and all but I'd like to see us putting a wee bit of our wee tiny budget into a GK coach, it could be worth just as much as an actual goalkeeper.

TBH at the moment my biggest concern is who have we actually got fit to play on Saturday - I'm not sure I can ever recall us with such a thread-bare team; even after administration when we had to let so many player go.

Just now, Durnford said:

With the Teto back in South Africa thing; I'm not sure it is completely dead in the water.

With him in the country under a visitors permit there was virtually zero chance of getting a proper work permit. If he really is a Livingston Employee (i.e. we're paying him some wages) then presumably he can be loaded back to his team in South Africa for the rest of the season and then apply for a pucka work permit as an existing company employee in the summer?

A huge amount of supposition here but who knows - leastways I take hope by the fact that he is still listed as a squad member although I doubt the SFA would share that viewpoint.

I think the plan at the moment is to get him out on loan in Europe - likely a Scandinavian country where it's a touch easier to get a work permit. Think one of the articles mentioned that he's been training with clubs across Europe so who knows how likely that'll be. If he was as brilliant as Martindale suggested I'm not sure why someone wouldn't have taken him on, you wouldn't think he'd be on a wage big enough to put anyone off.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

I refer the honourable gentleman to the comment I made a few days back.

Seriously though, if you're interested, you're welcome to go along you might need to convince the courts that you're a member of the media though).

Also it will likely involve a number of guys in suits referring to a line of text in a submission which you have no sight of whilst another group of guys in suits refer to another document. This will go on until the presumed break for lunch and you'll be left sitting there thinking WTF.

Its probably also the case that the protagonists will not attend in person.

If you're really really lucky the findings might be given although its just as likely they could be delayed for further submission or investigation.

Alternatively you could wait for the court papers in a couple of days time?

EDIT - not having a go at you pal; just based on my pervious experience; certainly not like the court cases on the telly.

who knows as i have never been in the court of session. 😀

The last time there were various court cases someone i think from the Trust went along and sat in on them.

There will be witnesses from the club attending surely as it won't just be a theoretical debate. 

Its the same judge that heard the Livi FC vrs Hogarth case.  

At the moment I'm particularly interested to hear if the supposed transfer for Nouble is concluded.

TBH I think he's been my biggest disappointment as a player since Gabor Vincze (2nd time around)

4 hours ago, Durnford said:

TBH at the moment my biggest concern is who have we actually got fit to play on Saturday - I'm not sure I can ever recall us with such a thread-bare team; even after administration when we had to let so many player go.

It actually helped us win on Sat, MacKay wouldn't have come on in the first half had Montano not been injured. Would've prob been after the 65min mark before we saw him. Brandon and St Kelly haven't had many games either, but both will now get starts. Attacking wise at least i think the players now getting games are better than what we had before.

Looks like Rankine settled for less than he was asking for. 

Strange as Livi FC  indicated in the pre amble as i understand it that if the case went ahead and found in Rankine's favour they would not be in a position to settle the £260,000 being originally asked for by Rankine

If the above position is close to being true then where is all the £££'s coming into the Livi FC? 

There was someone associated with the Trust there today and a few other fans. 

Next court case is in  Feb as it stands.

Edited by Livi

8 minutes ago, Livi said:

Strange as Livi FC  indicated in the pre amble as i understand it that if the case went ahead and found in Rankine's favour they would not be in a position to settle the £260,000 being asked for

If the above statement is close to being true then where is all the £££'s coming into the Livi FC? 

What statement?

Re the Trust being there, I look forward to them disseminating to their members any relevant information in the appropriate manner, rather than it being drip fed to people anonymously. 

Edited by mozam76

8 minutes ago, Livi said:

Strange as Livi FC  indicated in the pre amble as i understand it that if the case went ahead and found in Rankine's favour they would not be in a position to settle the £260,000 being asked for

If the above statement is close to being true then where is all the £££'s coming into the Livi FC? 

How does that make you feel?

11 hours ago, Durnford said:

Going by the photos posted it looks like Sangare and Penrice both trained in preparation for the weekend. The young boy Ledingham was talked up at the beginning of the season and has featured on the bench plenty but yet to see him play. With our issues in defence, I do wonder if we might see him at some point soon.

With the personnel available we could go for something like

Shamal

Brandon Donnellan Nottingham Penrice

Holt Shinnie

MacKay Sangare St Kelly

Anderson

8 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Not the big win he was hoping for. Every time Rankine sniffs money he takes Livi to court then gets told there isn't the money to pay him, wee shame for him.

I can only think that Rankin is expecting the directors to fork out.

That the club even hopes to break even is a mystery to me; with an average home gate of about 5000 and 19 home games per year I'm guessing that might equate to a total gate receipts for the year of around £1.9 million

With a squad of around 30 professionals on a conservative salary of £45k (I know the likes of Parks were on considerably more than that but there's also a couple of academy player in there) that equates to about £1,350,000 on base salary before appearance fees, goal and [cough] win bonuses are taken into account.

Matchday security must amount to at least £3k for a cat 3 game (if the game is called off I suspect a large proportion of this fee will still be due); that's another £57k.

On paper that might indicate a positive of half a million but then the stadium costs must be a good few hundred thousand pounds; management team; stadium staff; maintenance; rates; services (electricity etc); maintenance cleaning; public liability, accountancy and legal etc. etc.

On this basis surely any hope of a trading profit is heavily reliant on other revenue such as advertising; club merchandise; the hope of a cup run or the bonanza of selling a player for a "healthy" fee.

Where on earth is all this hidden money? Maybe Rankin started to believe all the hype about Nouble?

19 hours ago, mozam76 said:

What statement?

Re the Trust being there, I look forward to them disseminating to their members any relevant information in the appropriate manner, rather than it being drip fed to people anonymously. 

Wouldnt hold your breath for anything decent from the trust, they have not even met with the CEO or anyone from the club in the last 3 years ;) 

Edited by lividihard

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

I can only think that Rankin is expecting the directors to fork out.

That the club even hopes to break even is a mystery to me; with an average home gate of about 5000 and 19 home games per year I'm guessing that might equate to a total gate receipts for the year of around £1.9 million

With a squad of around 30 professionals on a conservative salary of £45k (I know the likes of Parks were on considerably more than that but there's also a couple of academy player in there) that equates to about £1,350,000 on base salary before appearance fees, goal and [cough] win bonuses are taken into account.

Matchday security must amount to at least £3k for a cat 3 game (if the game is called off I suspect a large proportion of this fee will still be due); that's another £57k.

On paper that might indicate a positive of half a million but then the stadium costs must be a good few hundred thousand pounds; management team; stadium staff; maintenance; rates; services (electricity etc); maintenance cleaning; public liability, accountancy and legal etc. etc.

On this basis surely any hope of a trading profit is heavily reliant on other revenue such as advertising; club merchandise; the hope of a cup run or the bonanza of selling a player for a "healthy" fee.

Where on earth is all this hidden money? Maybe Rankin started to believe all the hype about Nouble?

Have you thought about £650,000 from UEFA solidarity payment, broadcast revenue, cup games and the £1.5 million prize money for our league finish last season?

13 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Have you thought about £650,000 from UEFA solidarity payment, broadcast revenue, cup games and the £1.5 million prize money for our league finish last season?

Spot on. As well as old firm games must be netting at least £120k profit per match. Not forgetting a few top 6 finishes and a cup final. In there as well. 

Where has the money gone over the last 6 years. A very good question.

Edited by Livi