Livingston - all the threads merged

17 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

Ward winning is the preference. 

That statement is a surprise to no one.

A club of Livingston FC's size with 800 fans does not need a Director of Football. 

Livi fans have a double whammy continuing to pay more legal fees when they shouldn't be and this Chairman (previous CEO) has form of running up £1m+ of losses.

In my opinion, Sarkic was the best keeper we had in the Premiership. Good with the ball at his feet, great shot shopper and relatively few mistakes. I don't think many on here will forget but it's worth noting that he was between the sticks during our first ever win against Celtic. It's a shame we didn't have him for longer before he was recalled by Villa due to a goalkeeping injury crisis. 

Terribly tragic news at just 26 with a promising career ahead of him. 

Thank you Random Guy.Livi fans will be hurting this morning.Your dead right,it puts things into perspective.Cracking goalkeeper,arguably to good for Livi.Debut v Celtic didn't faze him and his pass to Lyndon Dykes to lob Fraser Foster and earn us that famous win will live long in the memory.RIP.Matija.🦁🙏.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

To put everything in perspective 

Just seen that in a news feed about half an hour ago, was shocked. Tragic news, only 26 too.

Aye Troy, his ball up to Dykes was typical of how good his distribution was, up there with Broto for that, cracking keeper for us.

3 hours ago, Livi said:

That statement is a surprise to no one.

A club of Livingston FC's size with 800 fans does not need a Director of Football. 

Livi fans have a double whammy continuing to pay more legal fees when they shouldn't be and this Chairman (previous CEO) has form of running up £1m+ of losses.

The comment you've picked out was strictly related to on-field prospects. I offered no opinion on what would be best for the off-field financial health of the club. You took my comment out of context. Go and not do that and just engage honestly instead. 

23 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Just seen that in a news feed about half an hour ago, was shocked. Tragic news, only 26 too.

Aye Troy, his ball up to Dykes was typical of how good his distribution was, up there with Broto for that, cracking keeper for us.

Ive put it up on the Livi forum L/F.Dug out an old DVD.Worth looking at again.Magical.

The brightest stars shine for the shortest time. He was one of the best we’ve ever had, and his loss is unfathomable. Can’t begin to imagine what his family must be going through. 

1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

The comment you've picked out was strictly related to on-field prospects. I offered no opinion on what would be best for the off-field financial health of the club. You took my comment out of context. Go and not do that and just engage honestly instead. 

Let's not kid ourselves on you are pro Martindale and Ward.

I am not given how they have been / are running the club. Ward has overseen £1m+ of losses in his role as CEO/Chairman.

1 hour ago, Livi said:

I am not given how they have been / are running the club. Ward has overseen £1m+ of losses in his role as CEO/Chairman.

Pressume your anti Martindale & Ward,or am I missing something Livi.🤷‍♂️🤣🤣🤣.

1 hour ago, Livi said:

Only club not to need a Govt Loan was Celtic, so i think it's fair to say every other club except them made losses. 

Currently these court cases are what's costing us, and probably what led to relegation, all this in fighting isn't doing the club any good, and none of them are coming out smelling of roses. Will be interesting how the fans forum goes, and if questions are answered satisfactorily.

9 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

At the end of the season i think we'd all have agreed we needed a complete change of ownership and management Troy, as a fresh start with no ties to previous owners or board members is the only thing that will get the fans back together behind the club. That doesn't look like happening any time soon though, with the court cases having to be played out to get us one party with the control to have the authority of selling the club to a new owner.

So we are where we are, and with the team back training for the new season starting, and friendlies & cup groups games coming up, the less disruption the better is my preference, which means Ward & Martindale staying in charge.

23 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Will be interesting how the fans forum goes, and if questions are answered satisfactorily.

Rumour has it the former chair of the supporters trust had a briefing from Hogarth this morning, so maybe some of those questions can be answered already 😇

31 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

I want change there is a difference.

Over £1m+ of losses and your hard earned ££'s continued to be used on court cases both for Livi and people defending.

Have you noticed yet that no legal costs have been awarded to Livi in any of the last few years yet costs have been awarded to the other parties thats even more money being drained from the club coffers 

10 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Rumour has it the former chair of the supporters trust had a briefing from Hogarth this morning, so maybe some of those questions can be answered already 😇

I assume that would be Mr Stoker?

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Only club not to need a Govt Loan was Celtic, so i think it's fair to say every other club except them made losses. 

Currently these court cases are what's costing us, and probably what led to relegation, all this in fighting isn't doing the club any good, and none of them are coming out smelling of roses. Will be interesting how the fans forum goes, and if questions are answered satisfactorily.

It's clearly a staged event they'll answer what they want to answer and not much else.

Given we're now on a December timeline i can see them blaming everyone but themselves but lets see