Livingston - all the threads merged

36 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I notice Prior wasn't on the bench yesterday, wonder if that is work permit related. Has Korboa played in any of the friendlies so far?

Aye noticed that too and was thinking maybe Prior is going to get the league games and Shamal the cup ones. A bit risky not having a sub keeper though, with Shamal's history of injuries, he's prone to going down needing treatment in games. Never sure if he's time wasting or actually injured. 

Oh and forgot to mention earlier, was good seeing us having a goal threat from free kicks, Muirhead scoring from just outside the box. Think St Kelly and Bradley were the last players to score from free kicks, and it was only the one goal a piece. Muirhead looks like he'll score a few more of them this season.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Although Prior wasn't on the bench or in the squad, he was the keeper during the warm up.

So he can't be injured, so it must be a registration thing.

He's French so doubt it's a work permit issue.

3 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I notice Prior wasn't on the bench yesterday, wonder if that is work permit related. Has Korboa played in any of the friendlies so far?

Was wondering about Korboa too. Heard good things from friends who've seen him play for previous clubs and have been excited to see what he can do in a livi top

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye noticed that too and was thinking maybe Prior is going to get the league games and Shamal the cup ones. A bit risky not having a sub keeper though, with Shamal's history of injuries, he's prone to going down needing treatment in games. Never sure if he's time wasting or actually injured. 

Oh and forgot to mention earlier, was good seeing us having a goal threat from free kicks, Muirhead scoring from just outside the box. Think St Kelly and Bradley were the last players to score from free kicks, and it was only the one goal a piece. Muirhead looks like he'll score a few more of them this season.

Shamal was suffering from a recurring injury last season if I remember right. Think he played through the pain barrier quite a bit which, added to his personal issues, won't have helped his form. Certainly looked more like his early form at the tail end of the season.

8 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Lets hope its not work permit related 🤞Livi FC don't have a great record in this space 🫣

Edited by Livi

I don't think our work permit track record is actually all that bad, the only ones we've had issues with have been Teto and Diani. Diani's issue was that it was the first one done in the UK post Brexit was it not?

In the same space of time we've had Esma, Bitsindou, De Lucas, Cancar all pass their work permit requirements. It's more so the quality of the signings that we've made that don't really look all that great. 

Although Diani is playing every week in the MLS at the minute too. We had the option to buy on him but apparently he was after ludicrous amounts of money. Similarly I would've imagined Serrano had to pass a work permit too and he worked out decently well for us.

Edited by ATLIS

34 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I don't think our work permit track record is actually all that bad, the only ones we've had issues with have been Teto and Diani. Diani's issue was that it was the first one done in the UK post Brexit was it not?

In the same space of time we've had Esma, Bitsindou, De Lucas, Cancar all pass their work permit requirements. It's more so the quality of the signings that we've made that don't really look all that great. 

Although Diani is playing every week in the MLS at the minute too. We had the option to buy on him but apparently he was after ludicrous amounts of money. Similarly I would've imagined Serrano had to pass a work permit too and he worked out decently well for us.

Teto 🫣🫣🫣🫣

How much has this cost the club 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Almost £500k loss last year 🥴🥴🥴

No digs there more highlights (granted that some don't want to hear about) 👍👍

Edited by Livi

49 minutes ago, Livi said:

Teto 🫣🫣🫣🫣

How much has this cost the club 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Almost £500k loss last year 🥴🥴🥴

No digs there more highlights (granted that some don't want to hear about) 👍👍

Should buy a Livi brick with that on it.

11 hours ago, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

With Dunfermline losing this group is ours for the taking now 

Aye big game for us on Saturday, a win against the Pars would put us in pole position with 2 games left to play. Dunfermline lose and they're most likely out the cup, so they'll be right up for it too though.

If we play like last night then it'll be a stroll in the park for you. If there's no reaction from the players then that is a huge worry for us. So should make for an interesting game. Fortunately for the good of my sanity I can't make it. 

1 hour ago, par-adise said:

If we play like last night then it'll be a stroll in the park for you. If there's no reaction from the players then that is a huge worry for us. So should make for an interesting game. Fortunately for the good of my sanity I can't make it. 

Expect a reaction from the Pars after last night.Livi are still an unknown quantity with so many new players trying to gel.But signs are promising.

it was actually Mickey Mouse - sorry - Devlin signed to Ayr. As if it wasn’t already obvious he’s a bottle job, turning out for another team in our new league says to me that he wasn’t up for the challenge, the opportunity to make amends for being such a waster last season. p***k.

Maybe he'll be better at this level but I wouldn't hold out much hope for someone who couldn't organise, couldn't jump, was ridiculously slow and had probably the worst distribution I've seen from a centre back. 

I suspect when he left that thought he could still get a Premiership gig which says a lot about his complete lack of awareness of his glaring weaknesses. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi