Livingston - all the threads merged

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'm just glad he isn't still with us, was the worst of a bad lot in our defence last season, certainly the slowest, might even be slower than Greg (turning circle of an oil tanker) Strong.

Always remember Strong standing on the half way line at Dunfermline with his hand up shouting offside. The 'baw was already in the net and Livi relegated 🥴😀

7 hours ago, Livi said:

Always remember Strong standing on the half way line at Dunfermline with his hand up shouting offside. The 'baw was already in the net and Livi relegated 🥴😀

Could be getting mixed up but did Paul Dalgleish score a worldy on that trip to EEP?

edit: I’m mistaken as it was a different match. Some names in here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/4444226.stm

Edited by crispy

16 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

and had probably the worst distribution I've seen from a centre back

Mikey Devlin may or may not be utter shite for Ayr, but I can absolutely guarantee you will see worse distribution from centre backs this season.  Welcome to the Championship! 

9 hours ago, Hursty said:

Mikey Devlin may or may not be utter shite for Ayr, but I can absolutely guarantee you will see worse distribution from centre backs this season.  Welcome to the Championship! 

So what you're saying is, he's found his level in the Championship.

Nottingham was shite for us last season too, but aye, he's maybe going to be ok in the Championship, he's at least got a bit of pace right enough.

Devlin must be the slowest CB in the league. When he gets turned, he's absolutely no chance of recovering, and he'll just give up and moan at someone else, blaming them. Also annoyed me with his lack of commitment blocking shots, always, always, turned away from them, making his body smaller, so the ball went past him towards our goal. Apart from that he was fine.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

So what you're saying is, he's found his level in the Championship.

Well, as an Ayr fan I hope so - time will tell on that one!   Was more a comment about the distribution qualities in this league in general 🤣

13 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Well, as an Ayr fan I hope so - time will tell on that one!   Was more a comment about the distribution qualities in this league in general 🤣

I probably phrased it in the wrong way. The worst distribution I've ever seen from a centre back who thinks he is good at distributing the ball. 

Nothing wrong with meat and potato centre backs if they know their weaknesses. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

6 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

My first game this season and my main takeaway so far is that Muirhead's first touch is awful.

Was alright when he slid in ahead of the keeper though. I can see why the general consensus from Morton fans is he's frustrating to watch

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Was alright when he slid in ahead of the keeper though. I can see why the general consensus from Morton fans is he's frustrating to watch

In general he had a good game but could have been much better with a better touch and passing. Does indeed fit the frustrating tag. 

As Atlis says Dunfermline really didn't offer much at all. All in all a better watch than last season. 

Still feels like we're in pre season mode, gelling the team. We're in a great position now, still the weakest team in the group to play, and have Spartans at home, so another 2 games to blend the team in for the league starting, and should comfortably get through to the knock out stages in the cup.

Olly Green looks a good prospect, comfortable on the ball and gets stuck in, was impressed with him today. Muirhead scored and hit the bar, certainly gets himself in good positions in and around the box. Montano looks comfortable playing at CB, would prefer him playing LB/LWB, making his signature surging runs, but can see him staying as a CB this season.

18 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Still feels like we're in pre season mode, gelling the team. We're in a great position now, still the weakest team in the group to play, and have Spartans at home, so another 2 games to blend the team in for the league starting, and should comfortably get through to the knock out stages in the cup.

Olly Green looks a good prospect, comfortable on the ball and gets stuck in, was impressed with him today. Muirhead scored and hit the bar, certainly gets himself in good positions in and around the box. Montano looks comfortable playing at CB, would prefer him playing LB/LWB, making his signature surging runs, but can see him staying as a CB this season.

Olly Green reminded me of a young Pittman. Big shoes to fill.Defends when needed like Pitts does present day.Mom for me today,magnificent 👏🦁.

4 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

That's Robbie Muirhead. Can frustrate the life out of you, seem disinterested and next minute he'll produce a piece of magic or a goal. Would gladly take him back!

8 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

That's Robbie Muirhead. Can frustrate the life out of you, seem disinterested and next minute he'll produce a piece of magic or a goal. Would gladly take him back!

As opposed to Yengi,he should be our no 9 for the season ahead,put in a shift today.And took his goal well👏.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Apparently Montano is loving playing CB. He certainly looked the part today alongside McGowan who doesn't shut up all game, in a good way, which was sorely missed last season. He looks like the player we thought Devlin would be (early days still)

1 hour ago, Troy.1995 said:

Olly Green reminded me of a young Pittman. Big shoes to fill.Defends when needed like Pitts does present day.Mom for me today,magnificent 👏🦁.

I was really impressed with Olly, has the bite of Pittman with his technical ability more akin to Stephen Kelly. Surprisingly good in the air for such a small guy. He was my MOTM today, closely followed by Boobsy Muihead (it's gonna stick)

31 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

As opposed to Yengi,he should be our no 9 for the season ahead,put in a shift today.And took his goal well👏.

I thought Tete had a quiet first half but looked better in the second. Don't know if Muirhead would be as effective through the middle, his first touch is terrible which wouldn't be great for holding up play. With him playing out wide on either wing (loved that we kept switching our wingers like the Snodgrass/Dorrans days) he's able to isolate full backs and get more space. Yengi didn't look as effective from wide last season

12 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

i wonder why it’s taking so long to get bank accounts transferred to the new supporters trust board?

Or for the Trust to communicate with its members even via email rather than general social media post

Just see excuse after excuse 

They have had the detailed club accounts for weeks not even as much as communicating with their members on what they are doing and when they will be in a position to communicate with them

Lets hope we see action 👍

Edited by Livi

15 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I thought Tete had a quiet first half but looked better in the second. Don't know if Muirhead would be as effective through the middle, his first touch is terrible which wouldn't be great for holding up play. With him playing out wide on either wing (loved that we kept switching our wingers like the Snodgrass/Dorrans days) he's able to isolate full backs and get more space. Yengi didn't look as effective from wide last season

Also was involved in a one-two with Kelly, who played it through for Muirhead's goal.

BTW how refreshing was it to celebrate our goal, knowing we didn't have to then wait for 5 mins to see if VAR could find a reason for not giving it, like something that had happened 5 mins ago in the build up to us scoring. I know it's the cup group games and we wouldn't have had VAR anyway, but this is what the league is going to be like too, fucking loving this season already.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER