Livingston - all the threads merged

8 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Also was involved in a one-two with Kelly, who played it through for Muirhead's goal.

Yeah, not saying he was poor but just felt he went under the radar a bit in the first half....wasn't getting much change out of their CB. Getting Stephen Kelly closer to him in the second half really helped him

55 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Yeah, not saying he was poor but just felt he went under the radar a bit in the first half....wasn't getting much change out of their CB. Getting Stephen Kelly closer to him in the second half really helped him

Yeah for his size he's not really much of a target man for high balls being lumped towards him, he's much better with balls to his feet, but we kept on seeing Shamal hit it up in the air towards Yengi. To get the best out of him we need to keep the ball down and play it through midfield.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

10 hours ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Hope all you want mate. Same circus, new clowns 🤡 

These people seem to forget as soon as they are in office that it's the membership that voted them in not themselves and its the membership they are accountable to

I have seen a fair amount of excuses for not doing this that or the next thing. 

Its a simple process find a way and quickly to communicate with your membership thats isn't always in the public eye. Tell us (the membership) what your plan is and how you are progressing. You've had long enough to undertake the due diligence you needed to do.

As i understand it the LFL board have already met Ward, Hogarth and  they've also had the detailed club accounts. They may even have been meeting weekly as a board. So time to communicate with your membership & not keep it to yourself

That was the first time I've seen us since the end of last season and can't really disagree with anything said.

Muirhead definitely living up to his frustrating tag, his first touch sends the ball about 40 yards away but if he gets the next touch then he seems more likely to do something productive than not. Him switching sides with Sole made sense with how often Muirhead would get a chance to run through on the right side but his first touch just completely broke the move down.

Olly Green looks like an absolute baller and it was great to see him always wanting the ball and always looking to move it forward, he could be a cracking player for us.

McGowan was impressive, after watching Nottingham and Devlin stinking it up at CB last year it was reassuring to see someone who actually looked like a footballer in there. Think we lose a lot of Montano's qualities if he's at CB but if he actually enjoys being there then I won't complain too much, Clarke and Sole look like they could form a decent partnership up the left.

All that said, we had a good group stage last season and were feeling good, so I won't get too excited just yet. We do seem to have improved on most of the players we've lost anyway.

21 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Also was involved in a one-two with Kelly, who played it through for Muirhead's goal.

BTW how refreshing was it to celebrate our goal, knowing we didn't have to then wait for 5 mins to see if VAR could find a reason for not giving it, like something that had happened 5 mins ago in the build up to us scoring. I know it's the cup group games and we wouldn't have had VAR anyway, but this is what the league is going to be like too, fucking loving this season already.

Might not have VAR but some of the officiating in the lower leagues is absolutely wild at times so while you might not have to wait 5 mins for VAR to make a decision you'll also be absolutely gobsmacked at some of the decisions the officials give. We had some absolute shockers of refs last season in league 1. 

3 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Might not have VAR but some of the officiating in the lower leagues is absolutely wild at times so while you might not have to wait 5 mins for VAR to make a decision you'll also be absolutely gobsmacked at some of the decisions the officials give. We had some absolute shockers of refs last season in league 1. 

Swings and roundabouts. Found the international breaks frustrating in the top flight. Heaven forbid we have players capable of representing their country.

3 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Aye the trade off is acceptable though, believe me VAR is much worse, was insufferable having to wait to see if goals are given or not, and they still got decisions wrong. Sucked the joy out of going to games.

Now you see a wee nudge or something in the build up and if it isn't given you can enjoy the goal knowing it wont be checked back and dissected by VAR whether it should be given as a foul to chop the goal off. And a quick look at the lino if his flag is down tells you it's a goal, all celebrations can go ahead without a VAR check ruining the moment.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Think the first game we played with VAR was at home to Aberdeen and there were 3 pens and nobody knew WTF was going on with any of them. first 2 were when the ball was in the opposite pen box and we thought they were being checked for pens in those boxes, but it was for incidents that had happened a few minutes previous in the other box.

The hand balls that are being given are so inconsistent and frustratingly annoying too, and they keep changing if they're giving them. Firstly they were giving anything that hit a hand, and pens were dished out all over the place, then they tightened it up and stopped giving even blatant ones, now it's a mixture and some get given and some don't, so basically no better than it was without VAR, just the waiting around all the time for checks, with the ref standing there with his finger in his ear.

Anyway, thank f**k there isn't VAR in the Championship, one of the plus points of being relegated for me..

26 minutes ago, crispy said:

Swings and roundabouts. Found the international breaks frustrating in the top flight. Heaven forbid we have players capable of representing their country.

Yep another plus for relegation, along with no Winter break shut down, which saw lots of fixtures crammed in either side of it to make up for the break.

From a fans perspective there isn't a lot of positives of playing in the top flight really.😂

Did enjoy humping Hearts and Hibs a few times right enough.

3 hours ago, LiviLion said:

That was the first time I've seen us since the end of last season and can't really disagree with anything said.

Muirhead definitely living up to his frustrating tag, his first touch sends the ball about 40 yards away but if he gets the next touch then he seems more likely to do something productive than not. Him switching sides with Sole made sense with how often Muirhead would get a chance to run through on the right side but his first touch just completely broke the move down.

Olly Green looks like an absolute baller and it was great to see him always wanting the ball and always looking to move it forward, he could be a cracking player for us.

McGowan was impressive, after watching Nottingham and Devlin stinking it up at CB last year it was reassuring to see someone who actually looked like a footballer in there. Think we lose a lot of Montano's qualities if he's at CB but if he actually enjoys being there then I won't complain too much, Clarke and Sole look like they could form a decent partnership up the left.

All that said, we had a good group stage last season and were feeling good, so I won't get too excited just yet. We do seem to have improved on most of the players we've lost anyway.

Penrice is the biggest miss, esp with Montano playing as a CB, we haven't anyone with the quality those 2 had playing there. Anderson would've been a big miss too, but we didn't play him much, and even when we did it was mostly sub appearances when we were getting beat, so it doesn't feel a big loss not having him. 

Think Kelly will get the chance to shine more, which i'm looking forward to, and as you've mentioned, Green is going to be great to watch. Good to see us using the wings and playing it on the deck more too.

Still early days and lots still needing improved, but the signs are good. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep another plus for relegation, along with no Winter break shut down, which saw lots of fixtures crammed in either side of it to make up for the break.

From a fans perspective there isn't a lot of positives of playing in the top flight really.😂

Did enjoy humping Hearts and Hibs a few times right enough.

Think they've completely done away with it in the top flight now, last year was the final year for it

13 hours ago, Livi said:

These people seem to forget as soon as they are in office that it's the membership that voted them in not themselves and its the membership they are accountable to

I have seen a fair amount of excuses for not doing this that or the next thing. 

Its a simple process find a way and quickly to communicate with your membership thats isn't always in the public eye. Tell us (the membership) what your plan is and how you are progressing. You've had long enough to undertake the due diligence you needed to do.

As i understand it the LFL board have already met Ward, Hogarth and  they've also had the detailed club accounts. They may even have been meeting weekly as a board. So time to communicate with your membership & not keep it to yourself

£5 a month to get an email off them 

Looks like the Norwegians have had enough of VAR.

A match in Norway’s top flight was suspended on Sunday amid a flurry of fishcakes thrown in protest at using VAR.

Rosenborg’s match against Lillestrom was abandoned just 30 minutes in as both sets of supporters joined forces to vent their fury. In addition to fish cakes, tennis balls were also thrown on to the pitch and fans chanted “F------ hate VAR”.

The match was first interrupted after six minutes when Rosenborg fans threw tennis balls on to the pitch. Further stoppages resulted in the match referee ordering players to leave the field. A banner was unfurled which read “We will never give up — VAR will go away.”

9 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye the trade off is acceptable though, believe me VAR is much worse, was insufferable having to wait to see if goals are given or not, and they still got decisions wrong. Sucked the joy out of going to games.

Now you see a wee nudge or something in the build up and if it isn't given you can enjoy the goal knowing it wont be checked back and dissected by VAR whether it should be given as a foul to chop the goal off. And a quick look at the lino if his flag is down tells you it's a goal, all celebrations can go ahead without a VAR check ruining the moment.

Second this. VAR completely fucks with your enjoyment of the game. Even when it works in your favour, the disconnect between what you think is happening and the outcome of somebody else dissecting a replay dampens the satisfaction. 

Edited by hoobahabba

10 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Are these people for real?

Had the detailed club accounts for weeks and not a peep out of them yet they can come out looking for money from people. 

ironic as it may be i don't think they can buy shares in the club just now. Lord Braid put a stop to that during the ownership issues.

🙄 

16 minutes ago, Livi said:

Are these people for real?

Had the detailed club accounts for weeks and not a peep out of them yet they can come out looking for money from people. 

ironic as it may be i don't think they can buy shares in the club just now. Lord Braid put a stop to that during the ownership issues.

🙄 

Here we go again.🥱🙄.

13 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Surely donating to a supporters trust doesn't come with an expectation of getting something immediately tangible in return? I'd agree that I'd like to see more concrete plans about what the money is for (share purchase, rainy day fund etc). The lack of previous accounts, and the wild range of membership numbers suggests it's a bit of a mess in the background and I don't think, going forward, giving folk lifetime memberships for a one time payment benefits anyone. 

In terms of Supporters Membership Scheme's , the Foundation of Hearts seems to offer a range of commemorative certificates depending on financial contribution, suggesting that this model of ongoing financial support is the one LfL wish to emulate.   

https://www.foundationofhearts.org/pages/about-the-fans-rewards-scheme

I should add - this isn't a dig at your comment, it's clear that there's many ways to organise and run a Supporters Group, and that the previous way wasn't working for the LfL Trust, given it was essentially dormant outwith game days.