Livingston - all the threads merged

I still feel the council won't do anything that jeopardises senior football in the town. It's clear from past reports that this issue is important to them.

I totally agree - ensuring that senior football remains in West Lothian will be top of the council's priorities. They have come so far down the road since the Meadowbank franchise moved to town - that losing the league place would leave epic proportions of egg on face at Council HQ.

Let's be honest, nobody gave a flying f**k when the village of Gretna lost their league place - and anyway the nearby Town of Annan got into the blazer club in their place - but it's a whole different kettle of fish in a place the with the population of Livingston.

Massone's problem is that he has run out of cash to keep the club going until he can complete the property deal - so he had got Rankine interested. However neither of them want to pour money into Livi to keep it going long enough to enable them to buy the ground so what they are now after is some mugs who will buy the club while they buy the freehold of the ground and make the real money. Is anyone that gullible. I rather doubt it these days.

Perhaps Massolini needs to consult the MK Dons' owner or Sam Hammam or dare I say a certain Rajesh Koslah on how to pull off a property deal using a football club as the vehicle. ;)

Edited by KingfaetheSooth

Now that the council seem to be playing hardball, though, they may well take the view that liquidating the club and holding the land until it can be sold at a good price for re-development will be the best way of realising some of their money back. The wording of their latest statement is clever- it states that whilst they want senior football to stay in town, that can;t be at the expense of their revenue from the ground- regardless of the hurt feelings and outrage of the minority of Livingston fans. Ergo, positioning themselves deftly so that the blame for the collapse of the club lands where it should- on Massolini's shoulders.

Massolini and Rankine may well have a property deal at the back of their mind, but I wonder how long it will take Rankine to tumble to the fact that any deal will face much greater hurdles as long as Massolini is hanging around for his cut. There's a long way to go yet, though- it wouldn't surprise me to see Rankine pay off the council, and keep the club on life support for long enough to let him conclude the deal he'll be angling for.

soooo, AM has the Council by the balls, he has 15 players and a league place and that is what West Lothian Council want. How far can taking advantage of the council's desperation get AM? We all seem to beleive that AM is morally, ethically and probably financially bankrupt and if I were a ratepayer in West Lothian, I would be asking some serious questions about the moral and ethical standards of my council if they let AM continue and then perhaps even give him the stadium, due to AM blackmailing them into submission.

But surely if WLC were so concerned abotu keeping senior football in Livingston, that they would be concerned about the way the club is being run, because even if they get a ground deal sorted, they still only have 15 players, their three big names sold on and a support which is pretty jaded by the whole experience.

soooo, AM has the Council by the balls, he has 15 players and a league place and that is what West Lothian Council want. How far can taking advantage of the council's desperation get AM? We all seem to beleive that AM is morally, ethically and probably financially bankrupt and if I were a ratepayer in West Lothian, I would be asking some serious questions about the moral and ethical standards of my council if they let AM continue and then perhaps even give him the stadium, due to AM blackmailing them into submission.

But surely if WLC were so concerned abotu keeping senior football in Livingston, that they would be concerned about the way the club is being run, because even if they get a ground deal sorted, they still only have 15 players, their three big names sold on and a support which is pretty jaded by the whole experience.

£280k is a fair chunk of loose change to punt on a club like Livingston. Running costs also have to be slashed. A struggling Livingston will attract anything between 1,000 and 1,500 per game........maybe less going by others estimates. So another league season's running costs needs to be underwritten. To get what Massone and Rankine want might need another 200k or so to be invested in the right way. It's how it has been done in the past, but maybe that can't happen now.........

I've a sense that WLC might well become a bigger spectator attraction than LFC.

Guest penelope pitstop
I totally agree - ensuring that senior football remains in West Lothian will be top of the council's priorities. They have come so far down the road since the Meadowbank franchise moved to town - that losing the league place would leave epic proportions of egg on face at Council HQ.

Let's be honest, nobody gave a flying f**k when the village of Gretna lost their league place - and anyway the nearby Town of Annan got into the blazer club in their place - but it's a whole different kettle of fish in a place the with the population of Livingston.

Perhaps Massolini needs to consult the MK Dons' owner or Sam Hammam or dare I say a certain Rajesh Koslah on how to pull off a property deal using a football club as the vehicle. ;)

I ws thinking their best bet for advice woud be Ron Noades - after all he taught Sam everything he knows B)

Edited by penelope pitstop

A wee bit off topic but noticed Mcdougal said he would install Gary Bollan and Alex Cleland as

the new livi managers if he takes over, but just been told Alex Cleland has taken up a coaching role with St.Johnstone, so that so called dream team might not come together.

A wee bit off topic but noticed Mcdougal said he would install Gary Bollan and Alex Cleland as

the new livi managers if he takes over, but just been told Alex Cleland has taken up a coaching role with St.Johnstone, so that so called dream team might not come together.

Confirmed on the Evening Telegraph website. :D

Mildly amusing to me ;) .. Anyway back on topic...Rumour has it that the money for Griffiths has been arrested by on of the major creditors.. Anyone else heard this???

Never heard a thing. Depends upon where it was headed..........LFC or LiviDream. I heard the whisper relating to Lotto money having gone walkabout, but I dismissed this as pantomime baddie wish fulfillment. Is there any substance to this stuff? Surely not............

Mildly amusing to me ;) .. Anyway back on topic...Rumour has it that the money for Griffiths has been arrested by on of the major creditors.. Anyone else heard this???

Yeah I heard this too............. :(

Never heard a thing. Depends upon where it was headed..........LFC or LiviDream. I heard the whisper relating to Lotto money having gone walkabout, but I dismissed this as pantomime baddie wish fulfillment. Is there any substance to this stuff? Surely not............

For a lawyer Massone is one dumb F**ker, he should know how to frustrate an arrestment.

Rather pointless BBC summary of Livingston FC's existence here

It's been a quiet day at Almondvale by recent standards- perhaps the final calm before tomorrow's storm, hence the padding article on the Beeb website.

Not sure why everyone's getting so excited- administration is the worst that will happen, liquidation is some way off yet.