Livingston - all the threads merged

Mildly amusing to me ;) .. Anyway back on topic...Rumour has it that the money for Griffiths has been arrested by on of the major creditors.. Anyone else heard this???

better that than it being used by massone to sail off into the sunset

Mildly amusing to me ;) .. Anyway back on topic...Rumour has it that the money for Griffiths has been arrested by on of the major creditors.. Anyone else heard this???

There's a rumour of it kicking about the Livi Lions site. No idea how much substance there is to it though.

Seems perfectly feasible, since everyone connected with Livi, and due money from them knows they've just got £100+K for Griffiths.

Ghostie - did the same happen with the Davidson/Mackay money? I do remember a comical story of a Livi director turning up at McDiarmid expecting £50K in a brown paper bag.

Two predictions from me at this juncture - LFC will be in administration by the middle of the week and we'll never see Massone again.

Administration is fraught with risk and there's a good chance we won't come out of it this time, but I think that the situation coming to a head is long overdue.

Two predictions from me at this juncture - LFC will be in administration by the middle of the week and we'll never see Massone again.

Administration is fraught with risk and there's a good chance we won't come out of it this time, but I think that the situation coming to a head is long overdue.

You genuinely think he'll do a runner? While it wouldn't shock me, then I don't expect him to just run out of the country, especially with all of his court dates due.

If there are people that really care about Livingston and are willing to invest money into the club then I fully expect a last minute rescue deal in place by close of play tonight.

Do you really think there are any people (with the kind of finance required) that care enough about Livi to invest? I'm not so sure - but time will tell.

IF it is all about the club, then why wouldn't AM just step down. He wants everyone to help him but not loose face himself. As has been said, AM has to go otherwise Livi have NO hope. Most folk with serious money have got it either through dodgy dealings or through business acumen. IF an investor has the latter, they aren't likely to sit by and see their money pished up against a wall by this unstable contender for village idiot.

As for the Griffiths money, I'm sure he is happy to be off the sinking ship though is probably owed wages. I hope some creditor has it, I can see the comedic scenes of pitchfork wielding creditors with fire torches knocking down the Carling Italia Bar entrance where Massone is cowering.

It must be remembered, that one less happy sponsor or supplier is one less happy sponsor or supplier for the entire game in Scotland. The solvency and cash flow and potential for innovation amongst suppliers can be tested by such non payments.

As for AM leaving the country, that would be really stupid on his part. They would track him down and drag him over the coles of the fire. Besides, he's a lwayer and if he wouldn't be able to practise ever again if he did that. If he didn't turn up to court dates involving him being accused of something, it would get very messy. IT would be the end of him as a public figure for sure. Bad for the ego.

Do you really think there are any people (with the kind of finance required) that care enough about Livi to invest? I'm not so sure - but time will tell.

Do you really think there any investors mad enough to enter into a business transaction with Massone that digs him out of the self-constructed hole he is in? My £149.50 says 'no'.

Well, in a mildly understated fanfare of pixels, the official site has introduced the club's new manager/head coach............John Murphy. This is (I presume) the American goalkeeper coach. He will be "under the supervision of David Hay".

Truth be told, the name of David Hay stands a fair chance of being dragged into the grubber along with everything else.

There isn't any comment on anything else relating to the club.........merely that the season begins tomorrow, and Murphy is da man. This is not so much a diversionary tactic, more a case of "hands over ears and yell la-la-la-la" time. It's all rather pathetic.

Edited by Guest

IF it is all about the club, then why wouldn't AM just step down. He wants everyone to help him but not loose face himself. As has been said, AM has to go otherwise Livi have NO hope. Most folk with serious money have got it either through dodgy dealings or through business acumen. IF an investor has the latter, they aren't likely to sit by and see their money pished up against a wall by this unstable contender for village idiot.

As for the Griffiths money, I'm sure he is happy to be off the sinking ship though is probably owed wages. I hope some creditor has it, I can see the comedic scenes of pitchfork wielding creditors with fire torches knocking down the Carling Italia Bar entrance where Massone is cowering.

It must be remembered, that one less happy sponsor or supplier is one less happy sponsor or supplier for the entire game in Scotland. The solvency and cash flow and potential for innovation amongst suppliers can be tested by such non payments.

As for AM leaving the country, that would be really stupid on his part. They would track him down and drag him over the coles of the fire. Besides, he's a lwayer and if he wouldn't be able to practise ever again if he did that. If he didn't turn up to court dates involving him being accused of something, it would get very messy. IT would be the end of him as a public figure for sure. Bad for the ego.

I think it's the money rather than the face. Before Livi can move on, AM is going to have to accept that the money that he or his financiers have put into the club (which they have, in fairness) is down the drain and he's never going to see it again.

I think it's the money rather than the face. Before Livi can move on, AM is going to have to accept that the money that he or his financiers have put into the club (which they have, in fairness) is down the drain and he's never going to see it again.

You think so? I think that is yet to be proved. <_<

I think he has put some money into the club but nowhere near the amount he said he has. I think the £10k bill to the council would have been paid out of Massone's pocket. Perhaps that's ignorance on my account but fail to see where else the money could have come from in that case.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Nowhere near what he said he has, agreed, but there doesn't seem to be any doubt that the club has been running at a substantial loss this past year - more than the recent player sales can cover - and he's been paying the bills himself. He'll have been doing so on the form of loans to the club, and as far as you can gether it seems to have been those loands he wanted repaid as the first condition before he'd consider selling to McDougall. For as long as he insists on that, it'll be hard to see any way of making progress.

I think he has put some money into the club but nowhere near the amount he said he has. I think the £10k bill to the council would have been paid out of Massone's pocket. Perhaps that's ignorance on my account but fail to see where else the money could have come from in that case.

I know you've got a decent youth team, yes, but there's a world of difference between being able to introduce players from it as and when they develop to thrusting them in at the deep end when the senior squad leaves en masse. If it does come to that, you'll finish bottom.

I know you've got a decent youth team, yes, but there's a world of difference between being able to introduce players from it as and when they develop to thrusting them in at the deep end when the senior squad leaves en masse. If it does come to that, you'll finish bottom.

I'll answer to that anyway.

As has happened in recent seasons a lot of them have simply been thrown in at the deep end, especially during the transfer embargo placed on us. I'm not suggesting we'll survive with simply those guys but I reckon they'd make a decent effort of it, if mixed with some older, cheap players.

I'll answer to that anyway.

As has happened in recent seasons a lot of them have simply been thrown in at the deep end, especially during the transfer embargo placed on us. I'm not suggesting we'll survive with simply those guys but I reckon they'd make a decent effort of it, if mixed with some older, cheap players.

It might be a mute point at the end of the day. I don't expect today to bring any ground shaking developments though.

As to Massone injecting funds, I'm not convinced he's put in anything. Set aside the Griffiths money, there has been other transfer funds and the annual league payment as well as gate receipts from average attendances of around 1600 to 1700.

There's no doubt losses have been significant (maybe around 500k over the season), but non payment of invoices and wages will account for a fair chunk of it. If he had indeed put in half a million, the club should not be in the mess it is now. If he has put in half a million in a single season, and despite player sale income debts have continued to spiral upward, then LFC by any measure are no longer viable as a going concern.

If Livingston's worst case scenario comes to pass, and debts are found to be into seven figures, then it really is game over, and in all fairness, deservedly so.

Edited by Guest