Livingston - all the threads merged

and that season in the third division goes down as probably the best Ive had in following Morton FC, winning the league that year was something really special, after what we had been through that title meant more to me than all three of the titles I watched them win to get to the Premier league.

There was something about the Morton support back then that had everyone of them signing from the same hymn sheet and I think that pulled us through those dark times, something I just don't see amongst the Livi support

And we all fucking hate each other now! :lol:

Houses for Almondvale, well on 3 sides anyway, planning application Here.

Click on the little pics on the top left for better layouts.

A £40 million project already approved, seems high for what is in the plans? Maybe they haven't shown all the houses.

Funnily enough on this page it is a £19 million project.

Edited by AND180Y

Nonsense. I'm a Livi fan so why would I want to shaft them ? I want them to survive - I was just pointing out the agenda of the (lack of ) "Trust".

You have changed your tune to suit "YOUR" purpose.

Only a few months ago you were trying to shut the place down to get your 2 boab & a wee orange out of the club. :rolleyes:

Ps have you secured your contract as Massone's PR man yet :P

Houses for Almondvale, well on 3 sides anyway, planning application Here.

Click on the little pics on the top left for better layouts.

A £40 million project already approved, seems high for what is in the plans? Maybe they haven't shown all the houses.

Funnily enough on this page it is a £19 million project.

Call me paranoid, but that scheme was done for a house builder called Glaedale link and Glaedale are owned by Italian property magnate, Remo Dipre. link :o

Edited by KingfaetheSooth

MCL - there's a perfectly valid argument for thinking that the club is fucked either way under Massone and its in the best long-term interests of the club to get rid of him before doing anything else.

It's not a point-of-view you agree with, that's obviously fair enough, but your continuous determination not just to disagree but to criticise the motives of those who do see it that way is unwarranted and isn't doing anything for your credibility on the thread.

Don't be fooled & please be aware MCL has personal issues against some of the current LFL board & can't see past that for the greater good of Livingston FC. Sadly he fails to points this out to many people on here.

And now the Evening News reports that Rankine & MacDougall are getting it on to save Livi.. and raise £500k (apparently.. not confirmed... "source" etc etc) to offer creditors probably less than 50p in £. http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Re...ston.5443532.jp

No mention of the source... may be Traveller Man? Reliable - or just someone flying a kite to see who else jumps on board with cash? If true, will Trust run from McDougall given they don't support Rankine?

Again - appears full debts being avoided - some nonsense about Administration wanting to be avoided - and agreeing less debts with all creditors. Surely the Council would not accept this, as itwoul create a very dangerous precedent for what is acceptable to all those peope who are in arrears to it.

A RESCUE package for Livingston worth £500,000 could be on the table next week as Neil Rankine and Gordon McDougall team up to save the club from administration.

It's understood from sources that the pair are expected to raise the cash and will offer creditors 50 per cent of their debts as they would receive nothing if the club went bust.

Rankine says chairman Angelo Massone must stand down if the club is to survive but one of the main sticking points of any deal is the Italian's demands. He owns 76 per cent of the shareholding and says he has invested £500,000 in the club which he wants back.

Rankine met with a group of fans and Livingston MSP Angela Constance this week without the presence of Massone in a bid to take a possible deal forward.

A source said: "Even £500,000 might not be enough to save the club which has debts of at least £1.35 million. Mr Massone wants his creditors to accept reduced offers because they won't get a penny if it goes into administration, so he must be willing to accept at least half of what he wants.

"Even if all the debts were halved, it still might not be enough to save the club from administrators and that's not what anyone wants. There will be £500,000 on the table for a deal next week. That's all that can be raised to save the club. Whether it's enough we don't know yet."

Duncan, how do you feel about Dundees situation? Considering they were in administration previously and have now walked away from a further reported debt of £7 million for roughly £1M (obviously we don't know exact figures but these seem to be the accepted rough ballpark) thus twicw not paying what they owe, does this differ from Livi?

I accept that Dundee were servicing their debt and were just in the "fortunate" position to do this, but does it make a difference that it was a "faceless bank" they owed money to and not local small businesses and creditors. I know you got shafted in the last bout of Livi administration, and I'm not trying to defend them in any way, but I'm just wondering what the difference is between an old established club shafting creditors and a relatively new one.

While i'm certainly not proud of what happened in 2002, the latest write off is a bit different. Our Chairman Bob Brannan, offered, in exchange for the debt reduction, to run a £100million plus business deal from another company through the bank. We certainly didn't back them into a corner and say here's what you're getting, take it or leave it. I would imagine the money the bank made out of this business deal is close to, or possibly more than, what was due to them by Dundee.

Like i say, i'm far from proud of the fact that we dodged a bullet in 2002, and i certainly won't be joining the more "controversial" Dees posters on here crowing about being free of bank debt and having money to spend now. I'm just glad we came through and we're in a position where we have an opportunity to get to the SPL.

There are also a few differences between how the fans of the respective clubs have reacted. Almost immediately Dundee fans formed a trust (dee4life) and embarked on a massive amount of fundraising activities. More importantly there was no real division amongst the support. Contract this to Livi, who don't appear to have done much fundraising and who from the outside anyway, can scarcely agree on the colour of shite. The one thing a clubs fans absolutely must do in these situations is unite. We did, Morton did when they were in the shit, and unless Livi do, they're utterly fucked.

The only two outcomes were Livvy ceasing to exist, or Livvy not paying their debt. You can add a third element to the old phrase about the certainties in life.....

There will be death, there will be taxes, and Livingston FC will not honour their debts.

They will get through this by applying their tried and trusted method of "if you don't accept this, then you are getting nothing". That an assetless outfit should yet agin be allowed to think they call the shots is truely amazing.

I'm really interested in who is going give them a line of credit in the future. My wee company were approached 2 years ago wrt warranty on work previously done (but never paid for). Oh how I laughed. I was then told to proceed with the work (£2,200 for parts and labour) and submit an invoice. I declined. I wanted the money up front. I was told I could have a cheque same day as "satisfactory completion of the work". I declined, and said once more that I wanted money up front. I never heard from them again, and there is no doubt that in my mind that had I done the work, they would not have paid up. I was dealing with thieves masquerading as a company. It remains that way to the present day.

I hope the council (and the councillors who benefit from this sham continuing), have the standards of decency that their office demands, and take the sale of the stadium off the table, or set it at something like £4 million. I'd also love to know if a council who don't get the money they are owed are still willing to offer a 66% reduction in rent.........that would be truly comical.

That is what MacDougall and Rankine want.......the stadium. I am pretty confident that if they get it, it won't be in the hands of Livingston FC for very long. It will form an asset, and as previously discussed, Livvy lose all of their bargaining chips when they have assets. It would of course, transfer to a holding company, and would never ever belong to Livingston FC. I think I can predict with some confidence that the club will move to a mini concrete stadium somewhere in the sticks, and Almondvale will be re-developed.

Once gone from the centre of the town, the club might not die, but it will most certainly fade away.........like any plans for it to be "community based". Just watch and see what unfolds. It just might be the new owners and their latest interpretation of Livvy's brave new world that actually bring the club to its knees in the longer term. That too might have barrowloads of comedy to offer the general public.

Guest Wall E
And now the Evening News reports that Rankine & MacDougall are getting it on to save Livi.. and raise £500k (apparently.. not confirmed... "source" etc etc) to offer creditors probably less than 50p in £. http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Re...ston.5443532.jp

No mention of the source... may be Traveller Man? Reliable - or just someone flying a kite to see who else jumps on board with cash? If true, will Trust run from McDougall given they don't support Rankine?

Again - appears full debts being avoided - some nonsense about Administration wanting to be avoided - and agreeing less debts with all creditors. Surely the Council would not accept this, as itwoul create a very dangerous precedent for what is acceptable to all those peope who are in arrears to it.

A RESCUE package for Livingston worth £500,000 could be on the table next week as Neil Rankine and Gordon McDougall team up to save the club from administration.

It's understood from sources that the pair are expected to raise the cash and will offer creditors 50 per cent of their debts as they would receive nothing if the club went bust.

Rankine says chairman Angelo Massone must stand down if the club is to survive but one of the main sticking points of any deal is the Italian's demands. He owns 76 per cent of the shareholding and says he has invested £500,000 in the club which he wants back.

Rankine met with a group of fans and Livingston MSP Angela Constance this week without the presence of Massone in a bid to take a possible deal forward.

A source said: "Even £500,000 might not be enough to save the club which has debts of at least £1.35 million. Mr Massone wants his creditors to accept reduced offers because they won't get a penny if it goes into administration, so he must be willing to accept at least half of what he wants.

"Even if all the debts were halved, it still might not be enough to save the club from administrators and that's not what anyone wants. There will be £500,000 on the table for a deal next week. That's all that can be raised to save the club. Whether it's enough we don't know yet."

The quotes from the source for that article are straight out of Rankine central casting. 70k? 500k? 1.35m? It's all utter nonsense that looks like it's been cobbled together on the back of a fag packet..

You have changed your tune to suit "YOUR" purpose.

Only a few months ago you were trying to shut the place down to get your 2 boab & a wee orange out of the club. :rolleyes:

Ps have you secured your contract as Massone's PR man yet :P

"MY" purpose ?

I wasn't trying to shut the place down, I was trying to recover the money due to my company (successfully :D)

2 boab and a wee orange worth eighteen hundred quid ?? :lol:

No I don't have the contract. I think the PR position is redundant :lol:

If I can manage I'll be down at the stadium tomorrow to do some work to get the safety certificate to keep the club playing football at Almondvale (unpaid Penelope !!) Will I see you there Big Man ?? :P

The quotes from the source for that article are straight out of Rankine central casting. 70k? 500k? 1.35m? It's all utter nonsense that looks like it's been cobbled together on the back of a fag packet..

I'll laugh like a drain if Rankine gets control just to see you backing the wrong horse again :lol:

Most rescue and takeover deals are done on the back of a fag packet. If you don't think that's true, have a look at the RBS/ABN AMRO deal. If proper due diligence had been done there RBS would not have bought a monumental pup!

Errrmm. Didn't we back a fairly unpopular course of action a wee while back? It was popular in Airdrie, granted.

Well, yes. But it's been uncomfortable ever since :)

Well, yes. But it's been uncomfortable ever since :)

If these people are prepared to put half a million into livingston, it is simply because they see the possibility to take a lot more than half a million out of it..........an awful lot more. It'll require an insider or two on the council, but hey, does anyone think that is difficult?

Their ground represents one of the very few left in the country that isn't untouchable, or is already part of a charitable trust or owned by someone other than the resident club (by that I mean a private venture).

All it needs is the right quantities of money to wing its way to the right people.

Of course, the fans are now totally behind the idea of the club living within its means, so if new owners come in and slash the playing budget by £5k a week, no-one will object to that or the subsequent impact on performances.

Edited by Guest

"MY" purpose ?

I wasn't trying to shut the place down, I was trying to recover the money due to my company (successfully :D )

2 boab and a wee orange worth eighteen hundred quid ?? :lol:

No I don't have the contract. I think the PR position is redundant :lol:

If I can manage I'll be down at the stadium tomorrow to do some work to get the safety certificate to keep the club playing football at Almondvale (unpaid Penelope !!) Will I see you there Big Man ?? :P

Yup "YOUR" purpose. Yes, you threatened to shut the place down all these people you seem friendly with & you feel so sorry for would have got hee haw due to your actions, but you never seemed very bothered at that point - funny that.

I will not be any where near Almondvale tomorrow or any other dayuntil Massone leaves end of. You in the other hand will do anything for a publicity stunt,but feed people p!sh it's because you want to help the club. You have not put a penny into the club over recent seasons. The best way for you to help would be to pump money in as business sponsorship for your business - yeh right :rolleyes:

Your advert for PR work not working yet - I'll piss my pants if someone took you on as there PR "man"

clydebank should replace them

THE REAL ONES!

I really hope they do get back at some point, when they think they are ready. Just now they are not. Have you not noticed that there are no Clydebank fans posting? Either looking for a quick demise at Livi or looking for any potential vacancy.

Yup "YOUR" purpose. Yes, you threatened to shut the place down all these people you seem friendly with & you feel so sorry for would have got hee haw due to your actions, but you never seemed very bothered at that point - funny that.

I will not be any where near Almondvale tomorrow or any other dayuntil Massone leaves end of. You in the other hand will do anything for a publicity stunt,but feed people p!sh it's because you want to help the club. You have not put a penny into the club over recent seasons. The best way for you to help would be to pump money in as business sponsorship for your business - yeh right :rolleyes:

Your advert for PR work not working yet - I'll piss my pants if someone took you on as there PR "man"

You really shouldn't believe everything you read in the papers :lol:

I was asked by the reporter what my options were and they picked up on the freezing the bank account one. I went for the option of sending in the bailiffs to poind some stuff for auction to recover my money. That was the best option for me and didn't affect the staff. I was paid from Massone's private credit card.

I'm not a PR person so I don't get why you would think I would be after a PR contract ?