Livingston - all the threads merged

Just had a look at the Livi Lions forum, thier fans are posting on what they will do on a Saturday if the club does fold.

I am aware that there is another Livi thread, it is dealing with what went wrong, what is going to happen, who's to blame blah, blah, blah.

This post is about thier fans, the people who go every week, the mums and dads who take their kids and even the feckin annoying drummer!

I have never been a fan of the club, really despised them the season we went down, but for the fans sake I truly wish them all the best and hope they, somehow, get out of this mess.

Just had a look at the Livi Lions forum, thier fans are posting on what they will do on a Saturday if the club does fold.

I am aware that there is another Livi thread, it is dealing with what went wrong, what is going to happen, who's to blame blah, blah, blah.

This post is about thier fans, the people who go every week, the mums and dads who take their kids and even the feckin annoying drummer!

I have never been a fan of the club, really despised them the season we went down, but for the fans sake I truly wish them all the best and hope they, somehow, get out of this mess.

Maybe they could run free buses from Almondvale to go and see Edinburgh City at Meadowbank!! :lol:

The statement on the official site is nothing short of disgraceful. To actually again tell the fans that he has the cash to clear the critical debts but hasn't done it so far is just kicking them when they're down.

Huge promises again but no answers to any questions. Given that the council have now said that he hasn't been in touch (BBC website), it would again appear that he doesn't see them as a threat to his masterplan..after all, everyone knows that the council have to accept their offer...don't they??? :huh:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Co...-bid.5456020.jp

The local authority is intent to continue legal action after Livingston chairman Angelo Massone was unable to find almost £300,000 in unpaid rent for Almondvale Stadium. The legal process was set in motion 13 days ago and is expected to reach the Court of Session, the highest civil court in the land, by Thursday.

Has anything happened since this was reported yesterday? The EEN was reporting that the club will be placed into administration later this week.

Also it says in one of todays rags,(sun or record) they have a stay of execution due to WLC not having papers ready. How long will this episode run. :rolleyes:

Oh.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/low/football/...ton/8152805.stm

There's nothing on the beeb about that. It had WLC saying:

17:29 GMT, Wednesday, 15 July 2009 18:29 UK

"The club was given a deadline of 30 June six months ago and we took the matter to court two weeks ago," said a council spokesman.

"It is now out of our hands and up to the Court of Session whether it appoints an administrator or liquidator as it deems necessary."

Edited by Scary Bear

Oh.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/low/football/...ton/8152805.stm

There's nothing on the beeb about that. It had WLC saying:

17:29 GMT, Wednesday, 15 July 2009 18:29 UK

"The club was given a deadline of 30 June six months ago and we took the matter to court two weeks ago," said a council spokesman.

"It is now out of our hands and up to the Court of Session whether it appoints an administrator or liquidator as it deems necessary."

The council are talking pish, out of their hands my arse.

In any event, if for as unlikely as that is to be the case, then Massone would simply file a CVA Moratorium and the court actions would be put on hold.

Going from bad to worse . Massone really is a prize guy , does he really expect fans to buy season tickets or donate money whilst this is all going on . All the people I know that have bought season tickets on their Visa as the will get there money back if/when it goes "belly up"

Would the term "professional... UK firm of advisors" to negotiate on the club's behalf be a euphemism for "administrators", perhaps?

Perhaps they can get Kachloul back in his "business development manager" role.

He did a great job last time :rolleyes:

It opens ... "We would like to communicate to all supporters of Livingston Football Club that we are continuing tirelessly to do everything we possibly can to save the club"

A 2nd sentence missing there I think. "We would like to... but cannot".

Oh dear.. If only the Medowbank Thistle Fans' £80,000 bid to buy majoriy shareholding in the club from Hunter back in April 1994 had been accepted. All this heartache and wrenching from the poor poor Livi fans could have been avoided. That £80,000 was raised in a couple of weeks, a written offer made and declined by Hunter. If only he had said yes.... what could have been?

The Thistle fans united in the face of adversity and went to save the club with a real bid, no sugar daddy (nor pseudo sugar daddy)in the wings and a desire to live within their means.

Some people are learning the hard way about "supporting" a team.

Edited - change of Diversity to Adveristy - thank you Sergeant Wilson in 4129 for the editing advice! Most appreciated!

Edited by ObserverFromAfar

It opens ... "We would like to communicate to all supporters of Livingston Football Club that we are continuing tirelessly to do everything we possibly can to save the club"

Oh dear.. If only the Medowbank Thistle Fans' £80,000 bid to buy majoriy shareholding in the club from Hunter back in April 1994 had been accepted. All this heartache and wrenching from the poor poor Livi fans could have been avoided. That £80,000 was raised in a couple of weeks, a written offer made and declined by Hunter. If only he had said yes.... what could have been?

The Thistle fans united in the face of diversity and went to save the club with a real bid, no sugar daddy (nor pseudo sugar daddy)in the wings and a desire to live within their means.

United in the face of adversity? Maybe you were right, did they not like diversity? They don't sound very nice.

Sorry, couldn't resist, we know what you meant.

The phones are probably on 'incoming calls only' now anyway, so as long as the authorities make the call it should be ok.

So long as there's a volunteer in the office at Livi's end, that is.

Oh dear.. If only the Medowbank Thistle Fans' £80,000 bid to buy majoriy shareholding in the club from Hunter back in April 1994 had been accepted. All this heartache and wrenching from the poor poor Livi fans could have been avoided. That £80,000 was raised in a couple of weeks, a written offer made and declined by Hunter. If only he had said yes.... what could have been

The Thistle fans united in the face of diversity and went to save the club with a real bid, no sugar daddy (nor pseudo sugar daddy)in the wings and a desire to live within their means.

and 15 years later - I doubt the Livi fans could raise £1500 in 12 months!

The council are talking pish, out of their hands my arse.

In any event, if for as unlikely as that is to be the case, then Massone would simply file a CVA Moratorium and the court actions would be put on hold.

And if they proposed this at the liquidation hearing then they would likely be told by the Sheriff that he is not willing to let this happen due to the fact they had a CVA a few years ago and have proved that they are unable to run to a budget. A CVL or Court Liquidation is far more likely than a CVA in the case of Livi. This is added to the fact that 75% of the creditors in value have to agree to the CVA and there is no way that HMRC or WLC will accept that.

Edited by BishyTON

And if they proposed this at the liquidation hearing then they would likely be told by the Sheriff that he is not willing to let this happen due to the fact they had a CVA a few years ago and have proved that they are unable to run to a budget. A CVL or Court Liquidation is far more likely than a CVA in the case of Livi. This is added to the fact that 75% of the creditors in value have to agree to the CVA and there is no way that HMRC or WLC will accept that.

You are probably right, but what are the % debts. Doesn't Massone hold a significant part of the debt?

Also, the HMRC seem to be taking a less strict line with some clubs in England. That said, Livi is a complete basket case and if it does reach court I don't think their feet will touch the ground.