Livingston - all the threads merged

Guest penelope pitstop
AIUI the admistrator will still hold the lease, they didn't go to court to irritate the lease.

If the club is wound up then the lease will determine (excuse me if I use English phrases - the basic principles will be clear even if terminology is different).

In the meantime Livi will be in breach of their lease as there is bound to be a clause allowing the Landlord to end the lease if the club are in administration. In England you can get relief from this by paying the rent - however my understanding is that in Scotland you can't. Not that it matters too much as unless the rent and back rent are paid then either the administrator or the Landlord can end the lease at any time and it is unlikely that there are sufficient assets in Livingston FC to pay the back rent. If the Landlord decided therefore to foreclose then they could easily and probably with the agreement of the administrator.

So although the Lease is still in existance the control of it is now firmly with the Council. I anticipate that the Council have a very definite plan B in operation. That may be a variation of the lease with a new (probably already identified) buyer of the club or it may be a surrender of the lease and a regrant of a smaller area (one without the land which has planning for houses on it) to a new owner at a lower rent.

One thing I can say is the council's carefully worded mantra about safeguarding senior football is certainly being made with a definite plan as to what happens next behind it. Whether that plan comes to pass is a different matter as therre is a world of difference between interest in buying a club from administration and actually being able to do it.

In which case they could have saved the fee and partially invested it in a larger signing-on fee and wages. They'd still have got their man at a lower outlay.

I suppose it would depend on what other clubs were coming in for him. If a Championship club came in, you would imagine they could still trump Dundee on wages and signing on fee. Therefore it was still a gamble worth taking for Dundee.

Edited by qos_75

Massone does come across as a bit manic but even he must have reasoning for saying that the administration is not effective until 18th August. Without trying to insinuate that hes not fully up to speed does he know UK company law? Is he thinking that EU (Italian) regulations apply here?

Can anyone advise why he thinks this?

As for Chris Innes....the Pars need another defender..could be worth a punt?!

i do hope livi dont go but only so i can see griffiths scoring for fun against your joke of a club :D
i wouldnt mind dundee going for the following 2

Chris Innes

Keghan Jacobs

any team want armond one? haha donkey

What benevolent outlooks. Mon Inverness..

If the club is wound up then the lease will determine (excuse me if I use English phrases - the basic principles will be clear even if terminology is different).

In the meantime Livi will be in breach of their lease as there is bound to be a clause allowing the Landlord to end the lease if the club are in administration. In England you can get relief from this by paying the rent - however my understanding is that in Scotland you can't. Not that it matters too much as unless the rent and back rent are paid then either the administrator or the Landlord can end the lease at any time and it is unlikely that there are sufficient assets in Livingston FC to pay the back rent. If the Landlord decided therefore to foreclose then they could easily and probably with the agreement of the administrator.

So although the Lease is still in existance the control of it is now firmly with the Council. I anticipate that the Council have a very definite plan B in operation. That may be a variation of the lease with a new (probably already identified) buyer of the club or it may be a surrender of the lease and a regrant of a smaller area (one without the land which has planning for houses on it) to a new owner at a lower rent.

One thing I can say is the council's carefully worded mantra about safeguarding senior football is certainly being made with a definite plan as to what happens next behind it. Whether that plan comes to pass is a different matter as therre is a world of difference between interest in buying a club from administration and actually being able to do it.

Are the Council not in the driving seat though? They could dictate who they would be prepared to lease the stadium to. ie: they are happy to deal with the trust/McDougall but not Rankine.

There's still a hell opf a lot of horse trading to be done I imagine - I still wouldn't rule out someone buying the club and trying to persuade the SFL to transfer the league place. It has been done before by Jim Ballantyne and of course he is now on the Scottish Football League's management committee!

Though, I can't see how he can be involved because as Chairman of Airdrie United he obviously has a vested interest.

Technically Gretna were relegated because they wouldn't commit to fulfilling their fixtures for the next season. Livingston are still in a position to make that commitment, although I'm not sure where or who with.

Stuart

I am fairly sure I read in the papers some time ago that Livvy would definitely be relegated to division 3 if they went into administration again. Presumably the ever-efficient and on-the-ball SFL will issue a statement this afternoon clarifying the situation.

Now, am I going to have to cancel my plan to go to Palmerston tomorrow? Do Queens still have a game?

Massone does come across as a bit manic but even he must have reasoning for saying that the administration is not effective until 18th August. Without trying to insinuate that hes not fully up to speed does he know UK company law? Is he thinking that EU (Italian) regulations apply here?

Can anyone advise why he thinks this?

As for Chris Innes....the Pars need another defender..could be worth a punt?!

Worth noting; do not make him captain! He has been captain at both Gretna & Livi when the worst happened, the poor bloke will be paranoid about it now. :huh:

Can the SFL just not cut the pish and throw out this "football club" and replace them with one of the many decent teams from the non-league?

Enough is enough - second time in administration, no safety certificate, owner taking the pi55 out of anyone who attends the stadium and I could go on. IMHO, it is inevitable what will happen here - it's Gretna II and action should be taken now to try and save scottish football some face.

Time for action by the Hampden blazers - they could form a committee to discuss it!!!

Too many pages to read but will Airdrie now be promoted as a result of Livingston going into Admin?, I ask this because when Gretna went into admin they didn't get points deducted but were simply placed in Division 3 (well for a short period of time anyway!). Or since Livingston have went into Admin at such a late stage, will this mean a Division of 9 teams if they go bust?
Technically Gretna were relegated because they wouldn't commit to fulfilling their fixtures for the next season. Livingston are still in a position to make that commitment, although I'm not sure where or who with.

Stuart

As mentioned before, while it may well be that the administration situation influenced their thinking, it wasn't the reason for Gretna's demotion to the third division - that was because of the issues with Raydale.

Yes. The Council now own the freehold and can do as they see fit. Housing possibly with a smaller stadium for a community football club and maybe even speedway/stock car racing on the edge of the town?

Some of the land around already has planning permission. If you want to know the full story - read the thread entitled 'any comments', posted by RedV on livilions - and particularly the posts by 'the watcher' who uncovered why everyone is so interested in acquiring Livingston FC. ;)

West Lothian Council were a major player in bringing Meadowbank Thistle to Livingston - they have a serious amount of egg on their faces now too. They can't now just disown the club and pretend it doesn't exist. What a shambles!

According to someone on livilions who was at the court - the club have been placed in administration and Massone was there with a face ready to burst. No doubt details will emerge over the coming hours and days - this will run and run.....

Some of the land around already has planning permission. If you want to know the full story - read the thread entitled 'any comments', posted by RedV on livilions - and particularly the posts by 'the watcher' who uncovered why everyone is so interested in acquiring Livingston FC. ;)

Can you summarise? I have always wondered why this club gets so much acquisition attention! :huh:

Can you summarise? I have always wondered why this club gets so much acquisition attention! :huh:

Very simply, some of the adjacent land for which planning permission has been granted for housing includes a parcel of land that comes within the stadium lease.

Penelope Pitstop on here (the watcher on livilions) has studied this in more detail.

SOLUTION

1 Rearrange three divisions into two of 14 and 16 - based on last year's standings

2 Drop Livingston to the bottom division of 16

3 Set out new fixture list by Monday

4 Play three times instead of 4 - another step to alleviate the tedious nature of small leagues

Everyone wins and only Livingston loses

Did he beat Flynn in today's other court battle?

you mean there is something about Livi you don't know!! :o

I presume that if Livi go down you will become a non poster on here. I've had a wee look at your almost 400 posts and all but a handful are about Livi. I wonder what your agenda is. Ever post on Livilions?

How is Kelty Hearts getting on? :rolleyes:

I know someone who was interested in buying the club before Mr Massone came along and he had major plans for the stadium and club that would have increased revenue.

However, when doing due diligence, the books were a complete nightmare and also the council were being a bit funny about using the stadium for different purposes.

Thus his interest was withdrawn and he spent his money somewhere else.