Livingston - all the threads merged

Am I right in thinking that the first thing the SFL will do is get in touch with the administrators and ask them to confirm that Livi will be able to complete all of this seasons fixtures...i think they'll play this week as its too late to call anything off now.

I really feel for the Livi supporters this morning..even after being put into admin he's still spouting that its scandalous. If he'd paid the bills, or even tried to deal with creditors better, they wouldn't be in this position.

Now the big question is, what do the SFL do.

Will it be a points deduction. Will it be relegation. Or will they be thrown out of the league.

Sorry to read this. I never liked Livi after what they did to us when we were in trouble, but i do genuinely feel sorry for their supporters.

Would imagine it'll be a points deduction, can't recall a team ever being relegated for going into administration.

Can't wait to read a full statement from Don Massone about this.

Guest Flash

Posted this before, but this is from SFL Rules

76.2 The Management Committee shall also have full power to deal with as it thinks fit, including power to deduct championship points before or during a season and/or to impose a player registration embargo on any club guilty of conduct contrary to the interests of the League and its member clubs or any registered player or former registered player, or potentially likely to prejudice the orderly progress of the League Championship and/or the League Challenge Cup

competition in any season.

Such conduct, for the avoidance of doubt, may include a club in or going into Administration, Liquidation, Receivership, Sequestration or any other insolvency procedure by whatever means or having a Judicial Factor appointed to its undertaking. For the further avoidance of doubt, a club in or going into any such procedure will remain responsible for the purposes of this Rule for the conduct of its undertaking by any Administrator, Liquidator, Receiver, Trustee in Sequestration, Judicial Factor or other such officer appointed to it.

Gives pretty wide scope to do just about anything. Or nothing.

Edited by Flash

But Massone said: "If one party is killing this football club it's the council. This decision to apply to put the club into administration is a disaster.

"Only 10 days ago I deposited £350,000 in my bank account and put a serious business plan in front of the council. I offered to pay them £100,000 immediately but they refused.

"I mean, there's a credit crunch on and they refused £100,000? "Maybe they have another project in mind for the stadium at Almondvale. They wrote me letters and said they would not start any legal proceedings without contacting me first and yet they didn't even tell me about this.

"I want to save this club and I have been speaking very seriously with people about third-party involvement. But this move from the council is the way to kill the club."

Marvellous quotes from Mental Massone.

Now the big question is, what do the SFL do.

Will it be a points deduction. Will it be relegation. Or will they be thrown out of the league.

Sorry to read this. I never liked Livi after what they did to us when we were in trouble, but i do genuinely feel sorry for their supporters.

Points deduction will do nicely... :)

KftS is right about something (I know, I couldn't believe it either) as any decision from the SFL will be based on self-interest... and quite rightly as well. The SFL are there to protect the interests of all 30 clubs, not just the one that can't be arsed to pay their way.

EDIT: Sky Sports News now confirming that Livingston are indeed back in administration...

Edited by The Naitch

KftS is right about something (I know, I couldn't believe it either) as any decision from the SFL will be based on self-interest... and quite rightly as well. The SFL are there to protect the interests of all 30 clubs, not just the one that can't be arsed to pay their way.

It will be down to the Management Committee to meet and decide what to do. (The six elected members and the President and Vice President)

The thing is that there will be in all probability be a wide variance on what action to take by the blazers. I reckon that so close to the start of the season - points deduction is indeed probable. They'll want to hear what the administration manager says first though.

I'm not expecting a quick decision most knowledgeable one....

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/news.php

Big news story seems to be they won against Plymouth. One of the first things that happened down at Gretna was that their website went quiet and blacked out. I'm dreadfully disappointed not to visit the Livvy website and see a story from Massone along the lines of "They are out to get us, the infidels of hatred, but they will never defeat us, we will fight them on the beaches..."

According to Livilions they are in admin now.

And SSN have it on their breaking news bar now

Rovers called Livingston to instigate that triple sale. It was all us. Not Livvy's fault.

I'd echo the sympathies felt for Livingston supporters however. Hey, at least you can go back to supporting whoever you did before the Lions foundation.

Edited by raith_94

Anyone know everyone who is on is on the SFL Management Council?

Brown McMaster/Donald MacIntyre/Jim Ballantyne obviously - but who else?

edited to add: David Thomson/Anton Fagan(admin guy but probably not on the management committee?)/Derek Kirkwood/David Longmuir (though not sure the CEO is on the management committee?)

Any more?

Edited by KingfaetheSooth

Guest Flash

Don't know, but all of them don't have to attend a meeting - they only need 4.

I'm dreadfully disappointed not to visit the Livvy website and see a story from Massone along the lines of "They are out to get us, the infidels of hatred, but they will never defeat us, we will fight them on the beaches..."

I see Massone's last appointment before administration was a new PR guru

comical_ali.jpg

There is no panic, Livingston will win the SPL next season , the Champions League the season after that then we will crush all before us...

You've got to feel sorry for the fans that have spent years and money following the team that they love, and that could all be taken away from them in the coming months due to their catastrophic owner. We were in a similar position months ago and managed to resolve it, so I hope for the fans' sake the club pulls through and gut the board.

Good luck.

You've got to feel sorry for the fans that have spent years and money following the team that they love, and that could all be taken away from them in the coming months due to their catastrophic owner. We were in a similar position months ago and managed to resolve it, so I hope for the fans' sake the club pulls through and gut the board.

Good luck.

I genuinely feel for the fans too, but I also sincerely hope the club do not fcuking pull through.....into administration twice in 14 years? GTF.

Edit to add: With their history involving twats like Massone and Flynn, and buying success on shifting sands....Dominic Keane and fud lottery losers....leaving a trail of massive debt again? Aye, let's pray they 'pull through' to carry on being c***s of the highest order again. Put them to sleep, please, someone.

Edited by pozbaird

edited to add: David Thomson/Anton Fagan(admin guy)/Derek Kirkwood/Derek Longmuir. Any more?

Wasn't he in the Bay City Rollers? :ph34r: