Livingston - all the threads merged

So, the SFL don't have a concrete set of rules as to what to do if a club is placed in administration? Am I alone in thinking that's a bit amateurish?

Even with concrete rules they need to have a set of balls to see they're adhered to and decisions are taken.

Don't think so- I think only if the contracts have been broken are they allowed to go. They are still 'assets' of Livingston and the administrators will put them up for sale to get money. Unless anyone can correct me....

Some of us had this Arguement with the Clyde situation. If you have no money to pay wages, you cannot hold on to your "assets" until they are sold. Other clubs hanging around will also be unwilling to pay any money if they can hold on for a few weeks and get the players on a free. Once the players are freed, then they can be signed at any point during the season so no transfer window worries there. Only a mentallist would offer to buy any Livi player right now instead of saving their pennies for a signing-on fee bidding war.

Some of us had this Arguement with the Clyde situation. If you have no money to pay wages, you cannot hold on to your "assets" until they are sold. Other clubs hanging around will also be unwilling to pay any money if they can hold on for a few weeks and get the players on a free. Once the players are freed, then they can be signed at any point during the season so no transfer window worries there. Only a mentallist would offer to buy any Livi player right now instead of saving their pennies for a signing-on fee bidding war.

Given that players can ostensibly leave for free at the end of their contracts, and the value of any given player is conjecture, it's hard to see how they can be valued as assets.

This may have been asked but would all Livi players be available of a free transfer?
I'm not sure either to be honest. I'm really surprised that they had retained a squad anyway, given the writing has been on the wall for months. Surely they could have buggered off earlier anyway, for breach of contract, due to the wages constantly being paid late.
Surely not, Livi have very few assets beyond their playing squad and although the term 'fire sale' springs to mind I doubt that they'll be available for free .
Don't think so- I think only if the contracts have been broken are they allowed to go. They are still 'assets' of Livingston and the administrators will put them up for sale to get money. Unless anyone can correct me....

They're still contracted to the club and not available as it stands, so it depends what the administrator says from here.

However, in the absence of any of them being worth very much, for the most part I think it's highly likely he'll decide they can't afford to sustain their current contracts, in which case they can either take a somewhat lower offer or they'll be free to find themselves other clubs - Livi wouldn't be able to demand a fee for them in those circumstances.

From the interim managers website.

Following a Petition by West Lothian Council for non-payment of rent on Almondvale Stadium, Donald McGruther, of the Glasgow office of international accountancy firm Mazars, was today appointed Interim Manager under the Insolvency Act 1986, of Livingston Football Club Ltd at the Court of Session.

Parties interested in the purchase of the assets of the club and the continuation of football at Almondvale should seek immediate contact with the Interim Manager with a view to an early sale.

Mr McGruther was previously Liquidator of Falkirk F.C. in 1997/98, which was returned to full health and all the creditors paid in full following a successful purchase.

McGruther commented “We are working hard to preserve the value of Livingston and produce a positive outcome for all. We thank fans in advance for their continued support in this turbulent period.”

massone is denying the club are in admin to some supporters as well

he is saying it is not effective till the 18th August

I think the looney bin are looking for him right now

Massone get back to rome and leave us alone you insane penniless liar

He wants to milk the limelight as long as he can, He probably doesn't want to go back to being a nobody again, mind you he did say he would come back to Scotland & take over another club! :lol: I wonder who he has in mind.

They're still contracted to the club and not available as it stands, so it depends what the administrator says from here.

However, in the absence of any of them being worth very much, for the most part I think it's highly likely he'll decide they can't afford to sustain their current contracts, in which case they can either take a somewhat lower offer or they'll be free to find themselves other clubs - Livi wouldn't be able to demand a fee for them in those circumstances.

Looks like Chris Innes is running out of clubs to hawk his mercenary wares to. :D

He wants to milk the limelight as long as he can, He probably doesn't want to go back to being a nobody again, mind you he did say he would come back to Scotland & take over another club! :lol: I wonder who he has in mind.

Did he beat Flynn in today's other court battle?

Dundee must feel rather stupid for paying for Griffiths when they could just have got him for free sooner rather than later.

What happened to that money? I realise it will be paid in instalments but nonetheless it should count for something. Fair point you raise though, spending that amount of cash on a player from a dying team does seem rather hasty.

What happened to that money? I realise it will be paid in instalments but nonetheless it should count for something. Fair point you raise though, spending that amount of cash on a player from a dying team does seem rather hasty.

Were the players' wages paid in June? Whatever they received must have went to cover running costs, and the rest disappear into the night.

Dundee must feel rather stupid for paying for Griffiths when they could just have got him for free sooner rather than later.

Not really. Had they waited for hime to become available, every man and their dog would have been in for him, thus the chances of him going to Dundee, would have been greatly reduced.

Too many pages to read but will Airdrie now be promoted as a result of Livingston going into Admin?, I ask this because when Gretna went into admin they didn't get points deducted but were simply placed in Division 3 (well for a short period of time anyway!). Or since Livingston have went into Admin at such a late stage, will this mean a Division of 9 teams if they go bust?

Not really. Had they waited for hime to become available, every man and their dog would have been in for him, thus the chances of him going to Dundee, would have been greatly reduced.

In which case they could have saved the fee and partially invested it in a larger signing-on fee and wages. They'd still have got their man at a lower outlay.

Given that players can ostensibly leave for free at the end of their contracts, and the value of any given player is conjecture, it's hard to see how they can be valued as assets.

It depends. When Airdrieonians were placed in administration, KPMG sacked all but 3 of players as soon as the season was over.

Of the remaining 3, Austin McCann and Alex Neill were sold to other clubs (Hearts and Barnsley respectively). The last, Eddie Forrest, wasn't let go because Airdrie still owed Stirling Albion compo for him.

I remember Sandy Stewart ended up working as a labourer before signing for Partick. I imagine things are a bit different for him now he's assistant at a newly promoted EPL club.

Stuart

Too many pages to read but will Airdrie now be promoted as a result of Livingston going into Admin?, I ask this because when Gretna went into admin they didn't get points deducted but were simply placed in Division 3 (well for a short period of time anyway!). Or since Livingston have went into Admin at such a late stage, will this mean a Division of 9 teams if they go bust?

Technically Gretna were relegated because they wouldn't commit to fulfilling their fixtures for the next season. Livingston are still in a position to make that commitment, although I'm not sure where or who with.

Stuart