Livingston - all the threads merged

I tell you what, if this does go ahead, and is under the auspicies of what the councils statement says, i would be pretty pissed off as a creditor as well as a council tax payer.

God, it is possible to assume there could be some insider trading going on here. Under those terms from the council, i very much doubt any court would sanction this.

How long do these sorts of cases take? I mean, are we likely to hear any kind of outcome tomorrow?

This is only guesswork so, for what it is worth, here is my guess. The hearing will be deferred for a month in order that a small inconsistency can be clarified. The history of this hardly points to a snap decision.

This is only guesswork so, for what it is worth, here is my guess. The hearing will be deferred for a month in order that a small inconsistency can be clarified. The history of this hardly points to a snap decision.

Exactly as I see it.

Or Massone files a CVA just to noise everyone up

Yeah, I suppose it would. But that's up to them (and possibly to the council tax payers of West Lothian). If they're given some sort of punishment by the league and, much more importantly, run from hereon in a responsible manner and within their budget whatever that entails then I wouldn't have a big problem with it, at least insofar as it's difficult to see what more could be done from where we are now.

Yes, of course it's up to them and the locals, but if the same thing was happening in Fife with some sports club that I wasn't too fussed about, I'd be pretty angry at public money going that way. Just because it isn't in our own area doesn't mean we shouldn't feel some anger about it. I'd be happy to see the club survive in the sustainable manner you describe, but with the council owning the ground and Livingston, in whatever form they may take, having pretty much no option to play anywhere other than Almondvale, the council must surely be in quite a decent position to dictate terms to whoever it is that might take over the club. Instead, it seems that not only are they prepared to put little effort into pursuing what they're owed, they are willing ot greatly reduce future rent. I just don't think it's on for a public body to behave like that.

I'd be amazed if a decision is made on the day. This things dragged on longer than king dongs walloper after a double leg amputation.

I suspect that we will be well into the season before anything happens. Eiother that or a deal is done very quickly which preserves the status quo with WLC, the Trust and McDougall taking over, the SFA remaining silent and Livi continuing in Div 1.

Either way I think they'll get away with it.

ANGELO MASSONE last night launched a stinging attack on West Lothian Council as they prepare to pull the plug on his reign at Livingston.

The Italian owner is refusing to go quietly after the council finally made their move to put the club into administration.

The court of session in Edinburgh will be asked to act this morning after local politicians ran out of patience, with the club £330,000 in debt after failing to pay rent, rates and building insurance.

The SFL are monitoring the situation and Livi could even start the new season in the Third Division or with a 15-point deduction in the First.

But Massone said: "If one party is killing this football club it's the council. This decision to apply to put the club into administration is a disaster.

"Only 10 days ago I deposited £350,000 in my bank account and put a serious business plan in front of the council. I offered to pay them £100,000 immediately but they refused.

"I mean, there's a credit crunch on and they refused £100,000? "Maybe they have another project in mind for the stadium at Almondvale. They wrote me letters and said they would not start any legal proceedings without contacting me first and yet they didn't even tell me about this.

"I want to save this club and I have been speaking very seriously with people about third-party involvement. But this move from the council is the way to kill the club."

But council leader Peter Johnston said: "A secure future for senior football in West Lothian remains our priority and we have taken this legal action with great reluctance.

"However, we have a clear duty to all residents and businesses in West Lothian to make every effort to ensure the debt is repaid."

Potential saviour Gordon McDougall is ready to move immediately, while former Dumbarton chairman Neil Rankine is also keen to take over the club.

McDougall said: "I'm aware of the situation and hope things work out well for the club."

Livi are due to travel to Queen of the South tomorrow in the Challenge Cup and there are no fears about the game at this stage.

The mans a fruit cake

Or Massone files a CVA just to noise everyone up

Seems to be the case according to one of the rags

"Cash strapped Livi have struck a life saving CVA which will allow Livi to carry on for now "

Edited by Rovers_Lad

I'd be amazed if a decision is made on the day. This things dragged on longer than king dongs walloper after a double leg amputation.

I suspect that we will be well into the season before anything happens. Eiother that or a deal is done very quickly which preserves the status quo with WLC, the Trust and McDougall taking over, the SFA remaining silent and Livi continuing in Div 1.

Either way I think they'll get away with it.

You are right the SFL will remain silent. They must be wetting themselves at the thought of making a decision.

I still cannot believe that Gordon McDoog will be involved with this lot - if he is Livy will stay in the third division or if they have a good season, the second but they will never see the first again but at least they won't be in debt.

I tell you what, if this does go ahead, and is under the auspicies of what the councils statement says, i would be pretty pissed off as a creditor as well as a council tax payer.

God, it is possible to assume there could be some insider trading going on here. Under those terms from the council, i very much doubt any court would sanction this.

Rumour has it that a number of West Lothian businesses are watching developments with a view to instructing legal counsel.

Its the way they worded the statement that intrigues me. They should not, nor can i believe they can, suggest this is the way to preserve senior football in livingston without having some prior knowledge of outside interest that would be acceptable to the appointed administrators.

This statement just doesnt seem right to me, unless i have interpreted it incorrectly which i dont think i have. As a point of interest, does anyone get a vote on this. If administrators come in, dont they say what will and what will not be???.

Yes they do, but the deals will have been done already. He who pays the piper and all that, everyone has a price.

Massone said: "If one party is killing this football club it's the council. This decision to apply to put the club into administration is a disaster.

"Only 10 days ago I deposited £350,000 in my bank account and put a serious business plan in front of the council. I offered to pay them £100,000 immediately but they refused.

"I mean, there's a credit crunch on and they refused £100,000? "Maybe they have another project in mind for the stadium at Almondvale. They wrote me letters and said they would not start any legal proceedings without contacting me first and yet they didn't even tell me about this.

If ever there was a quote that summed the man up then this is it. He's a total idiot! If he had the money he should have paid what was due...numpty.

..and as for having plans for the stadium...maybe that him instead of the council. ;)

If ever there was a quote that summed the man up then this is it. He's a total idiot! If he had the money he should have paid what was due...numpty.

..and as for having plans for the stadium...maybe that him instead of the council. ;)

He couldn't give all the cash to the council as there are other creditors, he would have needed to distribute the cash ampongst them all pro-rata.

He definately had plans for the stadium.

ANGELO MASSONE last night launched a stinging attack on West Lothian Council as they prepare to pull the plug on his reign at Livingston.

Does no one proof read this buffoon's statements before he releases them? What a fuckwit.

He's got £350,000 sitting in his bank account, but WLC are only getting £100,000 of it. What a swampy.

Whatever the outcome is, it'll be messy and will probably drag on for some time. It's been said many times before but i think the Trust need to be looking at getting those fans who are serious about keeping a football team in Livingston and either look into investing in Livingston Juniors, or starting again from scratch. Very hard work, but at least you'll find out who the true fans are, as the hangers-on who can't be arsed with anything that might entail lower division/non-league football will f**k off back to supporting Rangers or Celtic from their living rooms.

Others will know more about my next point then me. IF Livi are wound up, i take it the Council own the stadium land, and can therefore do what they see fit with it, ie housing/retail development etc? If so, then i don't think they'll have too many qualms about taking serious action against Livi.

He couldn't give all the cash to the council as there are other creditors, he would have needed to distribute the cash ampongst them all pro-rata.

He definately had plans for the stadium.

Why? The club isnt in admin, surely he can choose which bills to pay and which not to. Isnt that what they've been doing all this time anyway?

That quote from Massone really is bizarre.