Livingston - all the threads merged

From BBC website

page last updated at 16:47 GMT, Monday, 27 July 2009 17:47 UK

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

League prepares for Livi demise

Livingston are in danger of going out of business this week

Second Division Airdrie United and Cowdenbeath of the Third Division would be the beneficiaries if Livingston go bust before the season begins.

BBC Scotland has learned that the Scottish Football League proposes to promote the two clubs, both of whom lost league play-offs last season.

There would not be enough time to add to the nine teams in Division Three.

Livi will go into liquidation unless owner Angelo Massone sells his shares for £25,000 by Wednesday lunchtime.

The Court of Session appointed administrator Mazars on Friday, following a move by the local council to recover £330,000 from the West Lothian club.

Livingston have been informed that they are in breach of the SFL rules regarding the potential disruption of the league programme.

If they do survive the threat of liquidation, the SFL could opt to deduct points or fine the First Division club, relegate them to the Third Division or expel them from the league.

Airdrie United finished second bottom of Division One in the last league campaign and were relegated when they lost the play-off final to Second Division Ayr United.

Cowdenbeath were beaten by Stenhousemuir in a penalty shoot-out in the Division Two play-off final.

............but this has been the default position of Livingston all along.................."take this sh1t offer or we will make sure you get nothing". In 2004, I attempted to go back and take the equipment from site that had not been paid for, and which I could prove had never been paid for. That way, they would only have to deal with my labour. When I went to the ground to speak with them, I was threatened with Police action unless I left the site immediately, and that possession was all that mattered.

All Massone is now doing is threatening the club with the same sort of behaviour as the club threatened creditors in 2004. This really is nothing more than "live by the sword, die by the sword" and any Livvy fan who thinks it isn't is simply ignoring their own history.

I should get angry at this but somehow I don't, as I've said before I understand where you are coming from & the only outcome for you to taste sweet revenge is for my club to die, I would never try to change your mind as you have your reasons, but remember we are still Livi fans & our club is on the brink of extinction, although you think this is what we deserve it still hurts like hell & to be honest I have never & still would never wish this on any club's fans. :(

Livingston are in danger of going out of business this week

Second Division Airdrie United and Cowdenbeath of the Third Division would be the beneficiaries if Livingston go bust before the season begins.

BBC Scotland has learned that the Scottish Football League proposes to promote the two clubs, both of whom lost league play-offs last season.

didn't Airdrie not come out and say they dont want to play in the first division, they've built a squad for the second & have a good chance of doing well rather than going up and getting pumped every week

also it's 12 DAYS till the start of the league!!! buses will be booked, hospitality sold, the SFL sat on their hands and waited, they can't turn around now and change it. The 3rd division clubs will have sold advertising and season tickets based on 18 games fans & companies will all start asking for money back (money that's probably already spent)

shambles

didn't Airdrie not come out and say they dont want to play in the first division, they've built a squad for the second & have a good chance of doing well rather than going up and getting pumped every week

also it's 12 DAYS till the start of the league!!! buses will be booked, hospitality sold, the SFL sat on their hands and waited, they can't turn around now and change it. The 3rd division clubs will have sold advertising and season tickets based on 18 games fans & companies will all start asking for money back (money that's probably already spent)

shambles

Some Airdrie fans on here have said that there has never been an official statement from the club as far as I know. TBH I don't think either Airdrie or Cowden would have much of a choice if we were told we were moving up a division.

It is a bit of a farce that this has been drawn on and on when 99% of the population knew what was going to happen.

shambles

I believe that's what most of Airdrie's fans think [citation needed]. The board would jump at the chance of going up though, simply due to the vastly superior crowds.

You are correct. It is a total shambles. The governing authorities have all the vision of Mr Magoo.

Disgrace.

Edited by Pesadilla

Really can't see Airdrie turning up their noses at a return again. Sure they'd much rather have teams which bring acceptable attendances as opposed to the 15 from Peterhead which is usual support.

I should get angry at this but somehow I don't, as I've said before I understand where you are coming from & the only outcome for you to taste sweet revenge is for my club to die, I would never try to change your mind as you have your reasons, but remember we are still Livi fans & our club is on the brink of extinction, although you think this is what we deserve it still hurts like hell & to be honest I have never & still would never wish this on any club's fans. :(

I can feel some sympathy for the Livi diehards but what is happening to you is what happened to the Meadowbank Thistle fans back in 1995.

You are correct. It is a total shambles. The governing authorities have off the vision of Mr Magoo.

Disgrace.

Because they've been sitting for months covering their eyes with their hands, hoping that all this nasty business would just go away on it's own.

I believe that's what most of Airdrie's fans think [citation needed]. The board would jump at the chance of going up though, simply due to the vastly superior crowds.

You are correct. It is a total shambles. The governing authorities have all the vision of Mr Magoo.

Disgrace.

And of course Ballantyne is on the SFL's Management Committee.

You can thank/berate him if/when you get bumped up to the SF1.

I can feel some sympathy for the Livi diehards but what is happening to you is what happened to the Meadowbank Thistle fans back in 1995.

Absolutely spot-on. The Livi fans are now feeling the pain that Meadowbank Thistle fans felt in 1994 when they lost their club.

What comes around and all that.

Hopefully it will be the MK Dongs next.... :ph34r:

Go away for a few days & everything with Livi changes. :(

Massone (if yer reading this) - please go now! :rolleyes:

i dont think he will go or sell his shares. so i think livi will go to the wall which is a shame for the fans but Massone has talked shite from the minute he got here. the best thing he can do is sell his shares and bugger off back to italy. he shouldve just stayed there in the first place

And of course Ballantyne is on the SFL's Management Committee.

You can thank/berate him if/when you get bumped up to the SF1.

Absolutely correct. I'm not sure what his stance was when Gretna went out of business, or indeed if that went to some sort of vote. He'll be berated in certain quarters whatever happens (if Livi where to go bust).

The only sensible option would be to run the first with 9 teams. It's far too late in the day to go changing fixture lists etc.

I, however, think Livi will be saved, one way or another, and start the season -15pts.

Absolutely spot-on. The Livi fans are now feeling the pain that Meadowbank Thistle fans felt in 1994 when they lost their club.

What comes around and all that.

Hopefully it will be the MK Dongs next.... :ph34r:

See just for one day, can you no' just give it a f****** rest!?

You've got what you want, at least have the decency to keep your fingers off that keyboard until Wednesday lunchtime when I officially have no reason ever to come on here again.

Ta' muchly.

Edited by Livi 293

I am surprised no one has mentioned this, BUT.

For a club without money, where is the administrator getting the £25k to pay Massone off.

The more i read about this in the press and etc, the more i am convinced a deal has been struck, even before the admins were called in and that the whole thing is yet another political sham.

What can Massolini realistically expect to walk away with by being stubborn? He wouldn't contemplate hanging about to get involved in some new club after putting "all that money" into the now limp, cooling corpse?

For a club without money, where is the administrator getting the £25k to pay Massone off.

Fear not, the administrator always gets paid. Liquidation usually helps.