Livingston - all the threads merged

The Livi trust don't have it in them to organise and run a club, that they are pissing about naming teddys for a couple of hundred pounds whilst the club needs tens if not hundreds of thousands to make it past tomorrow says it all. How much have they raised since the last bout of admin? (Lets discount the 12,000 for shares that are now worthless).

Just when we were all going to support kelty as well! We could have made you the third force in scottish football. :D

Hope they go to the wall. Bring nothing to anyone as do all Franchise clubs with no fanbase. Paid stupid money in the past which inflated the market putting everyone else under pressure. They can GTF for me. That will be two of the three gone bust in the last two years. Only ICT remain. Their downward spiral has begun but are sheltered with their location unfortunately or they would go the same way.

You really are a tedious c**t.

Next to the thread title on the menu of threads for the division is the number of posts on the thread. Click that and it tells you who made them.

I see I just scrape into the top 30, I thought Id posted more than 45 times on this issue. Oh well.

23 hours. :bounce4

I think the folk looking out their dancing shoes are way premature in this - there's a long way to go.

Don't forget that we were only 6 hours from extinction. Hitler wanted to sell only the club and keep the ground (or sell the ground to someone in his employment) so that he could keep receiving revenue from Morton even after parting company with them.

In the end he relented and sold the lot - probably fearing for his life if he went down as the man who caused a football club to go out of business.

Guest dedan
I was. Can't speak for him.You chose to read bitterness where there was none. Go read it again.
What I do not know is whether the Dundee Trust do indeed actually have some sort of veto power by agreement on certain issues or whether this suggestion is simply a misunderstanding of what a 26% shareholding means by some of their fans. I'd have thought the latter is more likely

Read it again and it's crystal clear,not a straight question but like I said a suggestion you knew better than Dundee fans what's going on at our club.You admit you don't know but then still presume to say you think you know better.

Guest maxwell5

Im sure Spartans would be the prepared side to join the league given such short notice.

I think we all new that Livingston wouldn't last, like Clyde and Gretna they we created in what can only be described as unsustainable cirumstances. People blame their current sudden demise on Massone but everyone knows that this clubs fan abandoned them as soon as the good times ceased. Fair enough all clubs who experience difficult times do see a slight drop in support but nothing compared to that suffered by Franchise Thistle.

On another note, does anyone have any ideas as to the name of the next Meadowbank Thitle re-incarnation, i propose Flynns Flyers FC ( a tribute to their fondly remembered former chairman)

I think the folk looking out their dancing shoes are way premature in this - there's a long way to go.

Don't forget that we were only 6 hours from extinction. Hitler wanted to sell only the club and keep the ground (or sell the ground to someone in his employment) so that he could keep receiving revenue from Morton even after parting company with them.

In the end he relented and sold the lot - probably fearing for his life if he went down as the man who caused a football club to go out of business.

Words of wisdom, not something easily found in a thread filled with bile, misplaced schadenfreude and fuckwittery of the worst order.

I do hope they survive, it would be best though for them to be placed in the third.

Edited by Tom McB

Hope they go to the wall. Bring nothing to anyone as do all Franchise clubs with no fanbase. Paid stupid money in the past which inflated the market putting everyone else under pressure. They can GTF for me. That will be two of the three gone bust in the last two years. Only ICT remain. Their downward spiral has begun but are sheltered with their location unfortunately or they would go the same way.

yes its sad isn't it?

Im sure Spartans would be the prepared side to join the league given such short notice.

I think we all new that Livingston wouldn't last, like Clyde and Gretna they we created in what can only be described as unsustainable cirumstances. )

Are you sure? Clyde were formed in 1877 and Gretna were formed in the 1946. Quite a good few years of unsustainability, I'm sure you would agree! :P

Edited by qos_75

Guest maxwell5
Are you sure, because Clyde were formed in 1877 and Gretna were formed in the 1946. Quite a good few years of unsustainability, I'm sure you would agree! :P

Ok so mabye not entirely correct. I mean they developed unsustainably. Gretna were no better than a pub team. Clyde moved to a new town full of inbreds and custard eaters who don't have a house never mind a hunger for football. The boardroom staff at these clubs spent money they didn't have in the hope that their clubs would grow into the new wage bills they have created, this was never going to happen. These sorts of clubs deserve to go to the wall and be fucked up against that wall, right up the shitter, no mercy.

All football teams are "franchises". In case you hadn't noticed.

Between him, northernscum, Caledonian118 and Rabies - we were well covered for obsessed stalkers last season. Looks like this season will see their collective obsession continue.

How is Raith Rovers a franchise? Other than the fact a local sports shop flogs our strips I can't see the similarities with McDonalds.

Between him, northernscum, Caledonian118 and Rabies - we were well covered for obsessed stalkers last season. Looks like this season will see their collective obsession continue.

Ooh, that's a good group. I wanna be in their gang.

Yoss - the point I was making is that if you describe Livingston as a franchise, then all football teams are franchises. What happened to Livingston has happened far more successfully hundreds of times. It's how teams develop and evolve. Arsenal are the obvious example. Nobody calls Arsenal "Franchise FC". It's a cheap shot by people who don't understand sporting franchises - or the history of football - at a club which doesn't need cheap shots.

How is Raith Rovers a franchise? Other than the fact a local sports shop flogs our strips I can't see the similarities with McDonalds.

The key asset is 'membership' or 'share' in the governing body. Clubs have been bought, their identities changed, and locations shifted. They may be in the minority, but I doubt that there many clubs in existence whose initial identity (corporate or otherwise) has remained constant even if the original name and home town location hasn't been changed. In that sense, similar to American sports, the term franchise has some validity.