Livingston - all the threads merged

Paul Martin article from the Daily Rantic

Kenny Black piece in the Scotsman

I reckon they'll be more to follow from other clubs in the next few days. It's far from over.

You should buy the paper version to see the cracking pic used ;) Also the Daily Mail has a nice pic and the first interview with John Murphy since we were saved on Thursday.

Paul Martin article from the Daily Rantic

Kenny Black piece in the Scotsman

I reckon they'll be more to follow from other clubs in the next few days. It's far from over.

It's a slightly surprising thing for Kenny Black to say and an even odder headline for the Scotsman to go with considering his Chairman is head of the Leage Management Committee that made the decision.

Thats Livingston just paid £50,000 to Massone, then they have the players wages today, a bus to Coatbridge (unless they are still taking cars), plus all the other overheads, then they have the long trip up to Dingwall, when is money going to start to come in ?, how the fcuk can they survive. :angry:

Thats Livingston just paid £50,000 to Massone, then they have the players wages today, a bus to Coatbridge (unless they are still taking cars), plus all the other overheads, then they have the long trip up to Dingwall, when is money going to start to come in ?, how the fcuk can they survive. :angry:

2 words....

They canae

It's a slightly surprising thing for Kenny Black to say and an even odder headline for the Scotsman to go with considering his Chairman is head of the Leage Management Committee that made the decision.

I am sure I heard that Ballantyne, having a vested interest (Airdrie's potential promotion), was not party to the decision reached. Perhaps it shows just how divided the SFL clubs are on the Livingston situation. It is still an interesting and quite provocative headline, however.

Guest Flash

Maybe he voted against it. Maybe he abstained. Is there a record of who was in favour and who was against the plan? Even if the head of the management committee is not in favour of a decision, he can be outvoted. He would, however, have a casting vote in the event of deadlock.

Well, i admire those two for having the guts to come out publically and denounce the SFL and the whole situation.

I wonder now just how many other clubs and managers will show the same courage and speak out.

I wonder if any of the news reporters etc have been on to Uefa and Fifa for there comments on this. Get them involved and scottish football is in for a severe kick up the backside.

Back home, lets see how many other clubs and managers have the guts to follow suit and what the SFL reaction will be because there is no hiding from this now.

Livi, i suspect the swell of public opinion is going ring your death knoll.

is it just me or do other people think kenny's rant in the paper could be because his club would have benefitted from livi's demise.and now they will have to do it the hard way instead of having it handed to them on a plate AGAIN :P

Well, i admire those two for having the guts to come out publically and denounce the SFL and the whole situation.

I wonder now just how many other clubs and managers will show the same courage and speak out.

I wonder if any of the news reporters etc have been on to Uefa and Fifa for there comments on this. Get them involved and scottish football is in for a severe kick up the backside.

Back home, lets see how many other clubs and managers have the guts to follow suit and what the SFL reaction will be because there is no hiding from this now.

ONLY IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE A FUD WHO LIKES WATCHING FOOTBALL CLUBS GO OUT OF BUSINESS :P

It wouldn't be surprising to see Paul Martin in particular invited to Hampden for a chat. The authorities are happy to allow a debt-ridden club to call the shots but woe betide anyone who has an opinion or clubs who have a hedge as part of their ground.

is it just me or do other people think kenny's rant in the paper could be because his club would have benefitted from livi's demise.and now they will have to do it the hard way instead of having it handed to them on a plate AGAIN :P

Airdrie as a club may or may not be happy with the fact that they will remain in the second division but a number of their fans are certainly happy that they won't be witnessing another awful relegation battle and instead have the chance to be promoted on merit.

Where on earth did you get all that crap from? :huh:

We did no such thing and Livi had 130 fans there.

From Scotsman last week, I did however misread the part about waving/deducting expenses, but only 108 fans actually paid.

McGruther had appealed to the supporters to turn out yesterday at Palmerston Park for the Alba Cup match against Queen of the South. He had hoped that a good response from the fans would bring in a cash infusion, even after Queens deducted expenses and their 50 per cent share of the 1,558 gate in Dumfries.

At kick-off in the club's first and last competitive match of the season yesterday, precisely 108 people sat in the area of the stadium reserved for the away support. Add a gaggle of directors and hangers-on and chairman Massone, and there were probably 130 fans of Livingston in Palmerston Park – a tenth of what was needed.

Edited by unthinkable

ONLY IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE A FUD WHO LIKES WATCHING FOOTBALL CLUBS GO OUT OF BUSINESS :P

So your happy that your club plays by the rules while the likes of Livi don`t and spend money they don`t have,rack up debts and leave a trail of creditors behind not once but twice :rolleyes:

So your happy that your club plays by the rules while the likes of Livi don`t and spend money they don`t have,rack up debts and leave a trail of creditors behind not once but twice :rolleyes:

That would be three times, actually. :)

I don't think UEFA & FIFA would get involved at this level. They are normally happy for the country's home association to look after their own problems.