Livingston - all the threads merged

I doubt this is true, but I sincerely hope we don't go up. We've prepared for live in the Second, and throwing us up into the First would make this a long, hard season. No doubt, with our current team and management, we'd only end up relegated anyway.

The whole thing has been mismanaged horribly. There's no doubt that Livi should face sanctions, but it's too late in the day for it to mean reshuffling the leagues. Perhaps an automatic relegation at the end of this season would have been better, coupled with a transfer embargo (there's no point fining them), given that there is so little time for Airdrie United to reshuffle and prep for survival in the First.

If it is the case, the SFL have shown themselves up to be incompetent imbeciles once again.

I can reveal Livi will play in Division 1 next season

I can reveal that nobody yet knows.

It all hinges on the vote on Wednesday, when the 28 other clubs with a vote (no Annan) decide what happens.

Although seemingly Rankine and McDougal would attempt to take out an injunction against the SFL if there is any demotion...but that would be heard on the Thursday and would most likely fail, because:

1) The SFL rules permit them to do as they place (within the law...and demotion isn't illegal)

2) Livi agreed to abide by the rules of the SFL as part of their membership

I'm not really sure what to make of it all to be honest. I wanted Livi to survive and keep going but if marching into Hampden when you have severe financial troubles and saying that you have a business plan to save the club that is based on SFL 1 football and no points deduction is all it takes to start from scratch, then chairman up and down the country will be getting ready to take a taxi to Mount Florida...

I also have to admit to being glad for them that Massone signed over his shares to allow them to get the best possible start. Unfortunately the overwhelming majority on Livilions have resorted to gloating and abuse of anyone who has an issue with what has happened...it didn't take long to resort to type did it?

I can reveal that nobody yet knows.

It all hinges on the vote on Wednesday, when the 28 other clubs with a vote (no Annan) decide what happens.

Although seemingly Rankine and McDougal would attempt to take out an injunction against the SFL if there is any demotion...but that would be heard on the Thursday and would most likely fail, because:

1) The SFL rules permit them to do as they place (within the law...and demotion isn't illegal)

2) Livi agreed to abide by the rules of the SFL as part of their membership

As a matter of interest, why have Annan not got a vote?

I can reveal Livi will play in Division 1 next season

Yay. Another one line post with absolutely nothing to back it up.

The point, which you seem to be missing, is that a decision is still to be made, which is just astonishing really.

This really is a farce !

While I agree that Livingston should face punishment, I am not sure if three days before the league starts is the right time to be thinking on changing what teams are in what league !

If they were going to demote them, then that decision should have been made at the very latest on Thursday when they had the meeting at Hamden.

But then it looks even more like the SFL have no backbone, they obviously caved in to Rankine and MacDougall in the meeting, and have now seen the reaction of the various sets of fans, and I suspect other club chairmen, and are now folding under that pressure and have tried to appease them by saying they will have this vote - that is if the story is indeed true.

You have to ask the question, if they are calling this vote, why not call it tomorrow. I am quite sure that the chairmen of the clubs would manage to meet at Hampden tomorrow, that way it would give the fans of the various clubs a few extra days to make plans of where they will be watching football on Saturday !

im sure you have to be a member of the SFL for a number of years before becoming a full member

someone will clarify this more

All clubs have a 5 year probation period. They don't have a vote until after that probation period is up, and the other clubs vote after the five year period to see if they can become full members or not