Livingston - all the threads merged

If there's anything we've learned over the last few days is that the SFL have had enough of being dictated to, hence the eventual demotion of Livingston. Here's hoping that they don't fall for this latest one and throw the book at them even harder.

Well yes... I mean, it may turn out that what Livi 5 etc. are calling "postponement" is what the SFL will call "advance notice of failing to turn up". In which case, -15 points or expulsion... IMO.

It's still ridiculously stupid for the SFL to put up a re-assuring Press Release at 11am, confirming that all tomorrow's games will go ahead... only for news to trickle out at 4:50pm that it's off...

Could it be possible that the SFL are reading this thread and changing their minds depending on the prevailing mood?

Well if so here's the message: the SFL has been around for 118 years. It is the 3rd oldest league in the world. Seldom in its history has it been reduced to this. So put an end to it, for god's sake.

The irony,forcing a team who have been demoted due to insolvency to play a game (incurring more expense )that may prove to be a dead rubber,they need to boot Baldrick to fcuk and leave the decision making to those who don't have a cunning plan.

Stupid Fcukwit Lardyarses.

I think McGruther is in bother big time. He has forked out £25,000 and same from McDougall to get rid of a mad italian when he thought Livi would escape relegation. Explain that one to your boss.

On another note, Livi fans would have been delighted with ONLY relegation before the first meeting, now their angry about it and not exactly endearing themselves to anyone by waiting till 5pm on the eve of the season, clearly a ploy to upset which to me will backfire on them.

Is anyone coming out of this with any credit?

Ach i suppose it's Airdrie's fault!

Just when you think there are few twists left...

If this is a "get it up ye" to the SFL, then Livi should seriously reconsider their decision. Of what tiny goodwill remains would evaporate if they don't turn up for the Shire game.

I don't believe it has anything to do with non-payment of wages. A smokescreen if ever there was one - they didn't have a problem playing against Queen of the South or Albion Rovers did they?

If the SFL have given their blessing to the postponement then it will just be the tin lid on an absolutely dire week for them.

I suppose when they talk about "the impact on football people" they may mean that, if their appeal wins, the results of these games won't count. It's all too vague and that statement most definitely needs clarification.

The irony,forcing a team who have been demoted due to insolvency to play a game (incurring more expense )that may prove to be a dead rubber,they need to boot Baldrick to fcuk and leave the decision making to those who don't have a cunning plan.

Stupid Fcukwit Lardyarses.

IF Livy cant afford to play games then they should resign their league membership. Its less than a week since they guaranteed they could fulfill fixtures, now at 5pm on Friday they're doing a u-turn? And yet, strangely they managed a friendly mid week.

The last people to blame for this latest fiasco are the SFL.

Well yes... I mean, it may turn out that what Livi 5 etc. are calling "postponement" is what the SFL will call "advance notice of failing to turn up". In which case, -15 points or expulsion... IMO.

It's still ridiculously stupid for the SFL to put up a re-assuring Press Release at 11am, confirming that all tomorrow's games will go ahead... only for news to trickle out at 4:50pm that it's off...

There is no mention of this on the SFL/Livingston/BBC sites, so what is the source for this? I can't see the SFL allowing any postponment based on them being unable to fulfil a fixture, even their vague rules would not allow that surely? If they don't turn up they will be hit with further sanctions.

IF Livy cant afford to play games then they should resign their league membership. Its less than a week since they guaranteed they could fulfill fixtures, now at 5pm on Friday they're doing a u-turn? And yet, strangely they managed a friendly mid week.

If fear if Livi were a rabid manged dog, they'd have been put down by now. On grounds of dignity.

If it's a genuine appeal process then games involving Airdrie,Livi and Cowdenbeath should not be taking place until after the appeal.

If it's a sham with the result pre-determined then why have an appeals process in the 1st place?

The SFL are a joke.

Let's be quite clear here: if players have been used in Cup games uninsured then that is utterly shocking in itself. If one had taken a bad fall and broken his back, think of the consequences...

Secondly, insurance of players is the club's responsibility. If they cannot fulfil a game due to a lack of insurance, they're in the wrong. It's outrageous to postpone the match to help them out.

Sorry HJ, and it's not like you, but that's utter and complete nonsense. No club in the SFL pays personal insurnace for players. It's all done as part of a group policy with the SFL. Registered player then they are insured as long as Livingston remain members.

Some clubs might pay medical insurance for players to cover private health care but I very much doubt it. We looked into it and the costs are exorbitant.

Good to see this thread is serving its purpose and the board isn't clogged up with inane Livingston threads.

Where are the mods?

Hi

* waves to Andyboy

The other threads are discussing specific aspects of this - like should fans boycott or who should replace them, which are perfectly valid conversations outside of this one. I did think about merging the other "Livingston Relegated" thread - but at 7 pages long it would just have made a mess of this thread and been confusing. Maybe I'll close it though

If it's a genuine appeal process then games involving Airdrie,Livi and Cowdenbeath should not be taking place until after the appeal.

If it's a sham with the result pre-determined then why have an appeals process in the 1st place?

The SFL are a joke.

No, Livvy should be abiding by the SFL rules and decisions. They have the right to appeal, which they have, but the SFL had already made it quite clear what the process would be, should they decide to do so. How exactly are the SFL to blame for Livvy now, seemingly, doing a u-turn on a promise they made last week?

Whether or not you agree with the SFL decision, is irrelevant. It was made and Livvy should get on with it.

As I asked before, why should the SFL have inconvenienced 5 other clubs on the off chance that Livvy might appeal and for their benefit?

No, Livvy should be abiding by the SFL rules and decisions. They have the right to appeal, which they have, but the SFL had already made it quite clear what the process would be, should they decide to do so. How exactly are the SFL to blame for Livvy now, seemingly, doing a u-turn on a promise they made last week?

Whether or not you agree with the SFL decision, is irrelevant. It was made and Livvy should get on with it.

As I asked before, why should the SFL have inconvenienced 5 other clubs on the off chance that Livvy might appeal and for their benefit?

Why have an appeals process?

It's a nonsense,diddy fans sticking up for diddy committees making diddy decisions.

FWIW I think it's the final gurglings of a dying club.

Edited by ayrmad

You just can't make all this shit up. Its getting to the stage they should just chuck the c***s out, wind them up and build houses on Almondvale.

That will be the outcome regardless of what happens over the next week or so.

So anyway,

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OFFICIAL INFORMATION THAT THE LIVINGSTON GAME DOES NOT GO AHEAD TOMORROW?

So far as I can see these rumours are coming from someone on the Livi forum claiming to have spoken to Ged Nixon and to the SFA at Hampden on the phone.

Livingston half an hour ago issued a statement on their own website that said they were appealling. That was it. Nowhere in the statement does it suggest they won't be playing tomorrow. If they've made that decision then surely they have to let people know that's the case? The SFL have no announcement on their website and that was updated with new items five minutes ago.

I have a feeling someone is yanking chains here. :rolleyes: