Livingston - all the threads merged

In any walk of life you don't get people with vested interests making such decisions except in dodgy organisations.

Name the people with a vested interest that had a hand in Livingston's relegation.

The appeal should be on Monday morning!!! Astonishing that they will let this rumble on! Is this so that we can mount some sort of suitable defense?

I have a feeling that there will be a few programme printers twiddling their thumbs this week.

It's just so we can go over all this again next Wed to Sat. :)

Name the people with a vested interest that had a hand in Livingston's relegation.

Obviously Ballantyne hid away all week and never had any input whatsoever at any point prior to the Management Committee meeting.

Donny McIntyre just left Dumbarton last season so he will not know Rankine in any way shape or form,obviously unlike the rest of Albion Rovers FC he wouldn't have been offended by Livingstons utterances about visiting a shitehole last weekend and would not have taken any part in any discussions about said incident with his fellow directors.

Obviously Ballantyne hid away all week and never had any input whatsoever at any point prior to the Management Committee meeting.

He abstained at the meeting.

Donny McIntyre just left Dumbarton last season so he will not know Rankine in any way shape or form,obviously unlike the rest of Albion Rovers FC he wouldn't have been offended by Livingstons utterances about visiting a shitehole last weekend and would not have taken any part in any discussions about said incident with his fellow directors.

You really think it comes down to petty things like that?

Christ almighty...

In any walk of life you don't get people with vested interests making such decisions and hearing the appeal except in dodgy organisations.

Sadly, every member of the SFL either the Management Committee or the full governing body, with any link or affiliation to any of the member clubs NOW has a vested interest in this decision. It is already affecting every division and every club. Promotion, relegation, points deductions, these will affect every club. No matter the outcome of this mess, every division has been and will be affected, therefore there is no club that does not have a vested interest in the outcome.

He abstained at the meeting.

You really think it comes down to petty things like that?

Christ almighty...

I never said Bannatyne didn't abstain,read it properly the word prior is the important one.

Who is Donny representing on this committee himself or his club?

Edited by ayrmad

The appeal should be on Monday morning!!! Astonishing that they will let this rumble on! Is this so that we can mount some sort of suitable defense?

I have a feeling that there will be a few programme printers twiddling their thumbs this week.

You appealed last thing on a Friday evening, to get in touch with every club over the weekend to send a director at the drop of a hat first thing Monday morning is impractical and I would presume unconstitutional. Most directors are business folks who have other interests and don't work full-time for their football club, nice as it would be if Livingston FC were the centre of the universe around which everything else revolved.

(In fact I thought you needed fourteen days notice for an SGM so I'm surprised they're able to hold it as soon as Thursday, but I can't see where I got that fourteen days things from so maybe that was wrong.)

The good news is that this fiasco will be decided one way or another on Thursday. McGruther is quoted in the press today as saying...

" This appeal will be done and dusted on Thursday. I believe there is a further route of appeal beyond Thursday BUT I WON'T TAKE IT. If we lose on Thursday we will consider it game over and I will accept the offer on the table for the relevant division"

You appealed last thing on a Friday evening, to get in touch with every club over the weekend to send a director at the drop of a hat first thing Monday morning is impractical and I would presume unconstitutional. Most directors are business folks who have other interests and don't work full-time for their football club, nice as it would be if Livingston FC were the centre of the universe around which everything else revolved.

(In fact I thought you needed fourteen days notice for an SGM so I'm surprised they're able to hold it as soon as Thursday, but I can't see where I got that fourteen days things from so maybe that was wrong.)

I'm aware of the correct protocol but if no-one is prepared to move a little quicker then there can be no moaning and groaning about last minute decisions at 5.30pm on Thursday. I am sure that if there was a collective desire to get this fiasco nipped in the bud, something can be done sooner.

His analogy is crap,McGruthers' decision is correct, as the Interim manager he can't be seen to GAMBLE finances in his position as he must act in a financially prudent manner fighting for creditors money as much as is humanly possible.

With the Div 3 option the creditors don't get their money,the very thing that the 9000 posts have been about,so he must try his best to get something for the creditors.

Well if that is the case then Livi will go under, how's he going to persuade 75% of creditors to accept an offer of nothing?

In any event, the creditors are Livingston's priority, which is not to say that's not a consideration, but the SFL must not just bend over backwards and let Livi have what they say they need in order to get them the best deal. That's (quite clearly) not in the best interests of football or, in the long run, of the creditors and the banks on whom football is dependent.

Well if that is the case then Livi will go under, how's he going to persuade 75% of creditors to accept an offer of nothing?

In any event, the creditors are Livingston's priority, which is not to say that's not a consideration, but the SFL must not just bend over backwards and let Livi have what they say they need in order to get them the best deal. That's (quite clearly) not in the best interests of football or, in the long run, of the creditors and the banks on whom football is dependent.

I'd assume McGruther knows what he's doing with regard to creditors.

The intelligent open-minded person can always find ways forward when others think their's none,that's what makes the business world go round.

I'd assume McGruther knows what he's doing with regard to creditors.

The intelligent open-minded person can always find ways forward when others think their's none,that's what makes the business world go round.

Indeed. There must be more to that than has been reported there though.

Indeed. There must be more to that than has been reported there though.

Probably,like the rest of this sorry situation we will never be given all the facts.

Livi weren't allowed into the meeting? McDougall and Rankine weren't. That isn't the same thing. As I understood it McGrouther, the only man currently officially linked to Livingston, was allowed to address the meeting.

I thought McDougall and Rankine had paid £50,000 for the owners shares - surely that entitled them to have their say on how they were hoping to prevent a League club going out of business.

I thought McDougall and Rankine had paid £50,000 for the owners shares - surely that entitled them to have their say on how they were hoping to prevent a League club going out of business.

The SFL are not interested in rescue packages,they've to worry about what's in the sarnies.

In any walk of life, if you are appealing against a sentence (which is what Livingston are doing), you continue to serve that sentence until such times that it's reduced (which may be never).

Correct. Last week, the SFL relegated Livvy to the third division. Only if the appeal is successful will Livvy cease to be a third division club - which is why they were due to play East Stirlingshire today. The sad thing is that failure to fulfill that fixture may result in Livvy being thrown out of Scottish football altogether. I hope not, but if it does happen it will be a self-inflicted fatal wound. By any standards, waving two fingers at the people who've thrown you a life-line is a form of madness.

When you scatter all the political stuff off the table, I am left feeling that Livingston FC are only interested in righting perceived wrongs when it is of financial benefit to them. When they have committed the wrongs, they have on every occasion, sought to prevent them from being put right. As a club (not the people who choose to follow such a shower), they have repeatedly demonstrated themselves to be the parasites of the Scottish game.