Livingston - all the threads merged

Regular readers in recent weeks will know that I have warned how tenacious Rankine would be in pursuit of getting control at Livi. That hasn't changed, so far as I can see. But I think that refusing to play at East Stirling tomorrow is a major error of judgment on the part of the consortium which will simply alienate other clubs and the SFL and will do the club and its supporters no favours at all. What it needs are friends, not enemies. Just wanted to put that on record.

Hi Neil, some decision yer man McGruther has made the day, eh? Given the nature of your post I take it you would prefer the players to be playing tomorrow?

You will have some amount of making up to do with your fellow SFL members before your appeal is held!

There's a chap on livilions who is of the opinion that the current shambles is not the fault of Livingston FC at all.

And there was another poster who encouraged a fan of another club who had joined and was making some valid points to "do one". Nice.

To be honest, there are occasions when I am banned randomly. It may have been a mistake.

Or maybe they all hate me, too :mellow:

You speak some sense on here, and that doesn't seem to tally with the many who enter into the 'It's not our fault, it's a conspiracy against Livi!' on LiviLions.

Yes, that's right, they hate you! :P

I have asked a friendly surfer to post it. I have warned him he is likely to get banned.. Awaiting answer. :lol:

I've posted it. I expect to be banned from the site, but f**k it, they've seriously lost the plot over there anyway.

You speak some sense on here, and that doesn't seem to tally with the many who enter into the 'It's not our fault, it's a conspiracy against Livi!' on LiviLions.

Yes, that's right, they hate you! :P

Some sense :o? I'm insulted.

To be honest, we get a lot of flak from other teams which has probably been merited in the long run but is still hard to take, even for me. I can understand why they think we get hard done by at times considering not many other teams get as much slagging or attract as much bad news.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

I think we'd prefer "anti-christ".

Ferranti-Christ?

And apart from the obvious (the odious way your club has operated from day one) I suspect the reason you get a lot of "flak" from other supporters is because of the torrents of abuse dished out to anyone who had the temerity to point out the completely fucking obvious trouble the club was in for the last 12 months or so.

Just a wild guess.

Perhaps this was rather simplistic of me but I now see 4 options that could happen to the club, short-term.

1. We are allowed to play in Division 1 with the bond in place.

2. We are allowed to play in Division 1 with the bond in place and a points penalty.

3. We lose the appeal and have to play in division 3.

4. We lose the appeal, are assigned to Division 3 and the SFL decide to punish us further for not playing tommorow.

Which does everyone think is the most likely option? I'm thinking #3 myself but you never know with the SFL.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Ferranti-Christ?

And apart from the obvious (the odious way your club has operated from day one) I suspect the reason you get a lot of "flak" from other supporters is because of the torrents of abuse dished out to anyone who had the temerity to point out the completely fucking obvious trouble the club was in for the last 12 months or so.

Just a wild guess.

My attitude changed at Christmas when I had it confirmed to me that the players had been paid late on 5 out of 7 occasions. I took the 'torrents of abuse' (which wasn't really), for pointing that out so don't get on the high and mighty with me.

It takes a lot to admit you were wrong and some of the supporters who were fooled by Massone have since come out and apologised to the rest of us.

It should go without saying you will be punished for tomorrow, no matter the option.

So I say #4.

I say we have a pretty good case as to why we shouldn't be playing today but that's just my thoughts.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Perhaps this was rather simplistic of me but I now see 4 options that could happen to the club, short-term.

1. We are allowed to play in Division 1 with the bond in place.

2. We are allowed to play in Division 1 with the bond in place and a points penalty.

3. We lose the appeal and have to play in division 3.

4. We lose the appeal, are assigned to Division 3 and the SFL decide to punish us further for not playing tommorow.

Which does everyone think is the most likely option? I'm thinking #3 myself but you never know with the SFL.

Just to complicate things what do you see as the punishment added to option 4? As I think it's becoming increasingly likely that this will be the chosen route.