Livingston - all the threads merged

Quote from Livvy Lions forum by Angus W gives you an idea what we are dealing with here:

"Okay say we put this into place 15 years ago.

Dominic Keane would not have been allowed to run up £11M in debt.

Massone would never have been able to run up £1.7M in debt.

The club in all probability would never have got out of Div 3, won a major trophy or played in Europe.

....& Livi would be playing in Div 3 where the majority on this board do not want them to be.

....CAnt really win with this one? "

words fail me

Quote from Livvy Lions forum by Angus W gives you an idea what we are dealing with here:

The club in all probability would never have got out of Div 3, won a major trophy or played in Europe.

....& Livi would be playing in Div 3 where the majority on this board do not want them to be.

words fail me

Trawl any fans site and you will always find one outlandish quote from a fan, that doesn't mean you thump the club. Livi fans are no different from fans of other clubs, they gloat when they are doing well, all fans do but dont kill the club.

Livi were correct to do refuse to play in the 3rd divisoon. Airdrie were in administration for years and we went through all the crap with Steve Archibald before the SFL got to grips. A10 or 15 point deduction would have been enough.

How many years woz that? . :unsure:

Livi were correct to do refuse to play in the 3rd divisoon. Airdrie were in administration for years and we went through all the crap with Steve Archibald before the SFL got to grips. A10 or 15 point deduction would have been enough.

That is in the past. If the SFL never changed how it dealt with things, no clubs would ever get punished for entering financial difficulties. Which would be uber-precedence... but help nobody.

Skyline, does Airdrieonians' final game against Ayr United count as a fixture unfulfilled? It was abandoned, and never replayed as Airdrieonians were wound up before that could happen as far as I remember.

I can answer that one: the SFL Management Committee voted that the score at the time of the pitch invasion should stand as the result i.e. 1-0. The game was not scratched or left unplayed.

That is in the past. If the SFL never changed how it dealt with things, no clubs would ever get punished for entering financial difficulties. Which would be uber-precedence... but help nobody.

I can answer that one: the SFL Management Committee voted that the score at the time of the pitch invasion should stand as the result i.e. 1-0. The game was not scratched or left unplayed.

Livi have been badly managed over the years, just like most of the senior clubs in Scotland. Morton went clsoe to the going out of business, just like Motherwell, Dundee, Partick and falkirk under George Fulston. It is easy for numpries with money to buy football clubs then mismanage them because of their ego but the football industry should rally round these clubs not seek to put them out of business. As I said, a 10 or 15 point deduction every season a club i in administration is enough.

words fail me

Angus W is a Dunfermline fan.

Cheer HibeeJibee :) I forgot you were here. No offence meant!

Yip,think livi can too

They can although normally such a club would abstain. Out of decency. But I don't think Livi will.

Annan get no vote as they're only an associate member...? So 15 needed to uphold Livi's appeal.

You must have had a hood over yer head :bag

:lol::rolleyes:

Edited by HibeeJibee

No sure about Annan, sure I heard they're gettin a vote... mibbe another new rule :huh:

Chick Young seemed convinced all 30 clubs could vote if they wanted.

But I also think Chick Young is convinced that the moon is made of cheese.

No sure about Annan, sure I heard they're gettin a vote... mibbe another new rule :huh:

<_<:unsure:

General and Special Meetings

11. The Annual General Meeting shall be held as soon as possible after the Competitions are completed, on a date to be fixed by the Management Committee.

11.1 Each club must send one representative only, who must be a Director of the main Board of Directors of a club in full or associate membership of the League or, where such club i unincorporated and has no such Board, he or she must be a member of that club’s Committee of Management, or an official of the club, which he or she represents, to all General and Special Meetings.

11.2 All representatives must exercise their vote on all matters which fall to be decided at all Special and General Meetings. Any club failing to comply with this Rule shall be dealt with as the Management Committee thinks proper.

11.3 Except as aftermentioned, at all such General and Special Meetings, and in terms of Rule 30, each First Division club shall have one vote, each Second Division club shall have one vote and each Third Division club shall have one vote.

11.4 In the election of the President and Vice-President, each club shall have one vote.

21.2 A club which has been an associate member for four complete successive years may, at the expiry of that period, qualify for “full” membership. If “full” membership is not attained in the fifth year, then associate membership will terminate.

21.3 An associate member will not be accorded any voting rights nor will it participate in the division of the available assets in the event of liquidation.

It's possible that there is a special case for SGMs, or all GMs, or perhaps the clubs can vote at the start to give Annan a vote? Who knows...!! If Annan do get a vote, then Livi will need 16 to win...

Edited by HibeeJibee

It's possible that there is a special case for SGMs, or all GMs, or perhaps the clubs can vote at the start to give Annan a vote? Who knows...!! If Annan do get a vote, then Livi will need 16 to win...

Does it seem likely that they'll get that?

I know that Dundee think it was too harsh a punishment but I don't know about other clubs.