Livingston - all the threads merged

I didn't say they did.

But the principal stands: appealing a red card is an appeal against the accusation that you carried out the offence (and a successful appeal against that results in the punishment being scrapped as well).

"I'm not saying...but the principle stands"

So in other words, you are saying it.

This is a simple case of drawing on an analogy to illustrate that, during an appeal against a punishment, it is not uncommon for the punishment to continue to be served. It fact, it's pretty normal.

No - the analogy was being used to justify the unjustifiable when there are already sporting precidents regarding the right of appeal, in particular with reference to the Scottish Football League. The prisoner analogy was utterly ludicrous, and in many ways illustrates the poisonous mindset of the "burn Livingston as a witch" posters.

I'm pretty much with Ivo on this, another few days of nonsense to endure, Livi will remain in the SFL, playing in the 3rd Div probably with a big points deduction and the blessed integrity of the league is preserved. So what? That won't relegate Livi any further just make it more difficult to get back up the leagues.

From my own point of view I give thanks that we have Kenny Mclean. We might be a wee diddy league but things aren't anything like as farcical as this in our wee world.

Better a wee diddy league than the Mickey Mouse Scottish Football League :lol::lol::lol:

No - the analogy was being used to justify the unjustifiable when there are already sporting precidents regarding the right of appeal, in particular with reference to the Scottish Football League. The prisoner analogy was utterly ludicrous, and in many ways illustrates the poisonous mindset of the "burn Livingston as a witch" posters.

You need to have that ingrowing hair removed from your arse before it causes you to be even more bad tempered! B)

Do you understand the concept of "principal"?

The analogy is not ludicrous, because it serves to prove that when a punishment is being appealed, it is not unusual for the guilty party to continue to serve the punishment.

Do you understand the concept of "principal"?

Ehm Sir Calum, in this whole sorry debacle, Gordon McDougall is a principal, McGruther is a principal

One of the principal points is whether Livi broke the rules. Whether it is right or not to relegate Livi is a principle

I think that was the simple point WTM was making.

Rumour in Italy is a representative of Livingston has approached Serie A with a suitcase full of Scottish fivers worth £50,000 in view of taking their rightful place in the league. The well heeled businessman,believed to live locally,has ferociously insisted that Italian club Livorno are really Livi in disguise and has demanded to take their place straight away.

Seems we have all been gazzumped by the genius Mr.Massone and he was indeed the only one to save them and get them back where they belong.

Hail Massone the saviour!

Rumour in Italy is a representative of Livingston has approached Serie A with a suitcase full of Scottish fivers worth £50,000 in view of taking their rightful place in the league. The well heeled businessman,believed to live locally,has ferociously insisted that Italian club Livorno are really Livi in disguise and has demanded to take their place straight away.

Seems we have all been gazzumped by the genius Mr.Massone and he was indeed the only one to save them and get them back where they belong.

Hail Massone the saviour!

That must have been the fivers that the Albion Rovers fans were waving at us. :lol:

Taking their account as gospel they claimed to have 500 fans that day, back to school for the chap who was counting I think. :lol:

On the contrary, I seem to recall Livingston fans arguing that Albion Rovers had fewer than 200 fans at that game.

Fans with an agenda always inflate travelling support. Any exaggeration was by Livi fans trying to promote a sense of loyalty.

Taking their account as gospel they claimed to have 500 fans that day, back to school for the chap who was counting I think. :lol:

Who claimed that?

Our average gate last season was in the low 300s, so there's no way there would have been 500 Rovers fans there. I reckon we're down to 200 - 250 home regulars and 20 - 50 away nowadays depending on the fixture.

Who claimed that?

Our average gate last season was in the low 300s, so there's no way there would have been 500 Rovers fans there. I reckon we're down to 200 - 250 home regulars and 20 - 50 away nowadays depending on the fixture.

It's like Pandas or Siberian Tigers. There are only around 300 Rovers supporters living in the wild due to loss of habitat, please give generously.

Ehm Sir Calum, in this whole sorry debacle, Gordon McDougall is a principal, McGruther is a principal

One of the principal points is whether Livi broke the rules. Whether it is right or not to relegate Livi is a principle

I think that was the simple point WTM was making.

Well excuse me for making a spelling error...

But the fact he corrected it still makes my response valid. He clearly doesn't understand what a principle is...

Who claimed that?

I can't remember who but someone said the attendance was over 600 & stressed there was only 100 Livi fans which therefore = 500 Albion Rovers fans in their mind. Perhaps they were at it to stick the boot in? nah! who would do that to Livi fans! :rolleyes:

Well excuse me for making a spelling error...

But the fact he corrected it still makes my response valid. He clearly doesn't understand what a principle is...

Was just trying to help Sir C - you're on your own from here with your joust with WTM!

Guest Travelling Man

Question for Livi fans - would you rather piss off everyone in Scottish football but eventually stay in 1st Division with a 15 or 20 point penalty leading to almost certain relegation to Div 2, or accept your relegation with as much good grace as you can now muster then romp through the 3rd Division this season? Either way you're in Div 2 next season, but one way with low morale and enemies everywhere and the other way with a winning team and a good name in the Scottish game. Discuss.

Question for Livi fans - would you rather piss off everyone in Scottish football but eventually stay in 1st Division with a 15 or 20 point penalty leading to almost certain relegation to Div 2, or accept your relegation with as much good grace as you can now muster then romp through the 3rd Division this season? Either way you're in Div 2 next season, but one way with low morale and enemies everywhere and the other way with a winning team and a good name in the Scottish game. Discuss.

Too late TM, no need to discuss

As everyone is fond of reminding us, SFL Chairmen have long memories!