Livingston - all the threads merged

I think Ross County are likely to vote for us as well due to Siegel's threat of suing if their game wasn't played. I realise it was played but there could still be a feeling of animosity there.

Ross County won at the weekend.

Do you really think they'll vote in your favour and give up the three points? Same goes for Arbroath.

Shoddy journalism, real quotes:

Dateline: Friday 14 August, 2009.

From the Scottish Daily Rag:

Livingston F.C. Representative May Have Been Tortured At SFL Hearing

Livingston F.C. faced the threat of expulsion from the Scottish Football League on Thursday as the League Management Committee meet in secret to decide their fate.

The LMC voted in secret, and all votes were confidential. Where was the transparency? Where was the accountability? Sadly, it seems to be lacking in the SFL.

Clubs with perhaps a vested interest in the demise of Livingston Football Club decided their fate at an EGM of the LMC. Livingston’s representatives may have had to wait in a dark cupboard until the LMC decided their fate. When their fate was decided, interim manager Mr. McGruther may have been led blindfolded to the head of the LMC’s table, all the while facing boos, jeers, and a barrage of human feces. Upon arriving at the head of the table, a noose may have been placed around his neck while David Longmuir read the charges against Livingston. As the verdict was read out, the noose may have been tightened, until such times as Mr. McGruther lost consciousness. He may then have been unceremoniously deposited on the steps of the SFL headquarters with a press statement stapled to his forehead.

When asked why the Livingston representative was roughed up, SFL chief David Longmuir may have said: “It is the second time in four years they have gone into administration and it is time people got the message and we resolve it."

Mr. Longmuir was perhaps then asked if he had seen the welt the size of an apple of Donald McGruther’s ass, supposedly the result of one overzealous chairman scudding him with a belt buckle on the way past his seat. "It is something we will have to look at," replied Mr. Longmuir, with what appeared to be a smirk on his face.

SFL president Brown McMaster may have defended the SFL’s decision to humiliate Mr. Longmuir before delivering their verdict. “"We're not getting cocky or confident or clever about it; we're trying to do what the clubs want," he said.

It appears the SFL LMC may be getting tougher with teams who violate regulations. Many readers will recall the allegations of the depantsing Hamilton representatives suffered when they breached SFL rules. Other may remember the uncorroborated tales that Gretna officials suffered titty-twisters when they resigned from the Scottish Football League.

:huh:

What's he done other than confirm when asked that expulsion or a points deduction is a possibility now you've failed to fulfil a fixture?

Livingston FC's conduct on Friday was a disgrace.

He has publicly declared the knowledge of the outcome of the vote before it has taken place! He should NOT do that as he is involved in it all. :angry:

He has publicly declared the knowledge of the outcome of the vote before it has taken place! He should NOT do that as he is involved in it all. :angry:

No, he hasn't. He has just stated that expulsion is a possibility, which it is according to the rules.

I really can't see Livingston being thrown out the league, but they certainly won't win their appeal to stay in Division One, and they're likely to be docked significant points on Thursday so will in all likelihood finish in the bottom three of the third division this season.

They will survive because everyone has just about had enough of this pish. Clearly the SFL just want it all to disappear, and expulsion will simply mean further appeals and probable legal action. Livingston haven't done themselves any favours by tweaking the SFL's tail and using the nauseating combination of blackmail, bluster and sharp practice, since the initial decision to allow them to continue in Division One. The massive gaffe was to try and negotiate the size of the bond they were asked to pay. Had that money been stumped up without demur, none of this would ever have happened.

Also, for reasons no one other than he understands, Gordon MacDougall is utterly obsessed with being chairman of Livingston and saving the football club. He seems ready, if not quite to walk barefoot across burning coals, the to do everything else needed to keep them in the SFL. His weird obsession with the club is highly mystifying.

I can see Rankine being much more of a sleeping partner, ready to activate whatever land deal he has in mind at a time suitable to him. As most Livingston fans, let alone anyone else, seem to be talking of relocating to a stadium more in keeping with their actual size as a club (middling second division side making occasional forays into the first), this shouldn't be all that controversial a process.

I'll be absolutely astonished if Livingston are thrown out the league. The third division chairmen, purely out of financial self-interest, wouldn't vote for that, and a couple of other chairmen up the divisions probably think that's too harsh as well. I think I'm right in saying a 75% majority is needed to throw them out, I can't see that consensus being reached, despite the justifiable anger at their irritating conduct since last Thursday.

God I can't take anymore, my head is so screwed up by all this! Please no more could be/ maybe /what if's PLEASE? :bag:bairn

What if the other bidder who didn't have time to put a bid in has now had enough time and he gazumps Livi5? B)

Also what if it rains at Hampden on Thursday? :P

Edited by AND180Y

He has done no such thing. Well not in that article anyway. Which quote have you convinced yourself says that? :huh:

I don't know anymore, I've read so much I'm struggling to remember what's real & what is hearsay! :( I'm sure I read they (SFL) said only 3 would vote in our favour. :unsure: I think I need to hibernate for a few days if my mental health is to remain intact! :(

FOOTBALL CLUB EXPELS THE REST OF THE SCOTTISH LEAGUE

by Geraldine Rulebookiani

Livingston Football Club today sensationally voted to expel the Scottish Football League from their consciousness.

After a marathon seventy two hour meeting at Almondvale, a hackit Donald McGruther emerged grim faced to give the news to an assembled media scrum and the remnants of the Livingston supporters club.

After careful consideration, taking legal advice, and sat around for hours debating the fatigue-defying merits of six different types of espresso read McGruther, Livingston football club have unanimously decided to expel the rest of the SFL from their consciousness. With immediate effect we will refuse to admit any SFL clubs to Almondvale and will not recognise the SFL as a legitimate governing body.

Gordon MacDougall added: This decision is provisional until we meet the SFL at a service station near Cumbernauld. We will graciously concede to re-join the SFL provided we are reinstated to the first division and awarded 100 points immediately.

The consequences, stated the ex-Cowdenbeath supremo, in between falling asleep and having to be revived with a shot of adrenalin, were profound.

With immediate effect we have applied to UEFA to recognise our newly founded Livingston Football Association at their next meeting. We plan to run our own Livingston Premier League, featuring Livingston, Livingston, Livingston, and, er, Livingston under-19s. We are considering an offer from Angelo Massone to rent Almondvale for one day a week for his new "Forza Massone" XI, consisting of the star players from the Livorno Taxi Drivers sunday league division five. Nonetheless he assures us that these players wwere of a high standard, thirty five years ago, we are sure that our loyal fans will turn out in force to watch us play with ourselves at Almondvale each week.

Rumours last night that a Livingston international XI would be formed, to enter a tournament featuring Austria-Hungary, East Germany and Zaire were unconfirmed.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

I really can't see Livingston being thrown out the league, but they certainly won't win their appeal to stay in Division One, and they're likely to be docked significant points on Thursday so will in all likelihood finish in the bottom three of the third division this season.

They will survive because everyone has just about had enough of this pish. Clearly the SFL just want it all to disappear, and expulsion will simply mean further appeals and probable legal action. Livingston haven't done themselves any favours by tweaking the SFL's tail and using the nauseating combination of blackmail, bluster and sharp practice, since the initial decision to allow them to continue in Division One. The massive gaffe was to try and negotiate the size of the bond they were asked to pay. Had that money been stumped up without demur, none of this would ever have happened.

Also, for reasons no one other than he understands, Gordon MacDougall is utterly obsessed with being chairman of Livingston and saving the football club. He seems ready, if not quite to walk barefoot across burning coals, the to do everything else needed to keep them in the SFL. His weird obsession with the club is highly mystifying.

I can see Rankine being much more of a sleeping partner, ready to activate whatever land deal he has in mind at a time suitable to him. As most Livingston fans, let alone anyone else, seem to be talking of relocating to a stadium more in keeping with their actual size as a club (middling second division side making occasional forays into the first), this shouldn't be all that controversial a process.

I'll be absolutely astonished if Livingston are thrown out the league. The third division chairmen, purely out of financial self-interest, wouldn't vote for that, and a couple of other chairmen up the divisions probably think that's too harsh as well. I think I'm right in saying a 75% majority is needed to throw them out, I can't see that consensus being reached, despite the justifiable anger at their irritating conduct since last Thursday.

I'm pretty much with Ivo on this, another few days of nonsense to endure, Livi will remain in the SFL, playing in the 3rd Div probably with a big points deduction and the blessed integrity of the league is preserved. So what? That won't relegate Livi any further just make it more difficult to get back up the leagues.

From my own point of view I give thanks that we have Kenny Mclean. We might be a wee diddy league but things aren't anything like as farcical as this in our wee world.

FOOTBALL CLUB EXPELS THE REST OF THE SCOTTISH LEAGUE

by Geraldine Rulebookiani

Livingston Football Club today sensationally voted to expel the Scottish Football League from their consciousness.

After a marathon seventy two hour meeting at Almondvale, a hackit Donald McGruther emerged grim faced to give the news to an assembled media scrum and the remnants of the Livingston supporters club.

After careful consideration, taking legal advice, and sat around for hours debating the fatigue-defying merits of six different types of espresso read McGruther, Livingston football club have unanimously decided to expel the rest of the SFL from their consciousness. With immediate effect we will refuse to admit any SFL clubs to Almondvale and will not recognise the SFL as a legitimate governing body.

Gordon MacDougall added: This decision is provisional until we meet the SFL at a service station near Cumbernauld. We will graciously concede to re-join the SFL provided we are reinstated to the first division and awarded 100 points immediately.

The consequences, stated the ex-Cowdenbeath supremo, in between falling asleep and having to be revived with a shot of adrenalin, were profound.

With immediate effect we have applied to UEFA to recognise our newly founded Livingston Football Association at their next meeting. We plan to run our own Livingston Premier League, featuring Livingston, Livingston, Livingston, and, er, Livingston under-19s. We are considering an offer from Angelo Massone to rent Almondvale for one day a week for his new "Forza Massone" XI, consisting of the star players from the Livorno Taxi Drivers sunday league division five. Nonetheless he assures us that these players wwere of a high standard, thirty five years ago, we are sure that our loyal fans will turn out in force to watch us play with ourselves at Almondvale each week.

Rumours last night that a Livingston international XI would be formed, to enter a tournament featuring Austria-Hungary, East Germany and Zaire were unconfirmed.

:lol::lol::lol: Although 'the remnants of the Livingston supporters club' part is a bit close to the bone! :huh: