Livingston - all the threads merged

McDougall has already been confirmed as heading up the football side of the new Livi. He's a businessman who likes to make money too though and is also not avesre to legal action as his recent day in court v Cowdenbeath shows. No doubt he has a football ego and loves wearing the blazer - but making money is his game too.

I only suspect that legal action is likely as a Livi fan who was strangely absent from this thread all during the Massone stuff has suggested it will not finish tomorrow. We'll see - this will run for a while I reckon.

He's referring to the post by Stadio delle Almondvale above but I think he's misinterpreted it. I think in context all SDA was saying was he expected a separate hearing to determine later the punishment for failing to play East Stirling so it wouldn't all be finished tomorrow. I think on that front he's technically correct though as I suggested earlier, all parties may just agree to deal with that tomorrow too.

SDA can feel free to correct but I don't think he was suggesting it would head further up the appeals process.

Mr Drifter scores 10 out of 10. KFTS puts two and two together to get 10. :)

Pardon my stupidity. I have tried to keep up with this thread, and if this has been covered then I apologise.

If the SGM decide today to uphold Livi's appeal, do they then decide the punishment, or is it referred back to the LMC to review?

You've got it back to front Duncan. In the present scenario the guy in the Livi shirt finds the body tries to save it and for that gets the punishment for the crime committed.

Or some crook robs a load of car parts to make his piece of shit Lada look like a Porche, then sells it on to some mug who didn't check the logbook. Said mug then threatens to torch the lot if the original owners dare to demand their parts back.

My only hope tomorrow is that I still have a club to support . WTF will I do on Saturdays . I dont think we will be expelled, but survival in Div 3 itself does not guarantee the clubs future.

Yet survival in division 1 does?

Your avearge gate should only be down 200-300 if the home fans turn out. Let's say thay puts the income down by £5K per game, which is on the generous side after taking into account VAT, extra stewarding etc. That gives a total hit of 90 grand a season, the equivalent of 3-4 full time players' wages at first division level.

The club could always do what Airdrie did upon relegation, and cut the squad to the bare minimum to reduce the wage bill to match income. I suppose that's not the Livi way though.

I sincerely hope that your club is expelled today. That won't happen though, which is a shame.

What does that rule you quoted relate to? Why does it specifically say "Should a club impose on a player any of

the penalties contained in Rule 54.1.1 or 54.1.2, they will not become operative until the appeals

channels have become exhausted"?

My guess is that its specific to something totally unrelated to this scenario. No club has imposed a penalty on Livy, the SFL have. Nowhere in the rule you've quoted does it say an SFL penalty does not become operative until after appeal.

I think you're, and Livys, interpretation of this is wrong, but at the end of the day its pretty academic. Its not really up to one club, or its administrator, to interpret the rules of the SFL. Having been told to play a 3rd division match thats exactly what they should have done, appeal or no appeal. Any nonsense about prejudicing an appeal or considering themselves still a 1st div club is just that ... nonsense.

Yes it is unrelated to this scenario, I said that in my post. My point was that if there is any doubt as to the interpretation of rule 76 then consideration would have to be given as to how the sfl deal with other appeals. In any event this is only relevant to the scratching of last weeks fixture and any penalty that might be imposed for that. It has nothing to do with whether Livi should be relegated or not. The argument against that will have to be that the penalty was unprecedented ( I thought Gretna were relegated because their ground didnt come up to the required standard for first division ) and was too harsh ( as far as I am aware noone in the sfl has ever received any penalty whatsoever for going into administration )

Well - according to the the fishul site, the Livingston 5 have now taken up their positions on the board. Can we assume that McGruther is still in charge though?

Yes he is, until the court relieve him of his duties they are still in interim administration. The appointment of new directors doesn't change that.

As an aside, I've missed this along the way somewhere, who are the Livi 5? Clearly Gordon McDougall, Ged Nixon and Neil Rankine are three of them. Who are the other two? :unsure:

Yes it is unrelated to this scenario, I said that in my post. My point was that if there is any doubt as to the interpretation of rule 76 then consideration would have to be given as to how the sfl deal with other appeals. In any event this is only relevant to the scratching of last weeks fixture and any penalty that might be imposed for that. It has nothing to do with whether Livi should be relegated or not. The argument against that will have to be that the penalty was unprecedented ( I thought Gretna were relegated because their ground didnt come up to the required standard for first division ) and was too harsh ( as far as I am aware noone in the sfl has ever received any penalty whatsoever for going into administration )

The Gretna one is a bit confusing. SD will no doubt have the correct answer, but my recollection was along the lines of the state of the ground, and Gretna's inability to do anything with it, meant they'd be unable to fulfil a season of fixtures, and for this they were demoted.

Or something like that.

The Gretna one is a bit confusing. SD will no doubt have the correct answer, but my recollection was along the lines of the state of the ground, and Gretna's inability to do anything with it, meant they'd be unable to fulfil a season of fixtures, and for this they were demoted.

Or something like that.

sounds right to me.

Not really, as I would probably have gotten myself caught and would have ended up serving 15 years to life. Besides that, I didn't have a bread knife with me.

But wait..........maybe if I had wore a Livvy shirt and blamed the bloke who previously owned my house, then I just might get away with it......

:lol:

Yes we all murder people regularly Duncan then roll up to court, the judge loves the shirt & we get away with murder, we use the defence; Duncan Freemason drove us to it your honour! Easy off scot free!

I see the Daily Rantic has it as a morning meeting. So by the time the 20 odd chairmen stop shaking hands, and have a coffee, roll and bacon etc. Then a wee moan about life in general. Then a small aperitif and lunch, they'll get round to talking sanctions about 3ish. So yip 4-5 pm sounds about right.

edited to put the drink before the food. not posh enough to know, had to check.

That is it in a nutshell! If the SFL board had women on it this would have been sorted out ages ago, put a group of men in a room & they can't organise a damn thing for talking pish & boasting about things they have NEVER done! :lol:

That is it in a nutshell! If the SFL board had women on it this would have been sorted out ages ago, put a group of men in a room & they can't organise a damn thing for talking pish & boasting about things they have NEVER done! :lol:

F**k off!

Can you imagine what would have happened if the initial vote had fallen during rag week?

Livi would have been demoted to the Dundee Soccerworld Sunday night 6 a side league, with a minus 200 point deduction and a 1000 year transfer embargo.

At least we can keep the conversation away from shoes. The offices would no doubt look very nice though.

Yes he is, until the court relieve him of his duties they are still in interim administration. The appointment of new directors doesn't change that.

As an aside, I've missed this along the way somewhere, who are the Livi 5? Clearly Gordon McDougall, Ged Nixon and Neil Rankine are three of them. Who are the other two? :unsure:

I haven't quite worked the "5" thing out. I believe there are 5 board members;

1. McDougall
  2. Rankine
  3. Nixon
  4. Elected Trust Member
  5. McDougall's colleague whose name escapes me

but I understoob that Livingston 5 represented the 5th incarnation of Livingston FC following on from

1. Hunter
  2. Keane
  3. Flynn
  4. Massone

certainly don't see them calling the company after the number of board members. Makes it all a bit silly if a sixth member joins the board.

1. McDougall
  2. Rankine
  3. Nixon
  4. Elected Trust Member

but I understoob that Livingston 5 represented the 5th incarnation of Livingston FC following on from

1. Hunter
  2. Keane
  3. Flynn
  4. Massone

certainly don't see them calling the company after the number of board members. Makes it all a bit silly if a sixth member joins the board.

Ah, I see. Sorry, when people have referred to the "Livingston 5" I thought they were taking about five people but that's the name of the company formed to take over the club is it?

1. McDougall
  2. Rankine
  3. Nixon
  4. Elected Trust Member

1. Hunter
  2. Keane
  3. Flynn
  4. Massone

James Kilday I think the other one is.