Livingston - all the threads merged

Ayr will look at this from the point of having spent five years in Division 2 while they sorted out their own financial problems and also from the point that they had a representative on the LMC who made the original decision. I would be very surprised if Ayr even thought about supporting your appeal.

I wouldn't. ;)

But they cant justify it :rolleyes:

What do you think in the quote you posted makes you think they can? That was my original question

[/quote

If it can be shown that there is a general principle in the sfl rules that a penalty is suspended until the result of an appeal hearing ( as there is in civil law ) then Livi could argue justifiably that the penalty of demotion should be suspended until the appeal is decided. If the penalty is suspended they are still in the first division and there is no reason for them to play East Stirling The rule I quoted was quite clear in stating that a penalty would be suspended albeit in entirely different circumstances. But if a different situation is unclear as to whether a penalty should be suspended or not it is not unreasonable to look at other areas of the rules to see what happens in different circumstances

Hmm...I'm still not sure that makes much of a difference.

I think the most crucial part is "...appeal to a Special General Meeting". That means they can't appeal until the meeting is convened.

Made a lot of appeals to the Scottish football authorities have you Sir Calum?

But they cant justify it :rolleyes:

What do you think in the quote you posted makes you think they can? That was my original question

If it can be shown that there is a general principle in the sfl rules that a penalty is suspended until the result of an appeal hearing ( as there is in civil law ) then Livi could argue justifiably that the penalty of demotion should be suspended until the appeal is decided. If the penalty is suspended they are still in the first division and there is no reason for them to play East Stirling The rule I quoted was quite clear in stating that a penalty would be suspended albeit in entirely different circumstances. But if a different situation is unclear as to whether a penalty should be suspended or not it is not unreasonable to look at other areas of the rules to see what happens in different circumstances

I think the fact that Longmuir stated last week that Livi then Livi,Airdrie and Cowden wouldn't be asked or expected to play last Saturday should leave something for Livi to argue about.