Livingston - all the threads merged

The meeting has already past if you believe some of liars and wind-up merchants on this thread.

On a more serious note... what if no punishment is ever meted out? If Berwick play an ineligible player - and get a points deduction, a fine and the player a ban - can we just decide not to play our next game until appeal process ends (or until such time as we feel satisfied, which is what Livi did)? Does ignoring this not tacitly set a dangerous precedent? I realise the SFL just want the whole debacle to go away, but doing nothing isn't an acceptable policy.

Two different kettles of fish. I don't really think you can set a precedent for your situation by rightfully giving us no punishment.

Then again, you didn't care about setting dangerous precedents when we were demoted 2 divisions.

Then again, you didn't care about setting dangerous precedents when we were demoted 2 divisions.

:lol:

Go on, make my day - in what way is that precedent 'dangerous'? Feel free to consult a dictionary for the definition of 'dangerous' if you feel the need.

:lol:

Go on, make my day - in what way is that precedent 'dangerous'? Feel free to consult a dictionary for the definition of 'dangerous' if you feel the need.

In the same way that Hibee Jibee's example was. It's called using repetition for effect.

In the same way that Hibee Jibee's example was. It's called using repetition for effect.

Um no, because by punishing the administration the disincentive is made clear by precedent (one that had already ben set in the case of Gretna) whereas by not punishing the fixture scratch, the previous disincentive is, apparently, null and void.

It's completely the opposite effect.

Not the same set of circumstances in the Gretna case though, it was a different reason for relegation to third.

Not really.

Gretna's relegation was brought on by financial irregularities; your relegation was brought on by financial irregularities.

As my good friend Aleksandr would say: "simples".

Not really.

Gretna's relegation was brought on by financial irregularities; your relegation was brought on by financial irregularities.

As my good friend Aleksandr would say: "simples".

Gretna went to the third division because their ground was not fit for first division football.