Livingston - all the threads merged

If this is true I've 2 questions: [1] is it a fine or is it a compensation measure to East Stirling?; [2] does it not risk the setting of a dangerous precedent namely, clubs unhappy with SFL MC decision can refuse to pay and just pay a fine?

I think we've seen in the past that the SFL's rules are ambiguous so they can judge each individual case on it's own merits. Bear in mind that the Hamilton penalty (players refusing to play because the club couldn't pay it's wages) was only so they had enough points to be relegated. The club suffered because of it's failure to pay wages and still get the games on. I'm certain if the situation had arised with us last season, we would have received a points deduction to get us relegated.

A team not wanting to play because they have their star player injured would receive tougher punishment than us who had a valid reason for not playing - not wanting our appeal to be prejudiced.

Can't your fan/trust member on the board tell you what's going on?

Christ you lot were Massones Mushrooms and now you seem to be Nixon's Non-entities. :lol:

Nixon used the "Trust" as the vehicle to get him where he is now on the board.

I've heard he hardly gives them a second glance now, except the occasional smile as he watches them cleaning the seats from his big executive chair :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can I apologise in advance for any games postponed this weekend due to waterlogged pitches?

It's clearly going to be the fault of the Livingston fans.

Or the board.

Or the full-time players at Almondvale.

f**k-all to do with the pissing rain.

Edited by Livi Willie

Can I apologise in advance for any games postponed this weekend due to waterlogged pitches?

It's clearly going to be the fault of the Livingston fans.

Or the board.

Or the full-time players at Almondvale.

f**k-all to do with the pissing rain.

It's ok vikingTON is a met office geek he will supply a detailed write-up of the UK rainfall. ;)

It's ok vikingTON is a met office geek he will supply a detailed write-up of the UK rainfall. ;)

Given yesterday's record rainfall in certain areas of the UK it'd be harsh to deny Livingston a postponement. Then again the bulk of the rain was on the western side so you were fairly sheltered. ;)

Put this way, yesterday's rainfall kicks the 'ooh it was pure heavy rain' argument of last week out the window. Only team in the UK to have had a game postponed: the only one having to neglect the ground staff in a desperate bid to make the numbers work.

The connection is screamingly obvious even to the most blinkered Livi fan. I even put them in the same sentence for the benefit of Livi. 8)

A team not wanting to play because they have their star player injured would receive tougher punishment than us who had a valid reason for not playing - not wanting our appeal to be prejudiced.

If you had a "valid reason", you wouldn't have any punishment :rolleyes:

Given yesterday's record rainfall in certain areas of the UK it'd be harsh to deny Livingston a postponement. Then again the bulk of the rain was on the western side so you were fairly sheltered. ;)

Put this way, yesterday's rainfall kicks the 'ooh it was pure heavy rain' argument of last week out the window. Only team in the UK to have had a game postponed: the only one having to neglect the ground staff in a desperate bid to make the numbers work.

The connection is screamingly obvious even to the most blinkered Livi fan. I even put them in the same sentence for the benefit of Livi. 8)

:lol: Excellent response. Oh, how I'd miss you if you didn't visit us so often! :rolleyes:

Have you collected your best frock from the dry cleaners yet? The one you are wearing for our punishment celebration? You could do a wee jig outside in it, treat all us blinkered ones to a rendition of 'It's raining men' 8)

If that's true that's absolutely shocking, especially considering the fact that when we said we were going to scratch the replay we immediately got told we would be docked 15 points, yet Livi get away with a fine for doing exactly that, disgraceful but then again nothing surprises me anymore with the SFL.

Thought it was absolutely shocking to relegate us 2 Div so what's new, a points deduction in the first place when we were in the 1st Div would've been the correct punishment, why is it ok to do that in the SPL but not in the SFL!!

It isn't the same as you refusing to play, your reasons had no similarities to why Livi refused to play, were you relegated 2 Div and told to play when it would prejudice your appeal?

But now everyone is just being vindictive wanting further punishment, so can't expect any other reaction from impartial fans such as yourself. :P

Yes, it would "cost" you more than £3000, but the effect would be relative. Fining Livy now has a direct impact on their current financial position. Deducting points would only have an effect on future finances, which Livy would have plenty of time to budget for. Staying in the 3rd division would mean the club had to exist on a lower income by spending less money. A concept, I realise, it is wholly unfamiliar with, but trust me such a thing is possible.

The actual "cost" of a points deduction would be £0, in relative terms.

We've just got rid of a high earner from the wage bill, so the 3K fine is easier to swallow than a points deduction which ever way you look at it, cost us over 200K in revenue being relegated to the 3rd, think that in itself didn't do a club coming out of admin any favours for survival.

It isn't the same as you refusing to play, your reasons had no similarities to why Livi refused to play, were you relegated 2 Div and told to play when it would prejudice your appeal?

The fact they played after an appeal was submitted to the SFA completely destroys that argument.

The fact they played after an appeal was submitted to the SFA completely destroys that argument.

The Special General Meeting of the SFL hastily convened on Thursday 13th August had already rejected the appeal. The decision to play the game against Montrose on Saturday 15th was taken because it was seen to be in the best interest of all concerned. No game was played while the appeal to the SFL was in progress.

We've just got rid of a high earner from the wage bill, so the 3K fine is easier to swallow than a points deduction which ever way you look at it, cost us over 200K in revenue being relegated to the 3rd, think that in itself didn't do a club coming out of admin any favours for survival.

So SFL should emasculate its punishments, in order to help a club being punished because of financial disgraces...?

The Special General Meeting of the SFL hastily convened on Thursday 13th August had already rejected the appeal. The decision to play the game against Montrose on Saturday 15th was taken because it was seen to be in the best interest of all concerned. No game was played while the appeal to the SFL was in progress.

You played while the appeal to the SFA was in progress; and the SFA's rules explicitly state that the status quo remains while the appeal is in progress.

That's why the prejudice argument doesn't hold water.

So SFL should emasculate its punishments, in order to help a club being punished because of financial disgraces...?

No, they should do the same as the SPL and give a point deduction instead of demoting 2 Div, if it's good enough for the top league in Scotlandf, it should be good enough for the fizzy pop league......no?.

You played while the appeal to the SFA was in progress; and the SFA's rules explicitly state that the status quo remains while the appeal is in progress.

That's why the prejudice argument doesn't hold water.

SFL rules are anything they fucking please, they are open to interpretation as they are extremely vague.

Tell me this, do you truly believe letting games go ahead and then teams that will lose 3 points if they vote in Livi's favour wont prejudice an appeal, because even though i'm biased to Livi i certainly don't.

Edit to say, i actually wished we'd played anyway as i knew we'd be fecked over a barrel if we didn't, not saying it wasn't right not to play, just knew what was right didn't matter as i knew we'd get shafted by the SFL's law unto themselves set up.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

my wife went Xmas shopping in Livingston yesterday, and some b'stard left a big scrape and dent in my motor while it was parked in the car park.

Anyone got any ideas how I can blame it on Livi FC?

Well their ex Chairman allegedly has previous for a hit and run and he usually gets blamed for everything else. :D