Livingston - all the threads merged

I'd line-up with:

------Bullock------

----C. Barr----Watson----McDonald----Talbot----

----B. Barr----Sinclair----Fox----Keaghan Jacobs----

----McNulty----

----Russell----

Think that starting XI is definetly good enough for this level, considering the role they played last season. Our bench is worryingly inexperienced. Still think we should bring in a few loan signings (definelty a striker) to make us stronger. Can see us finishing around 7th.

I'd line-up with:

------Bullock------

----C. Barr----Watson----McDonald----Talbot----

----B. Barr----Sinclair----Fox----Keaghan Jacobs----

----McNulty----

----Russell----

Think that starting XI is definetly good enough for this level, considering the role they played last season. Our bench is worryingly inexperienced. Still think we should bring in a few loan signings (definelty a striker) to make us stronger. Can see us finishing around 7th.

It looks as lightweight and inexperienced a team as I've seen at this level. I think you are banking far too much on the momentum of your squad to survive.

I'd try and get Elliot back in from Hearts. Look at the strikers they have already.

We're a good centre-half, winger and striker away from the top 5. It's not a terrible team, just in need of slight tweeking.

It looks as lightweight and inexperienced a team as I've seen at this level. I think you are banking far too much on the momentum of your squad to survive.

I think in certain areas we lack experience, some of the younger lads (Sinclair, McDonald and Watson) have only played in the 2nd and 3rd but they coped

really well and generally looked as if they were good enough to make the step up to the 1st. Paul Watson at CB is an absolute Rolls Royce, btw - he's got potential to play at a much higher level, sure most other Livingston fans would agree with that. Then you look at our more experienced players (Fox, C. Barr and Talbot) have all played at this level. I still think that to secure a solid position in this league we need to bring in a few more experienced players, as our bench is like a reserve side.

EL - totally agree about Calum Elliot. He doesn't get anywhere near the starting 11 at Hearts, and when he was last with us scored 11 goals in 13 games. Might be a good idea to bring him in on loan as we desperately need a striker. If we haven't got another one by the start of the season I'll be amazed.

I'd try and get Elliot back in from Hearts. Look at the strikers they have already.

We're a good centre-half, winger and striker away from the top 5. It's not a terrible team, just in need of slight tweeking.

Good shout. He would vastly improve our squad. Him and Russell up front would be wunderbar.

Fans are to quick to take their eye of everything that is happening at their clubs especially if things are going well on the pitch. The sfl handed Livi a great boost by demoting them 2 divisions. Suddenly they are winning every week fairly easily and everything is rosy in the garden.

lolwut?

FWIW, at the bare minimum we need another striker, but if the money's not there, it obviously can't happen. Cue someone piping up with the usual remark of "it didn't stop you before..." :lol:

The costs from 2nd Division football next year would be much more than the wage of a decent striker, for a season.

Hopefully we get De Vita back again like we did Talbot last season. I've no doubt he'd score a few goals at this level, with a full pre-season behind him.

Im sure i read Elliot may need to retire because of an injury. I havent heard anything about this in a while though. I cant be bothered searching but did Fox eventually sign a new deal?

Aye, for two years. Unbelievable :rolleyes:

The costs from 2nd Division football next year would be much more than the wage of a decent striker, for a season.

Hopefully we get De Vita back again like we did Talbot last season. I've no doubt he'd score a few goals at this level, with a full pre-season behind him.

You really don't understand why we are trying to cut costs, do you?

Just a note to say that the fecker with the drum is not permitted at Falkirk games this coming season, as he is a distinctly tiresome individual. This is particularly true of January 2, when we will bring along our massive hangovers to your patch, and apparently renew our "traditional" Ne'erday "rivalry" with you lot. That is all.

Cheers. Whats the craic with De Vita? Paul Watson was telling me he is outstanding at training and a real class act.

Apparently on too much money but he's nowhere near on as the happy clappers will suggest. For a player, in my opinion, with a potential selling value and clear ability it was incredibly naïve to let him go. Especially when Deuchar is the alternative.

Apparently on too much money but he's nowhere near on as the happy clappers will suggest.

Do you have any evidence to show how much he was on? Whilst I agree with you that he is a very classy player and still had plenty of room for development, if we can't offer him any sort of deal then it shows the money simply isn't available. Of course, we could be missing the point completely and perhaps he wanted to go back to Italy to try his hand there.

There's no point spending money which doesn't exist in order to try and stay in this division; we tried this tactic in the past and look where it got us. It's not fucking rocket science.

There's no point spending money which doesn't exist in order to try and stay in this division; we tried this tactic in the past and look where it got us. It's not fucking rocket science.

Well why did you spend money you didn't have to get back into the division in the first place? Not that bad money should follow, well, bad money, but it seems daft to keep a squad to get straight back up here and then dismantle it, go down and start again.

Well why did you spend money you didn't have to get back into the division in the first place? Not that bad money should follow, well, bad money, but it seems daft to keep a squad to get straight back up here and then dismantle it, go down and start again.

I said at the time of the demotion that we should cut the high earners from the wage bill and just play our U19's. Obviously, our board felt it made better economical sense to let these players see out the remainder of their contracts rather than pay them off. With the last of these high earners gone in Hamill, and others such as Fox and Talbot on reduced contracts, it looks like we've limited our budget.

It's a shame that certain posters of a Livingston persuasion on here can't accept that fact. :rolleyes:

That's my view exactly.

L4L, it's on decent authority from an agent.