Livingston - all the threads merged

That's my view exactly.

L4L, it's on decent authority from an agent.

How many times do you need told!

I said at the time of the demotion that we should cut the high earners from the wage bill and just play our U19's. Obviously, our board felt it made better economical sense to let these players see out the remainder of their contracts rather than pay them off. With the last of these high earners gone in Hamill, and others such as Fox and Talbot on reduced contracts, it looks like we've limited our budget.

It's a shame that certain posters of a Livingston persuasion on here can't accept that fact. :rolleyes:

We did, our highs eaner went to St Mirren, the rest

were asked to find another club if they could, but none did, and we put Hamill out on loan.

Yes it made more sense to do what they did rather than dump them and have to pay ut on their contract, then pay players to replace them they kept everyone and made se of them.

We've now about 2M in directors loans, and at last have nobody on contracts from Massone's era, so they can either keep on adding to our debt until we hit the point of admin AGAIN, or attempt to break even, they've chosen the latter.

I t is fairly common knowledge that the current crop of directors are at Livi for one reason and that is for their own personal benefit.

What benefit's that then?

(Incidentally there have been a disturbing number of people using this thread to talk about the actual football over the last couple of days - is that even allowed?)

What benefit's that then?

(Incidentally there have been a disturbing number of people using this thread to talk about the actual football over the last couple of days - is that even allowed?)

The sale of Almondvale :)

I guess football can be discussed as the thread title suggests all Livingston threads have been merged into this one... :D

Right. But they can't sell it without paying off the current leaseholder.

Let me guess, the board are going to agree a deal to sell off the stadium, split the money the Council pays us, then f**k off into the sunset?

Sounds about right.

Not right now, no. But the "we're just a xxx away from a great team" is trotted out by fans from pretty much every team every season. It doesnt change the fact that what you have is a fairly average side.

Was just messing with you, i'd take average though, remaining in the 1st is all i'm bothered about, that and not adding 600K to our debt. Hopefully the younger lads will do ok and be improved for the next again season.

This is the 1st season i can think of where Livi have attempted to break even, yet we've still fans wanting to splash out cash to try and get above mid table.

Was just messing with you, i'd take average though, remaining in the 1st is all i'm bothered about, that and not adding 600K to our debt. Hopefully the younger lads will do ok and be improved for the next again season.

This is the 1st season i can think of where Livi have attempted to break even, yet we've still fans wanting to splash out cash to try and get above mid table.

So you admit they weren't trying to break even the last two years ?