Livingston - all the threads merged

Massone being linked with a bid for St Mirren. Done a great job at Livi, but would prefer not to see him here...

Surely he wouldn't pass the SFA/SPL fit & proper person test since the Craig Whyte debacle? :lol:

How has Callum Booth done for you so far? Showed so much promise for us in the Calderclown era but his confidence was shot down with a lack of starts and results with the team. Could still make it though

1347895287[/url]' post='6635657']

How has Callum Booth done for you so far? Showed so much promise for us in the Calderclown era but his confidence was shot down with a lack of starts and results with the team. Could still make it though

He was awful yesterday.

• 6 months later...

LFC accounts are going to be filed late again this year but I have it on good authority that they will show the director's loans increased by £200,000 so stand at £1.1m as of June 2011.

2012 accounts have just been filed and the club now owes the directors £1,343,857.

Another £200,00 in loans from the directors means the club lost £4k a week again.

2012 accounts have just been filed and the club now owes the directors £1,343,857.

Another £200,00 in loans from the directors means the club lost £4k a week again.

What happened to the spending 90p in the £1 (or whatever was said at the time by McDougall or Ged Nixen) to ensure the club don't end up in the sh1t again? I know a lot of overspend was allegedly due to initially being put in the 3rd division but what's the excuse now?

Livingston fans are clearly up in arms at it all...

Probably doesn't help that we keep on changing managers at the drop of a hat.

I would imagine that a few players will be on their way in the summer. It also doesn't help that we're stuck with effectively a white elephant of a stadium. Part-time football beckons.

ETA: I'd be quite interested to see what other clubs in the division are losing/making a week.

Edited by Livi 4 Life

ETA: I'd be quite interested to see what other clubs in the division are losing/making a week.

Probably very similar to what we are, there'll be a few clubs making a bigger loss than us.

I agree we should look at going part-time though. Our gates have been utterly abysmal this season, nowhere near the worst in the division but still much poorer than they should be.

I agree as well, infact I've been saying for years we should look to go part time, with our attendances being very poor it's not sustainable to continue being full time, I'd much rather have a team in the future than going through admin every 5 years.

Probably very similar to what we are, there'll be a few clubs making a bigger loss than us.

I agree we should look at going part-time though. Our gates have been utterly abysmal this season, nowhere near the worst in the division but still much poorer than they should be.

You're right, but I think apart from Hamilton you will have the lowest crowds of all of the full time clubs by quite a margin. I know Falkirk are strapped with costs for Stirling and the stadium, but we aren't losing money on the scale of Livingston..........not even close. I would imagine squad costs are broadly similar.

Morton are currently being under written by Rae, Dunfermline we all know about, and Partick seem to be keeping it tight. They might (and its only might) be losing money, but again, I think Livingston are out on their own here.

The part time guys at Airdrie, Dumbarton, Cowdenbeath and Raith are all pretty much flat lining, so in terms of losing money (and being 1.5 million in debt), then I don't really think there's anyone close to your level of losses at the moment...........certainly not Hamilton.

Andylivi's comments about going through admin every 5 years is, as he says, unsustainable. If it happens again, then there would be real grounds for league expulsion, and in truth, anyone going into administration three times in a decade doesn't really deserve to be there.

For whatever reason, club finances never ever seem to be a subject matter on the Livingston forum(s). Why this should be, I really don't know, because every other club supporters discuss the subject to death......but not at Livingston.

I can only assume their forums are moderated to provide one sided viewpoints (which is entirely within the moderators rights).

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...

We do have some money to spend. A 5 day training camp in England probably won't cost as much as say, laying a new pitch and playing friendlies in Grangemouth as we did last season. Don't worry apparently we are going to reduce the wage budget by £200,000 that’s a 50% cut. I find that hard to believe as it's a pretty huge cut especially if we're to remain full time. The SPFL money will be a bonus to the club but I don't think the club will be loosening the purse strings. Increased prize money and possible increased sponsor money will mean we have a surplus amount in the pot if we make the suitable cuts to the wage budget. Overall I feel confident that the club is commited to these cuts and will be seeing a profit at the end of the season.

Wait!... profit? did I use that word correctly?.... nah wait livi and profit...

Nope me neither.

Edited by Livi04

The way I understood it, we were paying very little, if anything, for the training camp as it was being arranged by an external company, linked to Davie Moyes' brother if I recall. We're one of about 3 Div. 1 and below teams going on this, Ayr United being another.

I could be wrong and it could be a coincidence that we're all going to the same place.