Livingston - all the threads merged

Short but incorrect.

Meadowbank Thiatle weren't unsustainable prior to William Provan Hunter assuming 'control'. Upto that point the club was cash rich due to superb financial management of the late John Blacklaw.

The myth that viability could only be achieved in Livingston was proven mythical by the first close shave with administration/liquidation (occuring under WP Hunter's 'control') in 1998 which was only averted due to the generosity of a Lottery winner.

With 2 administration events since then, and the current round of boardroom and financial uncertainty, it is clearly evident that, no matter what their business model, 18 years on Livi have never been, or ever will be, viable.

This, under John Blacklaw Meadowbank were one of the best part time sides in Scotland. I'm sure if they had stayed at Meadowbank they would have still been around hovering between the bottom 2 division's with perhaps the odd jaunt into 1st Division.

• 2 months later...

I don't like the new top.

Got to laugh at all the Livi fans who were going to hold the new board to account to ensure we wouldn't go into admin for a third time...

The board have now got loans to the club in the region of £2m and the Chief Exec's business has been liquidated yet alarm bells are not ringing.

Worth bringing this thread back up again and point out the post from over a year ago.

Some people claimed I had some sort of agenda and obviously they couldn't hear those alarm bells. :rolleyes:

I also said those shares given to the 'Trust' weren't worth the paper they were written on and now Rankine has confirmed that by saying any share issue was done without the legalities so they don't count. It will cost a fortune to take the issue to court to try and get them back.

Rankine also said in the press when he took over that four members of the 'Trust' would be on the club board but that wasn't mentioned last night? Would they want to be on the board after being robbed of £20k?

Haha. That wouldn't surprise me in the least. A quick scan of Livilions this morning gave a few proper belly laughs. In particular, one guy has a suggestion of every kid getting a free season ticket, and adults getting in for half price too.The fact that they are in the sh1tter for nearly £2 million, and wanting a pricing structure that basically decimates meaningful income never seems to be a flaw in Livingston.

Now it's about cutting prices to get more people in, and the 18 year old issue of actually only spending what you earn seems to still be the elephant in the room that never gets addressed.......it's like it's a forbidden subject.

On the bright side, the livibudgie character seems to have all the answers to all of the marketing and performance issues even though he can't actually spell "performance". It's the first time I have read his posts, and I have been missing out.....he is comedy gold.

If true, quality piece of classic Rankine if the trusts £20k has gone walkabout. Quality piece of funds management by the trust too.....they can be proud of that one. What happened to Rankine's share issue nonsense? Good news must be the planned spend of £1.2 million on an artificial playing surface in the ground as well as another fully roofed artificial pitch nearby. I take it this will be funded by a Wonga pay day loan.

Worth bringing this thread back up again and point out the post from over a year ago.

Some people claimed I had some sort of agenda and obviously they couldn't hear those alarm bells. :rolleyes:

I also said those shares given to the 'Trust' weren't worth the paper they were written on and now Rankine has confirmed that by saying any share issue was done without the legalities so they don't count. It will cost a fortune to take the issue to court to try and get them back.

Rankine also said in the press when he took over that four members of the 'Trust' would be on the club board but that wasn't mentioned last night? Would they want to be on the board after being robbed of £20k?

You werent alone. A lot of people have known where all of this has been heading for a long time. It's only the majority of the Livingston support who didn't seem to get it.

Haha. That wouldn't surprise me in the least. A quick scan of Livilions this morning gave a few proper belly laughs. In particular, one guy has a suggestion of every kid getting a free season ticket, and adults getting in for half price too.The fact that they are in the sh1tter for nearly £2 million, and wanting a pricing structure that basically decimates meaningful income never seems to be a flaw in Livingston.

Now it's about cutting prices to get more people in, and the 18 year old issue of actually only spending what you earn seems to still be the elephant in the room that never gets addressed.......it's like it's a forbidden subject.

On the bright side, the livibudgie character seems to have all the answers to all of the marketing and performance issues even though he can't actually spell "performance". It's the first time I have read his posts, and I have been missing out.....he is comedy gold.

If true, quality piece of classic Rankine if the trusts £20k has gone walkabout. Quality piece of funds management by the trust too.....they can be proud of that one. What happened to Rankine's share issue nonsense? Good news must be the planned spend of £1.2 million on an artificial playing surface in the ground as well as another fully roofed artificial pitch nearby. I take it this will be funded by a Wonga pay day loan.

The pie in the sky idea of a training pitch and bubble is crazy when we will probably be a part time team next season (if we survive)

The stadium and surroundings are leased from the cooncil so why spend loads of money doing it up? If anything, they should approach the cooncil to help fund a plastic pitch in the stadium that will be available for community use when not required by the club. That would have been a more believable and achievable plan.

The 'Trust' managed to raise £20 in 4 years which they have now given to the club for no return. They were used as a vehicle for Ged Nixon and Dave Stoker to get on the club board and are used by the club as free labour on the turnstyles. They are now being led by the nose by Paul Goodwin of Supporter's Direct who is a very close friend of Rankine and I believe isn't thought much of by the Stirling Albion fans.

Do you not get lotto grants or some kind of grant for work like 3g pitches if you say they're for the community to use too, sure I read about that when another football team got one.

Yes, I'm fairly sure they said at the fans forum that if we get through the mess the pitches will be funded and we will also have help from sponsors etc due to the use of them being for the benifit of not just the football club but the local community.

Do you not get lotto grants or some kind of grant for work like 3g pitches if you say they're for the community to use too, sure I read about that when another football team got one.

Possibly, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. Falkirks surface has been bought by the club. That way, revenue generated by it goes back to the backers and eventually the club. I doubt very much if you can get a grant or a council to pay for it, and then watch a private company rent it out for private gain. I know it's Livingston, and when it comes to underhand financial dealings, they are pretty much in a league of their own, but I really can't see this happening. Now, the painter and decorator seeking to sneak back in via the back door with his pal if an admin could be achieved without the SPFL kicking their collective ar5es out the door as they deserve...........that probably has some merit.

Comedy gold is understatement of the century. Wish I could find the post in question, but I'm sure a month or two ago he said that if he was in charge of marketing he'd have crowds up to 2000 within 18 months.

Very admirable sentiments but he's howling to the moon.

Edited by mozam76

Never saw that post from him, but I loved that he wanted to take over marketing immediately, and despite "not knowing football", he would bring about an immediate improvement in results. As you say, there's no arrogance or ego at play. He comes across as a well meaning but somewhat dotty and dyslexic chap with a heart of gold......but beyond that, he is very much away with the fairies.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the man of the hour, Ged Nixon, being shown around West Calder Community Centre yesterday by a Council employee. Is he working for/in cahoots with the Council?

Yes to the in cahoots bit.

In the Massone era, the 'Trust' used to meet at his office in Oakbank (just in case the stadium was bugged :lol: ). That's where they met to draw up the masterplan to take over the club. West Lothian Councillors attended as well and that's where they decided to push the club into admin by demanding the rent that was due. Once a CVA was in place - 5p in the £ - the new owners would take over and the council would magically drop the price of the rent to peppercorn rates.

And yes, I have photos ;)